Secret Wars - Toys

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by Gerrit, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Hi There, any other guys out there collecting these ?

[​IMG]

Mark M likes this.
  2. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I have the complete wave 1 ... Just looking for the photo of the bad guys ... :confused

Found it ... I have all the Weapons too ... but for some reason didn't put them with the figures for the photo :confused

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  3. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I later on got a better Spiderman ... I owned one as a kid (my first action figure) and I just had to get a nice looking one ... he's not perfect, but close! ;)

[​IMG]

Mark M likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Love these toys.
    Secret Wars was the first action figures I ever owned.
    Captain America, Hobgoblin, Turbo Cycle and Doom Roller.
    I never owned anymore of these figures but had them for many years. Sadly all I have left of them is Hobgoblin. One day I would love to get them back and maybe a couple other figures.

Gerrit and Wilycub like this.
  5. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Very nice figures! :thumbsup

Gerrit likes this.
  6. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I am starting with Super Powers as well ... but they are a bit more expensive, and fragile (cloth capes) so it will take me a bit longer to get the full first Wave in the same condition as my Secret Wars ones, have Superman and Batman so far ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    Mark M likes this.
  7. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Thanks!

8. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

You are most welcome! :) Your figures really are in very nice condition.

Are you planning on collecting the second wave of the Secret Wars figures as well? I think there were around 5 figures released in it. And then there's also the vehicles and playsets.

9. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Thanks ... I searched very long for them .. most of them have no paint wear at all ... but to answer your question ... I am thinking about it ... but to be honest I have too much toys :00 ... and I am thinking of scaling down a bit (space is a huge problem for me)... especially with the new TC's on the way.

So I will get the First Wave of Super Powers done and then revisit Secret Wars after that ... and I am going to sell off most (90%) of my MOTUC MOC collection and maybe the loose collection too so I can get some much needed space back. :smile at the moment I don't even display anything ... moving later in the year, will have some more space then.

10. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Wave two is only 5 figures ... Spiderman | Baron Zemo | Daredevil | Falcon | Hobgoblin

But Hobgoblin in good condition and complete will easily set you back $90 - $120 ...without shipping :eek:
    And Falcon is also not cheap ... $60 - $80

so I will sell off a couple of MOTUC figures before I go there ... hehe :laugh

Mark M likes this.
  11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

You are forgetting the three foreign release figures.

The odd thing about the Secret Wars toyline is the figures they chose to make. They left out far ore prominent characters from the comic like Thor, Hulk, Thing, Galactus, Claw, Lizard etc and all the female characters (nothing new for 80's toyline really though) like Spider-Woman, Storm, Wasp, She-Hulk etc. Kang is in the comic for a coupe minutes then that's it.
    Baron Zemo, Hobgoblin, Daredevil, Falcon, Constrictor, Electro and Iceman were not even in the comic.

Wilycub likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The only Super Powers figure I had was Flash. I did have some of the Toybiz figures that re-used the Kenner Super Powers moulds. Superman, Robin and Mr Freeze. I would love to get a Super Powers Shazam figure.

13. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

True, I thought they weren't considered part of the original wave 2, so that just make it more unlikely for me to collect now... I guess your statement about the obscure figures also makes the first wave of Super Powers much more appealing!

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Secret Wars Super Powers were both great lines.
    Have you seen the 12" Jumbo Secret Wars figures?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  15. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Yes I did, they look awesome ... but to me the 3 3/4" scale is king!

Mark M likes this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

17. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I would love Hasbro to release a new Marvel Legends Dr Doom in his Secret Wars armour. All they have to do is make a new body as they can reuse the old Dr Dom head with the Taskmaster Skeleton mask cowl with the classic Iron Man arms and legs along with the new thigh pouch and holster from Nick Fury and that's him made. :rolleyes

20. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Sure Shazam will come, this is just first series ... I will be getting Superman and Batman for sure!