Security Concerns At Conventions

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Lion-O-hearted, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Lion-O-hearted

Lion-O-hearted Junior Member

I found the following story very concerning:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...-phoenix-comicon-identified-police/348697001/

The reason I bring this up is because this is something people may have to look out for: a situation where the attacker(s) will find a way to get weapons pass security and commit whatever ill will that is in their thought processes. Even though in situations like these there is some trail of evidence left behind, e.g., social media posts (which, btw, the social media companies need to step up in this area), there could be an occurrence where somebody will find a way to not leave any trail at all.

Now, do not get me wrong; this post is not meant to instill fear. I think conventions are a great way for people of the same interest to meet up in person, especially in today’s world when technology, in some cases, seems to be isolating people more. However, I believe this case is an example of something that people should beware of in the future.

Are there any thoughts on this?