News: She-Ra and the Princess of Power - New Netflix series

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by Wilycub, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Developed by Noelle Stevenson and produced by DreamWorks Animation Television, "She-Ra and the Princess of Power" is the latest entry into the Masters of the Universe franchise. It is an animated web television series that is set to premiere on Netflix on November 13.

Official synopsis:
    The savior of Etheria is here as DreamWorks She-Ra and The Princesses of Powerbrings to life a story of magic, friendship, loyalty, and an epic battle for peace. Inspired by the popular ‘80s series, DreamWorksShe-Ra and the Princesses of Power tells the story of an orphan named Adora, who leaves behind her former life in the evil Horde when she discovers a magic sword that transforms her into the mythical warrior princess, She-Ra. Set in a world where women are unabashedly at the forefront, the series brings forth indomitable female characters each with their unique abilities and flaws to empower and entertain audiences everywhere.

Official Trailer:

[​IMG]

Mark M, shortfuse and Daremonger like this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It will be interesting to see how this series turns out. So far as I know it is by the same crew that worked on the new Voltron series so hopefully it will be just as excellent as it.

I know there has been a lot of criticism of this series already based on the trailer.
    Personally I only ever watched the original series a few times...and while I liked it I would never say it was an absolute favourite, just an extension of the He-Man cartoon.

I will give it a watch and see what it's like but it really doesn't matter that much to me either way. If it isn't good I wont bother watching anymore of it.