He-Man She-Ra DVD release! :)

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by He-Fan, Sep 28, 2006.

1. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Hi all,

This is one DVD that hasn't been out of my DVD player for a couple of days now - the official UK DVD release of The Secret of the Sword, the animated movie featuring He-Man and which debuted She-Ra! :) The DVD also includes a second disc, featuring the 5 episodes voted the best of the series by members of the Boards on www.he-man.org. :)

From the time the format debuted, the two cartoon series I've most wanted to see on official DVD were always ThunderCats and She-Ra, my two favourites as a kid (well, at least pre-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!). Whilst I've had every episode of both series on VHS for some years now, some are a ways below broadcast quality. I have to say, seeing She-Ra in UK PAL Region 2 DVD quality is an amazing experience for me, in particular the episode "Sweet Bee's Home", which is a She-Ra season 2 episode and very, very hard to find in really good condition! :)

Is anybody else here excited about either this release or its US counterpart - and, who else is psyched for the forthcoming release of She-Ra Princess of Power season 1 part 1 in the US?! :)

Take care all, and thanks for listening! :)

2. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I can't wait to pick this up too! However I'm waiting on a £5 voucher I'm owed for use on www.sendit.com (so I get the DVD for just £6.99!)

I'm guessing the quality is absolute mint on all episodes and SOTS?

Have you watched the documentary yet Chris?

Also can you posts some pics of the case (front and back) disc art etc...? I'd love to get a preview to tide me over until I pick it up :)

3. Mikey

Mikey Junior Member

Hey Guys :)

While I haven't bought the She-Ra DVD release yet, I did do a little online shopping this week (I felt I deserved a little treat), so I bought the Season 2 Volume 2 set of Classic MOTU as well as Amy Grant's new live concert CD and DVD combo entitled Time Again: Amy Grant Live. They will be shipped all together so that will be something to look forward to in the mail! :)

Cheers, Mikey :)

4. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

No sooner said than done - well, almost! ;) OK, there are three images here - I'm guessing that everyone's seen or able to see the front cover in good quality on the various retail sites out there. So, here are the front and back cover shown together, the inside cover, and a bigger shot of the back cover on its own! Disc art to follow - I need to finish watching the second disc and take it out my DVD player! :D

Front & back cover:

[​IMG]

Back cover on its own:

http://www.thundercatslair.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=74&d=1159489507

Inside cover:

http://www.thundercatslair.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=75&d=1159489515

In answer to your other question, Neil - I still have to watch a couple of the episodes, but everything so far is beautiful quality, the best I've ever seen for She-Ra episodes! If I had one comment to make, the SOTS movie was fractionally darker in contrast than the Video Collection VHS release from back in the day - that said, I can only say that with authority because I'm so used to that release, when the movie finished on the DVD I sat there waiting for the Video Collection jingle to play! :D

And yep, the documentary is great - not as good as the Christmas Special doc IMO, but still very enjoyable. Tom Sito's She-Ra dance alone is worth the price of admission! ;)

Take care... :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  5. Rath Montchar

Rath Montchar Moleman

I'm definitely excited about the release of of She-Ra S1V1 in November(along with Thundercats S2V2!).

I was very happy when I picked up the "Top Ten" of She-Ra. I was happy that fans would be able to have both the THEATRICAL and FIVE PART versions of Secret of the Sword. For a long time now, I've had two TERRIBLE copies of Sweet Bee's Home on VHS. I can now ditch those tapes!

6. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Thanks Chris! It looks great and I can't wait to get it :)

7. BigDaddy Thunder

BigDaddy Thunder Junior Member

im not really much of a she-ra fan save for the fact that shes bviously got significant connections to he-man and etc. and so i probably wont be getting the dvd sets of the regualr series, however i just might pick up the 5 best dvd, moreso because it comes with the secret of the sword really. i think that would be enough she-ra for me.

while on this subject im glad that as of a week or so ago the entire he-man series has now made it on to dvd, im going to have so much fun reliving all my childhood memories while waching these discs over again and also i hope to be abel to share them with my kids sometime in the future as i plan to do with thundercats as well :)

-bdt8)

8. optimusprime

optimusprime Moderator

they will all be mine, i cant wait to get them all
    says it in evil skeletor way

litefoot likes this.
  9. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Mark M likes this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I got the German releas of TMNT which is the complete series. I used to have the German release of Galaxy Rangers (the cowboys in space not the Power Rangers).

litefoot likes this.
  11. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

It's a mystery to me why Germany gets stuff we don't. I know they're popular over there, but the UK is pretty partial to the likes of She-Ra and Turtles too!

That She-Ra set was only £15 last week and I held back from buying. Damn!

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I got the Turtles set for around £40 a few months ago. Considering how popular TMNT and Ghostbusters etc was here in the UK it's odd they havent released the complete series sets in the UK.
    Sadly all countries get different shows on DVD that's why I have a multi region player. So many great shows still need proper releases.

litefoot likes this.