So, what about Dorbz?

Discussion in 'Funko ThunderCats' started by ThunDerianRoyalGuard, Feb 12, 2018.

1. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I was wondering what you guys' thoughts are on the ThunderCats Dorbz. Hit, miss, forgettable? I've been seeing a lot of these being unloaded on eBay, are people buying/collecting these? Will there be more?

2. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

I cant stand them. I dislike POPS more. But Dorbz are a close 2nd.

3. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Duly noted, but do you think the ThunderCats Dorbz are doing well, i.e. selling well? How are fans, be it ThuderCats- or Funko-Fans, responding to these? Do you think there will be more?

4. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

truth be told. I bought the Dorbz Thundertank and Battlcat. To use with my Loyal subjects. I do think they are doing well, just like POPS.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  5. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

I like the POPs and Dorbz. I am still waiting for Jaga, Panthro with thundertank and the Lion-O and Mumm-Ra two pack. It will be delivered this week so I am excited about it. The only POP I still need is Lion-O. I bought Snarf a few weeks ago and will also arrive this week.

The only dorbz I still need is the 3-pack. I saw that ebay has plenty of them.

I really do hope that they continue this line until we have all the core characters. I couldn't stand POPs at first. I bought Panthro, Cheetara and Mumm-Ra at a local comic book store. It was the last of each they had and from there I just love it.

Here is hoping that they will continue.

6. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I think they're very cute! Adorable indeed. I'm thrilled to see so many variations of TC out there - it's good to reach even more new fans.

7. thunderfat80skid

thunderfat80skid Junior Member

Not a fan of Dorbz or FunkoPop, personally. I think they are soulless representations of the characters. They’re frustrating lines because they have such a great variety of awesome licenses/characters but they look so awful. I guess I’m just not into hyper-distorted proportions in general when it comes to figures/collectibles. I prefer accuracy or at least an appealing stylistic interpretation of a given character. For my money, Mezco and Mattel have done the best Thundercats figures in recent memory.

Booshman likes this.
  8. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

To me they are kinda fun. I havent pulled the trigger on buying them due to money constraints, but in the end I view almost all Thundercats merchandise out there as a positive.

9. Wes2882

Wes2882 Berbill

I really like the dorbz. I don’t mind the cute style, and the bright colors are great, and they are one of the few to really nail Lion-O’s hair shape in my opinion. I just really hope Funko is willing to get Tygra and Cheetara out there somehow. I’m so tired of stressing about whether the main cats make it out before a line stops...

10. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am hoping that with TRU going out of business I can pick these up at a discount?!

11. tone

tone Berbill

Dorbz are fine - and unlike pops, there aren’t hundreds of releases. And thankfully no chases or limited runs.
    I have the Panthro Thundertank combo.

12. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I've seen the Dorbz ThunderCats toys online and think they're all sorts of cute. <3