Something missing from Cat's Lair

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by WilyKate, Nov 5, 2017.

1. WilyKate

WilyKate Junior Member

I was looking at the blueprints of Cat's Lair and I noticed a curious absence: there's no toilets! Bit of a design flaw there, Tygra.

Or maybe Thundercats don't need to visit the bathroom? We do see them eat, though, so (without getting too graphic) it would follow that they have to poop too. Maybe they just go in the woods?

2. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Or in a giant sandbox in the basement.

The "blueprint" for a Lair guest room shows a door to "another room" opposite the door to the hallway. Maybe that's an en suite bathroom!
    [​IMG]

Tygra_Rules and Daremonger like this.
  3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Thanks for this post.

4. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Actually, the bathroom is a big no-no in many 80s (and even actual) cartoons LOL. I used to winder the same when I was a kid, not only about TCs, but also with MOTU, Silverhawks (although they were 3/4 machine, so they might have had an "evacuation" system LOL), SuperFriends, etc.

Not also that, but TCs didn't seem to take showers either. They spend a lot of time outside fighting bad guys, they for sure sweat! And Tygra and Wilykit has open boots! They're feet must be really dirty (not to say they never burnt their soles in hot grounds neither froze in snowy regions nor hurt/cut them with woods or stones... Was it too hard for Panthro to give them some new boots?). Also, when they were shown sleeping, they did itwith their clothes and boots on! Their beds must be a mess! And how did Panthro manage to sleep at all with those spikes? Or drive the ThunderTank? He might have chaneged mattress on a daily basis LOL.

Even in the Harry Potter series one has to wonder if those kids ever used a bathroom, either after lunch/dinner or just to take a shower.