SPOILER Discussion - He-Man/ThunderCats Comics- SPOILERS!!

Discussion in 'Comics (1985-2018)' started by ThunDerianRoyalGuard, Oct 7, 2016.

1. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

This thread is meant for spoiler-filled discussions of the new He-Man/ThunderCats comics from DC Comics!

Havent read it and dont want anything spoiled? Dont continue reading this thread!

[​IMG]

2. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

I just finished reading it and I really enjoyed it. It's all set-up ofcours, but I like where it is heading. And I loved that the narrator was Skeletor. So the Ancient Spirit Of Evil sold Mumm-Ra out and now he's at the mercy of Skeletor... Does not bode well for ol' Mummster! :)

Mark M and Thundergod like this.
  3. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

I just finished it too.. really enjoyed it and the art work is great. Glad to see the classic look. Wish I had them all to read now....

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Yup, mostly a setup for future editions but I enjoyed it. I am warming up to the artwork too!

5. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

Loved prince Adam getting stabbed to be honest wasnt expecting it.. can't wait for next installment...

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think I will wait for the collected graphic novel then read it.

7. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

It read more like an episode of He-Man guest starring Mumm-Ra. Sure the Thundercats were there, but they didn't really do anything of significance. But as was said, this was the issue to set events in motion. So I am sure the Cats will make their presense felt a lot more come #2.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I will be in the city this week and I will check and see if my comic shop has it and if they do I will just get it instead of waiting for the graphic novel. :D

adssse likes this.
  9. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

Good idea considering the graphic novel wouldn't come out til April or May at the earliest.

10. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Yeah, that felt right :) Mumm-Ra disguised as the Sorceress was well done and Adam being late for the ceremony was enjoyable. Only thing I though was weird was Cringer not transforming into Battle Cat when Adam became He-Man.

11. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

Kind of hard for He-Man to turn Cringer into Battlecat whenever his sword is buried in his body. Even after the transformation, He-Man still had an ancient mystical bodybuilder to deal with.

12. Thunderpants

Thunderpants Junior Member

I can't say I'm a fan of this artwork. Except for the Skeletor page at the end, I found most of it downright painful to look at. The characters all have strange proportions, and the perspectives are just bizarre.
    If this wasn't Thundercats I wouldn't be giving this art a second glance, or even a first for that matter.

13. Thunderpants

Also why isn't this in the Comics forum?

14. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

o_O Really? I guess it's not for everybody... But if you dislike it so much, why buy it?

15. Thunderpants

It's Thundercats, and it's better than going without. But not by much.

16. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I read issue 1 of He-Man/ThunderCats on ReadComics.TV. And I enjoyed it a lot. :)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  17. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

He-Man ThunderCats #2

[​IMG]

Anyone read this yet? Mine is in the mail, cant wait!

Daremonger likes this.
  18. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

Yes, I got mine yesterday. Synopsis:

Mumm-Ra is still alive as a pile of dust after the Ancient Spirits of Evil betray him in favor of Skeletor. Skeletor plans to absorb Mumm-Ra's essence so he too can become Ever-Living. Meanwhile, He-Man is ambushed by the combined might of the Evil Warriors and the Mutants, but he wins anyway with help from King Randor. Mumm-Ra offers to tell Skeletor the secret identity of He-Man if he will restore him to his true form. Skeletor cares not, drinks the Mumm-Ra dust, and becomes Skeletor the Ever-Living. He then raises He-Man's sword, says He-Man's transformation sequence, and He-Man turns back into a dying Prince Adam right in front of his father. After declaring his intentions to not honor his bargain with the Ancient Spirits of Evil, Skeletor is surprised by the sudden appearance of the Thundercats.

So once again, an issue where the He-Man characters take presidence over those from Thundercats. However, that looks to change with issue 3.

19. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Got mine in the mail today :) I enjoyed reading it. Pretty cool to see the Mutants pair up with Skeletors goons. The fight between He-Man and them was pretty brutal, I must say. He-Man rips of Trap-Jaws jaw and frikkin throws it in Tri-Klops' eye! The blurb actually reads "IMPALE"! Overall pretty good. The art is a bit messy. Close-ups are great, but a lot of detail is gone on wider shots, though I cant see why. Look forward to #3!

20. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I just read issue 2 on Read Comic Online. It was cool. It was also, for me, pretty much true to the original barbaric nature of the Masters of the Universe brand.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016