SPOILER Discussion - He-Man/ThunderCats Comics- SPOILERS!!

Discussion in 'Statues & Modern Collectables (2009 -)' started by thunderianroyalguard, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I had so much fun reading issue 3 online, one of the best highlights being the Skeletor-ThunderCat battle. :)

2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Where is it available online? (Feel free to PM me if it can't be posted here)

Daremonger likes this.
  3. Thundergod

Thundergod Berbill

Was great seeing the thundercats in battle in this issue. I'm enjoying this series so far..roll on next month for part 4.

Cap'n Cracka, Daremonger and adssse like this.
  4. thunderianroyalguard

thunderianroyalguard Manager - Toy Section TC.org Staff

[​IMG]

Just got my copy in the mail.. pretty cool if you ask me... :)

adssse likes this.
  5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

The writing seems like it could use a little work, especially the dialogue. The artwork is pretty nice though.

6. thunderianroyalguard

Agreed on the dialogue, it's a bit stilted and forced at some points. But overall I didnt really mind. I did find the use of the word "jackass" a bit jarring :D

7. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Yes, that line in particular just felt completely out of character

8. Daremonger

Did everybody enjoy issue 4 of He-Man/ThunderCats? I sure did, when I read it on freecomiconline.to.

thunderianroyalguard likes this.
  9. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

I skimmed through my copy just now. Awful dumb of Lion-O to revive He-Man in such a way.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  10. Daremonger

I admit it was weird for Lion-O to revive He-Man that way as well. It didn't hurt my enjoyment of the issue, however.

11. thunderianroyalguard

Yes, I sure did! This is my favorite issue yet. I'll admit it was all pretty "out there", but awesome nonetheless. The Sword Of Omens trasforming Cringer into.. ehm.. ThunDer-Cat (?) was pretty original, I thought. And He-Man being revived in Mumm-Ra's sarcophagus was a pretty clever way of getting him to figt Lion-O. The vsin th SoO showd He-mn was petty brutal, righ? Heads on pikes, slain bodies.. and did they goof and put Clamp Champ in twice?

Daremonger likes this.
  12. Daremonger

I think they did goof on Clamp Champ.

13. Daremonger

Issue 5 was a treat to read online. It was so awesome seeing all the heroes (minus He-Man and Lion-O) battle the Ancient Spirits of Evil. :)

14. thunderianroyalguard

As per usual, my copy will arrive 2 days after Daremonger posts in this thread :) So I'll be back shortly :)

15. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

I can't give my 2 cents yet, because my local comics store didn't get it in, so hopefully next week.

16. thunderianroyalguard

Finally got to read it! Pretty cool, right? I think they did an amazing job, the battleground was very well done and it was great to get some ThunDerCats action :) I would have liked to see more of ThunDera as Jaga time/dimension-hopped to get the Treasure. Also the last page promises a look at the multiverse in issue #6, pretty excite to find out what that entails :)

Thundergod and Daremonger like this.
  17. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

It was pretty good but I can't help but feel as though the writers are somewhat biased towards the MOTU characters. There were a few instances where I felt as though they were attempting to portray them as superior to the Thundercats or they were somewhat condescending.

18. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

Part of that may have to do with MOTU having always been the more successful of the 2 franchises.

19. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

I just got around to reading this issue. Doesn't take a genius to figure out how this mini will end. Mumm-Ator will quickly lay waste to the Masters and Thundercats just as He-Man and Lion-O arrive and witness the carnage. Mumm-Ator will then get the upper hand until the Sorceress and Jaga show up with the Golden Disks of Knowledge and perhaps the Book of Omens. The McGuffin devices will then be used to save the day, the Thundercats bid farewell to the Masters and depart Eternia, the end.

20. Daremonger