stupid question: Thundercats ownsership...

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Omen_reader, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Omen_reader

Omen_reader Junior Member

Hey, didn't know where else to post this. I was wondering about something....it's not very important, but it won't stop bugging me.

I was looking at the toyfare pics of the 2011 Thundercats action figures again, and I noticed on the bottom of the figure boxes in the pics (on the back where they were showing the wilykit and wilykat artwork) something printed along the lines of "Thundercats is a registered tramark of Saban international N.V."

Wait a sec, doesn't Warner Bros. own the T-cats now? All my T-cats stuff has "copyright Warner Bros and Ted Wolf" What the?!? How did Saban get involved? Could someone elighten me please? :confused:

2. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I moved this to the 2011 ThunderCats Toys & Collectibles forum, as much because I thought it stood more chance of getting answered here - I'm curious to know the answer myself! :D

Take care... :)

3. Could be a misprint since Bandai deals heavily with Power Rangers which is a Saban property and the packaging on the back of the Toy Fair figs wasn't final. I've googled it and can find no relationship between Saban and Thundercats. That coupled with Bandai displaying both new Thundercats and Power Rangers figures at Toy Fair leads me to believe its a misprint that nobody caught.

That aside, best guess would be that some unknown details of a partnership between Warner Bros and Saban was somewhere in the workings of the new cartoon

Here's info on Trademarks from the US Patent and Trademark Office

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  4. Atharun

Atharun Junior Member

Well Saban Ent. was bought out buy Disney with the exception of a few franchises. Although earlier this year or last year Haim Saban reformed a media group and reaquired the Power Rangers franchise. So no idea.