Sword of Omens Replica

Discussion in 'Vintage Collectables' started by Lordore, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

More than any other new Statue announcement or upcoming Thundercats product, i am mostly looking forward to a full-sized and scaled, true to the cartoon, replica of the Sword of Omens:liono , much like the Star Wars Lightsabers FX by Master Replicas. It would be a perfect addition to any collector. Besides the sword plays a major role and always was a fans favorite part of the Thundercats' mythos.

The Eye of Thundera could be enhanced with realistic power up and power down light effects and the sword could also feature authentic sound effects digitally recorded from the show.

Every now and then some custom made Swords pop up in the internet but honestly they lack in quality.

I hope Master Replicas or any other Company with expertise and passion for manufacturing detailed replicas, take an interest in this Legendary Sword!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  2. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I second this! An actual cartoon accurate Sword of Omens would be a real nice addition to any collection! I would be all over this!

3. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

The sword embedded in the hilt could come with two removable blades, one in the size of a dagger and the other blade increased in length like a long sword for "sight beyond sight"!

I imagine the display stand similar to the picture below from the Cat's lair Sword chamber

[​IMG]

4. Lynx-O

Lynx-O Glass Walker

That would be so awesome....I hope they make it, I must have one so that I can raise it up in the air while out in my front yard and yell....."Thunder, Thunder, ThunderCats HOOOOOOOOO!" I wonder if I would get arrested?

5. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

This is a cool idea. But Master Replicas are not in business anymore. The Star Wars Force FX series is taken over by Hasbro, where as regular 1:1 Lightsaber replicas without blades are currently in production from eFX Collectibles.

Not sure if Hasbro would be interested in the ThunderCats license, but some other company should definitely take this up. Interchangeable blades would be cool, if not two separate replicas with short and long blades would be great as well.

6. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Thanks for the info Vivek, i wasn't aware of that, i am sure some other companies would be able to manufacture one great sword if they acquire the license.

7. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I don't see why the makers of the 6" statues and vehicles wouldn't consider a Sword of Omens.

8. A 1:1 size replica would definitely be nice of both the dagger and the sword!

9. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

The problem with interchangeable blades to switch between the dagger and sword is that the sword's hilt changed as well, curved slightly down in dagger form, curved way up in sword form.

There is a company that I think could do a some really cool things with this idea, http://www.ultrasabers.com/. They make a wide range of lightsabers, with many different designs. The problem I see there is that the tubes they use are round light a lightsaber blade, not pointy like a real sword.

And FYI, Hasbro now makes FX Lightsabers that have detachable blades.

10. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

I've always personally wanted a very cool Sword of Omens, but never had the wherewithall to buy one. Who here has bought any of the replicas on ebay?