TC 2011 DVD Disc Variation?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Educool, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Educool

Educool Junior Member

Hi All,
    I recently bought what I thought was season 1 of the thundercats 2011 series.
    The case is from the new series, with appropriate blurb, episode listings and characters.
    The printing on the disk is of the new series also.
    When I loaded the disk up it contained 6 of the original 80's series starting from Exodus.

This is not a bootlegged copy and was purchased sealed from a major retailer.
    Has anyone else found this, or is this just a happy reproduction accident?

2. Gold Lion

Gold Lion Great Void Dweller

That sounds kind of weird. Never heard of that happening before. Can you post a pic of the DVD case?

3. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

where did you buy it from? I would've thought the two series would've been distributed by different companies but I could be wrong.

4. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

That's really odd. I would like to see pictures as well.

5. Rizefall

Rizefall Swedish Meatball

Pictures! :D

The only problem i've had with discs is for a game called Balduers Gate 2. Disc I was Disc II and Disc II was Disc I, weird :confused:

6. balgus82

I bought a PS2 game from Walmart once and it had a scratched blank CD inside. Never could figure out how that happened. It still had the plastic cover on it! Didn't even try to return it because I didn't think they'd believe me.

7. Educool

Educool Junior Member

request for pics

Hi All,
    Thanks for the replies. Will post pics in a couple of days. The disc is from Australia and purchased from a store called Big W (a large department chain in Aus). I was told today by another DVD retailer that it's no longer being distributed, so maybe after that batch they picked up on the error. See what you think when I put up the pics.
    Cheers.

Merged Post:
    I'm trying to upload pics to the post but it's asking for an http url when I go to insert an image. I don't have the pics online but stored locally. How would you like them?
    Cheers

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  8. Rizefall

Rizefall Swedish Meatball

Just upload them to imgur or any similar site and give us links :) Fast and easy :D

9. Educool

Educool Junior Member

2nd disc

I just purchased a second disc with the same thing so it's not just a single disc issue, more likely batch wide. Also I found in the lower half of the page an attach file function so I'll use that for the pics when I'm at my desktop.

10. Educool

Educool Junior Member

Images of Dvd

Sorry for the delay, here you go.

Attached Files:

11. balgus82

That's really strange. It even has the 2011 Lion-O printed on the disc. And I've never seen those images on the OS menus either.

12. Thunderhood

Thunderhood Junior Member

Where do you live? You have an insert on the left side of the DVD CASE. I don't. Other than that, my box art and DVD disk is exactly the same, but the material is from the new Thundercats series. I also purchased a seperate DVD called, THUNDERCATS: The Original Series | Season 1 | Part 1. The artwork on the DVD box consist of Lion-o in a running posse with his sword full length in color while his companions are profiles along the sides of the box in black and white.

I never opened the DVD, because purchasing one was so difficult to find and I think it is or can be a rare item to have, plus I own those (overly expensive, poorly made) original box set Thundercat DVD's that launched in 2005. One of the main reasons I even brought the re-release in the form of 2012's of seaon one's THUNDERCATS: The Original Series | Season 1 | Part 1, was because the Exodus episode wasn't present in the original Thundercats DVD Box set. I assume that the Exodus episode is included in the THUNDERCATS: The Original Series Season 1 | Part 1.