Tcatempire's collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by tcatempire, Jan 3, 2007.

1. tcatempire

tcatempire Junior Member

Hey Guys. Here is a look at my collection. I collect loose complete figures, and try and pick up MIB vehicles if possible. I would love to collect MOC figures as well(but doubt I will ever be able to afford that). So far my collection is almost complete with only the MIB Stilt Runner, laser sabers, as well as the tongue o saurus missing.

I did purchase a MIB stilt runner on ebay in September 2006 however it still has not arrived and the seller now no longer listed on Ebay... so im presuming that will never show up. Now I have to look for another one of those (dont suppose any of you have one for sale?) :)

I will update the pics as I get new items and my collection grows.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

I like it they all look good standing there at attention. I like how you have doubles of some of them are these the different paint variants (i didnt really study it indepth)

3. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

It certainly looks like you have the red,maroon and orange hair Lion O variations

4. tcatempire

tcatempire Junior Member

Both of you are right. I have the 3 Lion O variants as well as a few others. Rataro with silver daggers and Rataro with Black Daggers, young and old Tygra, as well as 3 different paint variants of old tygra (the Tygras are spred out so it is hard to spot them all). I also have euro and USA variants of the thunderclaw, and a few other random other incomplete figures.

Ultimately I would like to collect all the variants in all the figures, but we all know how long that road is. :)

5. MannysCollectibles

A neverending road it is...I dont think i will ever complete my collection because i intend to have every single variation

6. tcatempire

tcatempire Junior Member

I think all Thundercats collectors have their work cut out for them in the years ahead. With the demand for Thundercats increasing, and less and less quality/rare figures turning up, it seems like its going to be an uphill battle to complete any collection. If anyone is well on their way though it must be you Manny! Your collection is simply amazing.

but at the same time, it wouldnt be half as fun collecting if finding them wasnt a bit of a challange.

7. MannysCollectibles

Its been tough collecting Thundercats for the last 2 1/2 years...not only has it been costly but its at the point that variations just seem to pop out of nowhere so it makes it so much harder to complete a collection. I know I will probably never be able to say " I have every single variation and Thundercats action figure ever made or even I have have every Thundercats LJN release" but Im pretty happy on how lucky Ive gotten despite it being tough. I am at the point in the collection where Thundercats has beecome too expensive and I must resort to saving for what I need to complete the LJN side of Thundercats. Luckily I have gotten almost all the tougher and rarer figrues to get but I still have a long ways to go. Even if it takes me 10,20 or 30 years my goal will be to complete at least an entire collection of the LJN releases

8. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

tcatempire, your collection looks really nice in that piece of furniture! I think I'll have to get myself one that's wide like yours.. Mine is just to narrow and some of them are almost hidden by the others!

:liono

9. tcatempire

tcatempire Junior Member

Thanks Vintage. Ultimately I would like to build a proper display case for my collection, but for now that old book case does the job.

10. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

Very nice my friend.

11. brollicon

brollicon Junior Member

nice collection just started collecting figure myself found the thunderwings do u have one