#tellmattel what you want for ThunderCats Classics

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Plun-Darr Legend

So Mattel has asked the fans to #tellmattel what they want, and more specifically, what they want out of ThunderCats. How would you like to buy into the potential continuation of the line? A full year's sub of 12 or 4 at a time like Super7.
    My wish for 2019 would be to at least give us Cheetara or Tygra mainly because I don't want the line to end after just the core line up. If they could do 2 sets of full year figures I would want it like this:
    1. Jaga
    2. Grune
    3. Vultureman
    4. Bengali
    5. Cheetara
    6. Mumm-Ra
    7. Snarf / Mamutt
    8. Monkian
    9. Mandora
    10. Tug Mug
    11. Willa
    12. Safari Joe
    Then the year thereafter:
    1. Lynx-O
    2. Chilla
    3. Slithe
    4. Driller
    5. Ratar-O
    6. Alluro
    7. Mongor
    8. Tygra
    9. Captain Cracker
    10. Claudus
    11. Jagara
    12. Red Eye
    Yes I know that still leaves Luna and Amok as a 2 pack, the Berbils as a 3 pack and 2 pack, Ratilla, the Snarfs, Nayda, the Bersekers and not to mention the awesome creations by Joe Amaro!!!! What would you like?

Daremonger likes this.
  2. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

I really like your list. I'd very gladly add year three:
    1. Captain Shiner
    2. Nayda
    3. Snarfer & Berbil Bert
    4. Quick Pick
    5. Hammerhand
    6. Top Spinner
    7. Cruncher
    8. Ram Bam
    9. Mumm-Rana
    10. Berbil Bill & Belle
    11. Snowman & Snow Meow
    12. Turmagar

I'd love to see Plutar, the 2 unreleased Berzerkers, Stinger, Spidera and of course Luna & Amok as an over-sized item!!

Sebastiaan and Daremonger like this.
  3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'd like for Mattel to dig a lot deeper into the character well that is ThunderCats. Here's my list:

Lynxana (Marvel Comics)
    Queen Tartara
    Captain Bragg and Crownan
    Kudi
    The Mad Bubbler
    The Childe of Gorgon
    The Rock Giant
    Shadowmaster
    Sondora
    Ratilla the Terrible
    Snarfs Eggbert and Oswald
    Torr
    The Demolisher and Dirge
    Bundan and Hurrick (Bolkins)
    The Unicorn Keepers
    Young Jaga and Young Claudus
    Malcar
    Quickpic
    Nemex and Brodo
    Young Lion-O
    Tongue-a-Saurus and Lizzor

Sebastiaan and Ianm1225 like this.
  4. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Moleman

I am fine with subs or preorders or whatever. It just makes sense from both ends and it's surprising all the high paid people at these companies didn't figure out this is the way to do things for collectors a long time ago.

For figures I really wanted them to spread it out so that we kept getting core and lesser characters over time. But after all we've been through, I am very tempted to have them do Tygra, Cheetara, Mumm-Ra, Slithe, and Mokian first to ensure we have a completed core. But I have a feeling if they do that, after that the line will stop selling and fail. So it's the old catch-22.

I would be so happy to see the fully fleshed out line MOTUC has received, where even obscure characters get treated with the same love and care as the big names. That's what I REALLY want. Captain Cracker, Hatchiman, the Lunataks, Wizz-Ra, etc. That's my dream.

Sebastiaan and Ianm1225 like this.
  5. Bengali

Bengali Berserker

How bout a 2nd edition of LionO, there’s just something off about him, definitely needs a better sculpt imo.

Mark M likes this.
  6. 13977

13977 Junior Member

I'd be happy with two six figure Subs and an exclusive:
    Year 1: Jaga, Grune, Monkian, Slithe, Tygra, Cheetara
    Year 2: Vultureman, Mumm-Ra, Bengali, Lynx-O, Ratar-O, Snarf & Mamutt 2-pack
    Exclusive: Spirit of Jaga

After that my dream figures would be:
    Mongor
    Hammerhand
    Snowman
    Driller

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Sebastiaan likes this.
  7. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Moleman

Driller could be really cool. I really want Mumm-Rana or Wizz-Ra the most out of the more obscure characters.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  8. Sebastiaan

I wouldn't mind a reissue BUT only if it offered a different something else, like a mantel and crowned head for his coronation - then you can have him both ways.

9. Sebastiaan

Oh yes please!!!! And Ta-She!!!

10. Sebastiaan

These really are the core lot. I will die a happy man if we only got these. But there is so much potential!!!

11. Sebastiaan

That is exactly the difficult situation Mattel needs to be clever with: do you just do the major missing good guys, do you focus on a split with the bad guys, or do you do the top main rosters from both seasons. I would be gutted if they didn't do Bengali and Lynx-O. I would also be upset if Vultureman never got made. The thing is they can either push out the main lot in one year of strong characters like:
    1. Cheetara
    2. Tygra
    3. Jaga
    4. Grune
    5. Mumm-Ra
    6. Slithe
    7. Monkian
    8. Vultureman
    9. Snarf (and maybe Mamutt)
    And if we are lucky see Bengali and Lynx-O.

Otherwise they can do the above split over 2 years and include some great and important characters. I would prefer to get this done over 2 years to ensure we get these and thereafter they can include the Lunataks, Berserkers and Claudus / Jagara, etc. So yes, the success of this line all depends on how they present it. And please can we #tellmattel that exclusives should be made available to us all!!!

12. Sebastiaan

I always wanted a Lynxana and Young Lion-O. So many great characters here. I really would also like to see the comicbook characters like Bobcat and Wilycat. And yes - Joe Amaro's creations!!!!

Daremonger likes this.
  13. Sebastiaan

Oversized items and vehicles AND PLAYSETS would be awesome, right? Snowmeow can be an easy reuse of Battle Cat's buck.

Daremonger likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

No reissue, the figure needs to be almost fully remade to correct all of the faults. So it would be more than different enough from the first release.

I completely agree. Sadly Lion-O was the worst figure released in Classics.
    He needs to be remade with an almost entirely new sculp.
    His proportions were all off and he was far too short. He needed to be the tallest of the figure released.
    He could do with having a nicer happy expression face sculpt.
    Also he could do with having a proper sized metallic claw shield instead of that furry oversized monstrosity.
    And a better feature to connect it to his belt.

I am excited though Mattel is doing something again with Thundercats. If they can address the issues with Lion-O for a new release and re-issue the other figures for people who missed out the first time and sold off their collections I may buy most of the figures from the line.

I just hop they release the main core characters first so there is at least the main season 1 Thundercats team and a few Mutants. Any figures after that would be fine like the season 2 characters, Berserkers and various villains.

15. Sebastiaan

I feel really sorry for people who sold off their wave 1 figures, but it is not a reason for Mattel to re-release them. If you "gave up" on the line that is understandable as it appeared to be over BUT why not keep these figures that were fantastic albeit incomplete. The 2011 figures were also left incomplete. Taking it further, the series as well, so selling off those figures and dvd's/blu-ray means it was sold because it was incomplete. You can just as well argue the LJN line was incomplete because the prototypes shown were not sold or made available and yes, despite the core line up being complete, the Lunataks were absent, the new TC's vehicles were not made nor was the others from season 2. Figure collections will never be complete - you can argue all you want but until every character is made it simply won't be. So I will say if you sold it because you didn't want an incomplete collection it makes sense but I personally loved my figures way too much to sell them off despite them being incomplete.

ButterflyBoy likes this.
  16. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Moleman

You can always buy them back.
    I am reminded that I would KILL for a ThunderTank.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. Sebastiaan

Yes me too!!!! I would be delighted if they released one. I nearly got a vintage one but now I'm holding out for a potential proper one.

18. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Plun-Darr Legend

I would really love it if the Lunatacs could somehow be made. I think they are a great, eclectic group of bad guys and they have never been given the plastic treatment.

Also...I know everyone forgets him, and he is nobody's favorite...but I'd need Snarfer to really feel like the whole team is complete.

As for vehicles, I think a Thunderstrike would be AWESOME!!

19. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

Lunataks and Snarfer are my biggest wants! I really really hope they somehow happen!

Sebastiaan and ButterflyBoy like this.
  20. Sebastiaan

Agreed!! I would love to have Snarfer but most importantly - give me the Lunataks! The LJN line is sorely missing these - as are all the other lines!!! Always wondered why minimates never did them. Is nobody believing in these baddies? I'm sure a bunch of us on here will be buying them if they get made.

Ianm1225 likes this.