#tellmattel what you want for ThunderCats Classics

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Active Member

I know of Battle Tribes by Spy Monkey Creations. They're pretty cool for what they are. They actually put out faux versions of He-Man, Skeletor, Lion-O, Panthro, Crystar, and one who I assume is Thundarr. They're a little pricey for their size, IMHO.

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes they are a bit pricey. I seen Mythic Legions did some MOTU inspired figures of He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lynn and Cringer.

3. Sword Breaker

Yes, the Mythic Legions stuff is incredible looking, but also a bit $alty. Amazing detail, though.

Personally, I tend to prefer Fantasy styled characters with no armor like Conan, John Carter, and DC Comics' Warlord.

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes Mythic Legions looks nice but they are quite pricey and I don't like the buying method having to pre-order them so far in advance.
    I mostly like fantasy and sci-fi but I do like some superhero characters.
    That was why MOTU, Thundercats and Bravestarr were so appealing as they had a lot of fantasy combined with sci-fi.
    But I do like some things to just either be fantasy or sci-fi.

5. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

Just a thought I was having yesterday when i was looking at the IG wewantmorethundercats....i was wondering what exactly is it that MATTEL is looking for or needing to see in order to continue the line....the fact that it was Pixel Dans #1 asked question sounds like a good indication that its on peoples minds.....same with last years powercon....the most talked about news was the showing of Jaga and Grune....its really annoying that they dont communicate anything....

Sword Breaker likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The whole #TellMattel campaign on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook etc is a waste of time.
    Mattel knew people wanted Thundercats. That's why they got the licence in the first place.
    And they know lots of people still want Thundercats.
    The same way they also know people want information but they choose to remain silent rather than acknowledge the fans.
    Mattel were the ones that ended Thundercats Classics and closed down Matty Collector not the fans.
    People have been telling Warner Bros. and Mattel they want Thundercats figures since 2016 when Classics was cancelled and since then WB and Mattel have kept silent and not said if they still have the licence or any intention of doing anything with Thundercats.

7. Sword Breaker

It's very frustrating. Fans want them, and they have money to spend. What more does Mattel need to know??

Again, this is why I mentioned a Faux-Thundercats line. If nobody will make the originals, then I wish somebody would make something similar.

8. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Moleman

Or just make them outright. TMNT has had it happen. All this silence is just pathetic.

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Maybe all the unfinished lines is putting other companies off.
    With the history of the lines being cancelled before finishing the core line up is a major factor for companies purchasing the licence, distributors actually buying the line to sell to consumers and consumers actually buying the line.
    Will a company want to buy the licence to make figures they know consumers aren't going to have much faith in. If sales aren't strong to start with there is a chance they wont continue making more...then its back to square one with another unfinished line.
    Will distributors want to buy them if they think they are going to get cancelled then be stuck with peg warming stock they will have to sell at discount.
    Will the fans support another line and risk being stuck with another collection of unfinished figures.
    These are pretty big factors that all companies will have to consider before making any Thundercats related products.

The silence really is pathetic and annoying. Why can't they just out rightly say yes or no.
    When the fans see how Mattel and even WB communicate with the fans it's not going to be too encouraging for the fans to support their product.

A few months back after DST released the Real Ghostbusters figures there was a lot of talk on the future of the line and they said at the moment they currently had no plans for more figures. Then due to the fans interest and sales a couple months ago they announced they would be making more Real Ghostbusters figures.
    All the fans are now excited about which other cartoon characters will be getting made. I'm hoping a Janine, Louis, Samhain and Bogeyman. It's not likely but I would also love the Vampire and Werewolf from the episode ''No One Comes To Lupusville'' but I doubt they will make them.
    That is how you communicate with the fans and build hype and support for your toy line.

10. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Moleman

It's really not difficult. We won't be here and waiting forever.

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That's a good point Mattel should really understand. The vast majority of fans are not exclusive collectors of Thundercats merchandise. The vast majority of fans collect different toylines.
    Will fans want to invest in collecting a toyline that will probably be cancelled and unfinished and deal with a company that doesnt communicate with the fans?
    I would safely say most fans will rather stick collecting toylines they enjoy that aren't in danger of being cancelled from companies they trust that communicate with them and let them know what they are doing with the products.
    I personally collect figures from several different toylines I enjoy.
    The figures I do collect from different lines have amazing sculpts, great movie/animation likenesses and accurate proportions, superb articulation, multiple accessories, easily available at retail and reasonably priced. Sadly the Mattel Thundercats Classics really didn't match those specifics so I passed on them.
    Unless Mattel or any company that does eventually make Thundercats figures really steps up their game and improves upon the first Classics released, as much as I like Thundercats, I will have to pass on them like I did with the Mattel Classics.

12. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Moleman

I too collect from all over. There is so much out there that I won't keep checking up on this forever before I have better things to do with my time and money.

Sword Breaker and Mark M like this.
  13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I am not a completist collector. I dabble getting figures I like and think are cool from different lines. Not counting vintage, but as far as modern figures go I collect from Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ghostbusters, Star Wars Black Series, WWE, Masters of the Universe, Marvel Legends, DC - Icons, Essentials, Multiverse/Universe Classics etc.
    I don't own any yet but I am planning on getting some of Bandai's Dragon Ball Dragon Stars and Hasbro's Lighting Collection Power Rangers figures as they are very impressive.

14. Sword Breaker

I collect other stuff, too. And I feel the same....if nobody wants to make T-Cats, I can just shift focus to other stuff.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Mark M likes this.
  15. Sword Breaker

Same here. I don't have enough disposable income to be a Completist, and on top of that, I only buy characters that I think look really cool by my standards. I even buy figures from lines I don't normally collect, as long as the character looks sharp. That's why I keep talking about a 3rd Party doing something else.
    ----------------
    :liono

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    Mark M likes this.
  16. Sword Breaker

17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That's WB marketing for you.

18. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Moleman

They don't even look good. Running on fumes.

I am going to spend this week full on harassing Mattel and Warner again. Probably the last time.

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Hopefully you can get a reply and some information. But when they haven't mentioned anything on only of the various social media campaigns I doubt they will give any information to anyone else enquiring about Thundercats.
    Then again though the Complete Box Set DVD is getting released soon so maybe, if they had a marketing sense, they would announce something now and try and build some excitement for the brand.

I am personally not that interested anymore in Mattel/Super 7/ Four Horsemen Thundercats. As far as I am concerned overall I would rather another company to take over and make the figures.

20. Sword Breaker

That would absolutely be the best time to announce something.

I'm thinking that if nothing is announced at Power-Con this summer, then that's all she wrote.

I'm fine with that myself. The time for those companies has passed.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019