#tellmattel what you want for ThunderCats Classics

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Being realistic...after what Mattel did last time, even if Mattel did announce they were going to continue Thundercats...it's not as though the vast majority of fans are going to willingly trust them again and throw money at them for their product.
    I think a fresh start with a new company is the best option all around.
    Sometimes starting over from scratch is the best way. Lots of companies have took over an out done the predecessor.
    Mattel WWE is vastly superior to the Jakks WWE figures.
    Hasbro's Lightning Collection Power Rangers are arguably the best Power Rangers figures ever made compared to Bandai's.
    DST Ghostbusters are amazing compared to Mattel's.
    NECA have out done McFarlane toys on pretty much every toy line like Predator, Robocop, Alien and numerous horror films.
    Hasbro's Marvel Legends are better than Toybiz's in every way, sculpt, proportion, paint and articulation.
    NECA have pretty much made the best TMNT ever compared to Playmates.
    I am more than confident that Hasbro, NECA, DST, Mezco or even Bandai could out do the Mattel 4 Horsemen Thundercats.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Sword Breaker likes this.
  2. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

Very, very well said, MARK.
    ---------------
    :liono

Mark M likes this.
  3. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Vortex Explorer

If Friday the 13th Part VI can have a figure, we can get TCats figures. Let's go!

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

5. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

:00 Well, this is kinda weird.

S7 isn't exactly the first company I would want to make Thundercats, but when you compare it to getting no figures at all, they are definitely the best option.

If it happens, I wonder if they will continue with the MOTU style buck, or a completely different scale and size. Thoughts??

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Not exactly my first choice either but any company making them is better than none.

I would say they will continue to be on the MOTU buck like Conan, Toxic Avenger etc but I would like to think they would sculpt a lot of new parts to make the figures more accurate in height an proportion.
    Hopefully they can get their quality control issues all sorted out before they start releasing Thundercats and TMNT.

I just hope they start the line fresh with a new improved Lion-O.
    May they could start with some Ultimates like MOTU and re-release the first figures with the needed improvements.

7. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

You are definitely not the first person I have heard say that.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I am assuming they will start over from scratch. I could absolutely be wrong, but that's my initial feeling.
    ---------------

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  8. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

VERY EXITING!!!
    here are the points I think are important
    realistically there are only a handful of companies that were candidates for this line....Mattel, super7 and to a lesser degree NECA...i never thought a big player like hasbro or a more obscure company like McFarlane could get the rights...and to me the Funko ones dont really count...im talking highly detailed and articulate 6inch scale action figures
    Ive bought everything Super 7 has put out...and ive seen all the quality control stuff...paint chips...etc...but they did have a steep learning curve...they are not a big toy company so the resources arent as vast as hasbro or mattel. On the upside now they have a little more experience with making these type of figures. They have been putting out a lot of product. Cool looking product and more importantly product that wed never thought would or could be made. Getting the movie figs out and the snake mountain show that they do pursue some challenging goals. So if you transfer all that to a thundercats line....theres a good chance that TC fans will get a lot of TC product...i would love some vintage style figs that were never made...some LJN style lunatacs, demolisher, etc along with some accurate as seen on tv LJN characters....imagine and accurately painted Grune! or JAGA!...plus of course classic style TC....how bout a Thundertank....
    Bryan usually does what he says he is going to do....and if he says hes the closest hes ever been to this license i have no reason to not believe him. Im super excited !!

On a separate note I thougth Mattel bringing the Grune and Jaga to powercon just to ask fans to "let them know" we wanted thundercats was bs...they know, they dont need to be told....and then never saying anything again...nothing at NY....feels like they were just leading me on with no real intention of making them....I truly hope super seven gets the license...they seem to really have a genuine interest in producing this line....can we change the title of this thread to "tell super7 we want more thundercats" lol or "tell WB we want super 7 to make TC"

9. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I would rather see new sculpts for a ThunderCats action figure line from Super7 rather than the standard Masters of the Universe buck.

10. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Vortex Explorer

New sculpts would be great, but they were working out alright in my opinion. So I'll take whatever I can get as long as I can get a complete cast.

I will buy every Classics figure they make, from Mandora to Wizz-Ra, I don't care. I'm in for whatever they can dream up.

11. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Something is cooking in a pot we can only see as steaming from its closed lid. Pay attention to the next couple if weeks folks. That pressure cooker is about to explode.
    (And I agree to changing the title of the thread)

12. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

Believe it or not, I would love a Wizz-Ra figure!! He would look great in plastic.
    -----------------
    :panthro

13. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

Delete
    Yaaayyyy!!!

I really hope that S7 hits the ground running. I would love a lean and mean approach with all A-Listers! Sure, it would be great if we got some B and C List characters, but after so many false starts and premature finishes, there's just no time to mess around. If the line is successful, secondary characters can then be offered, along with repaints / retools of the main characters as a refresh.
    ------------------

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  14. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Personally, I would love to see Super 7 release Thundercats done in a MUSCLE style. I think they would be a great company for that. I definitely hope they don't release Thundercats in the ReAction style of figures. That style of figure has never been my thing. I would be interested to see what they would do with a 7 inch figure release like thei MOTU line. After seeing their MOTU Snake Mountain play set, I would love to see what they could do with Thundercats play sets. Sign me up for any/all.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Could you imagine a Cat's Lair a similar size to Snake Mountain lol. It would be cool but it would be seriously expensive, probably even more than Snake Mountains asking price of $600. I wonder if they will get the minimum amount of buys for the piece to go into production.

It will be pretty exciting if Super 7 can soon show the prototypes for Thundercats and TMNT figures.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  16. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

It would be freaking awesome if the line was successful enough for a Cat's Lair to happen! Myself, I only buy figures, but I would be so happy for that to happen. Maybe even a Thunder Tank, too.

I am very excited too! At this point, I'll even settle for some concept art.
    ---------------
    :panthro

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If I had to pick I would prefer the Thundertank. Big enough for two figures in the front and able to hold at least four in the back.

A Lair would be a cool enough display piece. But I think it would be pretty boring. The original LJN Lair wasn't that spectacular. It had a laser firing gimmick and that's about it.
    As for the inside of the Lair there doesn't seem to be that much of interest they could make that was ever really featured that much on the show. Aside from the main command area with the viewing screen and sword chamber/weapons room.
    Considering the price of Snake Mountain I wouldn't have much interest in Cat's Lair.
    Maybe Super 7 could make some type of a build a diorama and include a piece with each figure a bit like the Diamond Select Ghostbusters and Gotham figures.

I was never that bothered about Play sets growing up. They looked cool but I always preferred having the action figures and vehicles. I liked the look of the bases on the product catalogues but when I seen some of them in person and got to play with them they were pretty disappointing. The vintage Castle Greyskull comes to mind.
    The only playset I ever had growing up was the Starcom Star Command. It was pretty cool as it transformed and worked well with the various vehicles and figures.
    Of all the 80's playsets some of the most impressive were Filmations Ghostbusters Ghost Command, He-Man Starship Eternia and Nordor, Star Wars Ewok Village, Starcom Star Command, Dungeons & Dragons Fortress of Fangs, M.A.S.K. Boulder Hill, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Technodrome and from G.I. Joe U.S.S. Flagg, Mobile Command Centre, Terrordrome.

18. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Vortex Explorer

Thundertank is a must! The only thing I want to see more than a Thundertank is a good Cheetara. Cat's Lair would be amazing, but to be honest if we get a playset I would love the Black Pyramid or Castle Plundarr more. They have never really been done.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

As long as the core Thundercats are made and a few Mutants along with Mumm-Ra I would be more than happy. Anything after them is just a bonus.
    :liono:tygra:cheetara:panthro:wilykit:wilykat:snarf:mummra:slithe:jackalman:monkian:vultureman:rataro:mamutt

Sebastiaan likes this.
  20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

As long as Super 7 can release the core line up, especially Cheetara and Tygra first to complete what Mattel started I would be more than happy then anything after that would just be a bonus. But I would really love a Lion-O and Pumyra with the needed alterations.
    It would be cool if Super 7's first wave consisted of Tygra, Cheetara (with Snarf), Slithe and Monkian.
    As cool as Grune and Jaga are they could keep them for the second wave.

Sebastiaan likes this.