#tellmattel what you want for ThunderCats Classics

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Active Member

Very well said!! I could not possibly agree more.
    -----------------
    :liono

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It will be interesting to see how Super 7's TMNT figures compare to NECA's cartoon inspired figures.
    I know we have mentioned Super 7's QC control problems but NECA also have their fair share of QC problems.
    Before I buy either I will wait until I see the comparisons between them and which is better scaled, articulated, sculpted and with the best accessories.
    I do like the look of NECA's TMNT figures but I am hesitant about buying NECA figures as I owned their comic TMNT and Street Fighter figurers and out of 8 figures I had QC issues with 4 of them so 50%. Leonardo's sheath broke off his back and his sword blade snapped at the hilt, Raphael's sai guard broke, Ken's foot joint was stuck and would not move and Ryu's shoulder broke taking him out of the package.
    If I could get the NECA TMNT figures on Amazon I would risk them to see what they are like, but I am not paying the ridiculous prices from importers and eBay sellers.
    Hopefully NECA make them more widely available in UK then I will probably collect the NECA and Super 7 figures. :D

3. Sword Breaker

Just out of curiosity, would anybody be interested in seeing T-Cats show up in Mega Construx Heroes?
    ----------------
    :panthro

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I would be okay with it but I can't say I would bother collecting them as I don't collect Mega Construx Heroes. Some of the TMNT and He-Man figures look cool.

5. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Personally no, it’s cute but like the Funko Pops its not for me. Now if they were Lego then yes. Love that brand and all the customs out there are pretty cool.

6. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Moleman

I just want regular figures at this point. Not interested in any other crap.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  7. Sword Breaker

I guess I'm an oddball....I don't care for LEGO figures at all, but I know they are insanely popular. I don't like the square, blocky look of them, but I do like MCX Heroes, and have started collecting the MOTU characters.

To each his own. ;)
    -----------------

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Sebastiaan likes this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I only got Lego when I was younger, which I still have them. I really like some of the Lego video games.
    All I am really interested in is good Classics style figures.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  9. Sword Breaker

Obviously, the 6" scale is the priority for all of us. :cool

I just asked about MCX because it seems like we got thrown every conceivable version of the Cats that can be made! Pez, expensive statues, Dorbs, Mini-Mates, etc...so why not another style?
    -----------------

Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 12:04 AM
    Mark M likes this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

At this point some MCX figures would be cool to keep some interest in the brand...but like everything else (aside from the Minimates) I think most fans wouldn't care as it would probably end up being just a few figures but another incomplete team.

11. Sword Breaker

It would absolutely suck if that happened. :mad

From what I understand, MCX Heroes has huge plans for MOTU. I wish the same could be said for the T-Cats. Hopefully, S7 will be allowed to run wild with the 6"ers.

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

As far as I know MOTU are just niche within the MCX line. I know they are supposed to be doing a Greyskull but I dont think doing the full line is their priority. Just some main characters and a couple vehicles.
    I hope Super 7 do a great job with Thundercats and release at least 12-20 figures in the first year. Same withe TMNT. Main concern though is that they can improve their quality control and customer service.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  13. Sword Breaker

Well, it sure sounds like S7 is going to have plenty of openings to fill. We've got T-Cats ( hopefully ), Ninja Turtles, and even more Conan on the way, so it should be interesting.
    -----------------
    :panthro

Sebastiaan likes this.
  14. Sebastiaan

Two months to go till SDCC. What are your thoughts: will S7 announce they have the license there (if or rather when they get it) or will they announce an exclusive and the deal now to give further hype? Will they take the route of TMNT’s hint like at Toy Fair with a place card at SDCC or maybe another avenue?

Mark M likes this.
  15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I would be quite disappointed with a place card like TMNT. It would be okay but it wouldn't have the same excitement factor as seeing some prototypes on display.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  16. Sword Breaker

My guess is that S7 will announce that they have the license, and they will show 'polished concept art' for maybe....3 to 6 figures. They may also have a place card listing the first 2 waves of figures.

I could be wrong, but I doubt if S7 has prototypes ready to show because it didn't look like they were going to get the license. But then again, I am wrong quite often about this kind of stuff, so....
    -----------------

Last edited: May 19, 2019 at 10:14 PM
    Sebastiaan and Mark M like this.
  17. Sebastiaan

In that interview on RGD he did mention way back that they were working on things already as they were sure they’d get the license; now that may mean figures or not, so whatever work they had done back them will in all likelyhood just be continued. So there are things that have been done but what we don’t know. At least Jaga and Grune are done already.

Sword Breaker and Mark M like this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Even just some digital renderings would be very cool.

Speaking of Jaga and Grune I wonder if those are Mattel's prototypes or if the 4 Horsemen own them and would they be able to get them from Mattel or would 4H have to make new ones for Super 7 to release.
    Perhaps Mattel only showed them as that is all they owned from when 4H were working on the licence for them.
    Maybe 4 Horsemen have more prototypes they have already been working on for Super 7.

Sword Breaker and Sebastiaan like this.
  19. Sebastiaan

Been wondering about that too. Since Mattel paid 4HM for this they technically own those prototypes so who knows. Perhaps S7 would have to pay Mattel’s fee for those. I think that they actually have been molded already so there’s also that fee.

Sword Breaker likes this.
  20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Grune and Jaga looked pretty much perfect, it would be such a shame for them to not get released.
    Mattel seem to be pretty cool with Super 7 using the MOTUC buck body design, so I can't imagine there being any hassle with them releasing the prototype Grune and Jaga 4H already worked on. :D

Sebastiaan and Sword Breaker like this.