#tellmattel what you want for ThunderCats Classics

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

My mistake. I got confused with Hasbro making Bucky O'Hare. They were also quite similar to the design of TMNT, Toxic Crusaders etc.
    I wasn't to fond of the designs of the original toys. They were oddly proportioned and the faces on the humans were very characature looking. Especially the Playmates Dick Tracey toyline.
    They didn't look very good next to other more normal proportioned figures.

2. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

In case you dont follow the #wewantmorethundercats IG here is a mock that was posted.....a vintage style like this would be a dream come true....either that or a MOTU filmation style window box with this vintage TC motif ...https://www.instagram.com/p/BydRFkHAYy_/

Sebastiaan and shortfuse like this.
  3. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

Yeah that's hot. Vintage packaging is always a no-brainer, but it's even more en vogue now than it has been for awhile.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  4. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

Well, I'm the only one excited about it, but it sounds like T-Cats will definitely be showing up in MCX Heroes. One of the designers over on the MCX board has been hinting around about it.
    -----------------
    :liono

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    jabus likes this.
  5. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

They will be cool, and fairly cheap.

Sword Breaker likes this.
  6. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

Yep. I like the sculpts and the articulation on those cute little things, but that price is a fantastic bonus!
    ---------------
    :panthro

jabus likes this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

SDCC will be very interesting. I hear Hasbro have now got the Ghostbusters licence. It would be pretty awesome if Hasbro got Thundercats. :D

8. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

That would be amazing and surprising, because most of us are expecting S7 to get it. But if it ends up at Hasbro, I'm still happy. I just want good, solid T-Cats figures. I hate to say it, but maybe Hasbro would have less QC issues.
    :cautious :unsure
    ---------------

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  9. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Hasbro getting the ThunderCats license would be a dream come true for the fandom. Since IDW Publishing owns the Hasbro license and slightly the WarnerMedia license, perhaps they'd be willing to do a comic-book series set in the 1985 universe of Lion-O and friends. ☺️

10. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

OMG! Can you imagine a new toy line and a new comic!?? My head would explode!! :biggrin :geek
    -----------------

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I am fairly certain Super 7 will get the Thundercats licence. Who knows though maybe Mattel will step in again now that they have lost DC and are kind of doing MOTUC again. The SDCC and Powercon 2019 figures are made and released by Mattel not Super 7.
    Then again maybe McFarlane could step in and take the licence along eith DC etc.

Hasbro getting the licence would be awesome for numerous reasons. Mostly unique sculpts, scale and super aticulation. But one major advantage over Super 7 is the price. Hasbro's Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black series and Power Rangers all sell here in the UK for around 20 and cheaper on sale etc.
    Yet the price importers charge for Super 7's Classics figures is 45-65. I guess ordering direct would be cheaper.

I really want Thundercats figures and I am interested in TMNT, Conan and Toxie but if I collect them Super 7 will really need to improve the quality control and make the figures worth the price they are charging.
    It will be interesting to see how NECA or Super 7's TMNT figures compare to each other.

12. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Only 3 more weeks and 3 days until we know...

13. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

Or we don't hear anything yet again because remember, we've been through this all before. Hate to be a buzzkill but I'm not sure what takes so long at this point unless things aren't progressing.

14. Sebastiaan

It will be worth the wait I’m sure. Don’t give up!

thezaxfactor likes this.
  15. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

I haven't given up, but it gets very old being led along forever only to be let down in the end. That's quite frankly disrespectful to the fans. Time for Super 7 to deliver or permanently shut up about the brand.

16. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

I have zero doubt that we will hear and see something at SDCC or POWER-CON.
    ---------------

Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. Sebastiaan

I hear you. Fans of this line have been let down con after con since 2016. I know for a fact S7 really wants to continue the line. I doubt they mean it to be disrespectful by giving slivers of hope when they announce that they are trying again to get the license. Have they succeeded? Time will tell.

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I don't find Super 7 at all disrespectful. In fact I think it was very cool of Brian to be honest and say they were pursuing the licence again and they were closer to securing it than ever before.
    I find the lack of communication with the fans from Mattel and WB a lot more disrespectful.

19. Sebastiaan

Hey guys I shared a podcast speculating on SDCC and the rumours going round! Take a listen - https://bit.ly/2KJFDal

Mark M and Daremonger like this.
  20. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

I cannot even imagine the disappointment if S7 or some other company does NOT announce the T-Cats license.

That said, it is heavily rumored that they will show up in MCX. ( But obviously, the 6/7" scale is the big deal )
    -----------------