#tellmattel what you want for ThunderCats Classics

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

There is some new statues also being made. :rolleyes::roflmao How many more statue lines do these companies think Thundercats fans want LOL.

2. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

UGH!! I saw that!! What marketing genius is saying "Hmmm....I don't think any collectors will buy T-Cats action figures, but I do think they will buy another line of hundred dollar statues!"
    -----------------
    :panthro

Mark M likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Then when they don't sell they will be saying ''Oh the statues didn't sell, I guess they wont want action figures''.
    There has been multiple failed statue lines already that never finished releasing more than a couple characters.
    Mezco made the main Thundercats and Mumm-Ra but I also class them more as statues than action figures.

4. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

Yep. Twisted toy company logic.

I know! Why do they keep starting new statue lines!!??

Yes....extremely high end figurines. They looked pretty cool, but I prefer toys.
    ------------------
    :liono

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It has to be the price WB want for the licence to make toys.
    WB obviously want more for toys than they do for states.
    How could small companies get the licence to make statues yet huge million dollar toy companies can't get the licence to make toys.

One of the reasons Super 7's MOTUC figures cost so much is due to the licencing agreement they have with Mattel.
    In fact it's why all their products like Conan and Toxie cost so much.
    I know I have said this before but from the reviewers I have watched and read of Super 7's figures the quality, accessories and value really can't compete with Hasbro, NECA, Mezco, Bandai etc.

6. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

I don't mind statues. I have the Sideshow Mumm-Ra and Lion-O and pre-ordered Cheetara. The only issue I have is that they don't complete the lines. I really hope that Sideshow do complete it. I have seen Iron Studios mini co statues. I think they look cute. They aren't that expensive. If you look at the other mini co's on their site and I am sure TC will also be in that price range.

However I do get your points of too many statues and less figures. I am hoping that we will see a continuation of the classics line. At this point I don't care who makes it. Just give it to us already.

I liked the Mezco line. Unfortunately I missed out on Panthro and he is expensive on the secondary market and with our currency in South Africa it is way too expensive. I also have the Funko Pops, Vinyls and Dorbs with a few of TLS. It just amazes me that not one of those lines are completed. It is going to be hard to get a TC line that have all main cats and villains. I do hope we will see it in our life time.

7. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

Statues are awesome, but they are usually very high end. You need money and space, so I am more of a toy guy. No question, though....I have seen statues that really tempted me!

In my perfect world, there's something for everybody. There should be small figurines, regular action figures, high end action figures / figurines, and statues! I personally don't care for 'cutesy' things like Legos, Mini Mates, and Dorbs, but I'm not against them being made. As I said, there should be something for all of us. Everybody doesn't have to like the same thing.
    ------------------

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  8. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

It is definitely very stupid to see more statues than figures. Very, very stupid. Someone can't see the forest for the trees.

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Statues are what they are. Just statues. You just admire the artistry and sculpting but aside from that there really isn't much else to do with statues except dust them.
    Statue collectors are a niche market compared to action figure/toy collectors.
    WB have really made bad decisions when it comes to which company they allow the Thundercats toy licence.

10. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

I'm a DC Comics fan, and over the years, I have found MANY of the decisions WB has made to be highly questionable. Do not get me started!!
    ------------------

Mark M likes this.
  11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The DC animated shows have always been pretty great. Live action shows and movies...that's a different story lol. ;):laugh

12. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

Great point. WB animated DC movies are fantastic.
    ------------------
    :panthro

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I wish Marvel would make more animated movies. Some of them have been pretty good but overall not on the same level as DC as WB has pretty much been able to keep the same casts and animation designs etc for most of their movies.

Not long now until SDCC. With any luck Super 7 should have something to announce next week at the show. :D

14. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Berbill

Take this with a grain of salt. But Pixel Dan just not so subtly hinted to me that there are Cats at Super7. I specifically asked him to "find me ThunderCats" at SDCC and we just had this exchange.

[​IMG]

jabus likes this.
  15. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

Sure hope so!!!....I just gonna die if they announce they have the TC license!!....and have prototypes!!....

16. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Berbill

His interview.

Brian Flynn basically says they have Cats but can't 100% just outright confirm or show anything yet.

17. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

Woohooo! Hopefully we'll get to actually see them at Powercon! Ugh they are right there in a box at SDCC, but Brian can't show them!

18. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

Thanks so much for the post...OMG...why cant they just say it!!...yes or no...was it just me or did it seem like they werent even allowed to say the name "Thundercats"....thats kinda odd...i didnt understand if they were joking about them being in a box or it was literal

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's so frustrating, WB should just let them show the figurers. The deal is obviously going quite well and close enough when whey already have a box full of prototypes to display.

20. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

guess we wait for Power-Con. but this is good news.

jabus likes this.