#tellmattel what you want for ThunderCats Classics

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

Never underestimate the silliness of red tape. I'll bet that Brian cannot legally say "Thundercats" in the interview. It's ridiculous to us, but not to the pencil pushers and bean counters. That said, I'm looking forward to Power Con. It sounds like they are just making sure they cross all the T's and dot the I's.
    ------------------
    :liono

2. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

The dragging out of this process is beyond pathetic and ridiculous. It gains them nothing. Here we are again, and we don't really know for sure what to expect. Another con come and gone. Thanks again, WB.

3. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

Looks like super 7 might be showing Thundercats sooner than expected check out this interview

Daremonger likes this.
  4. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

Thank you for posting that. So maybe the T-Cats will debut on the SUPER 7 site??
    -----------------
    :panthro

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I would say Power-Con will be the big reveal. :D Ironically it was last year Mattel showed off the Grune and Jaga prototypes.
    Hopefully the WB deal will all be finalised by Power-Con.
    I know it's annoying but I think it's maybe best they didn't show the prototypes yet when the deal isn't 100%. Imagine if the had showed them and they looked amazing and we all liked them...then the deal fell through again.

6. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

Sounded like as soon as they had the green light they would show them somewhere either one of the YouTube videos they do the website pre-order Twitter Instagram I didn't get the vibe that they were specifically waiting for a con but just for the green light

Sebastiaan likes this.
  7. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

I'm thrilled to see what a done deal it seems like it is (pretty much). I need me some cats!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  8. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

That's the impression I got, too.
    ----------------
    :tygra

Sebastiaan likes this.
  9. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

Heres yet another video that seems to confirm TCATS and super 7...the two people that interviewed super 7 talking to each other lol....super cool when ricardo asks pixel dan about the biggest reveal this year for comicon and pixel dan kinda says that super 7 cats might be the biggest one....thats def good news...its nice that finally thundercats is getting the recognition that they deserve....they really are a fan fav cartoon above many others that have been getting all the love these years.....i kinda got the impression that Bryan might have shown pixel dan pics of whats coming....judging by the way Dan immediately jumped to say that TC might be the highlight "reveal" of this year i think he saw what they got....

Sebastiaan and Daremonger like this.
  10. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

I think I'm the only one who cares, but Kevin over on the Mega Construx board just let everybody know that no T-Cats are planned for their MCX Heroes line.

Crap. :(
    -----------------
    :liono

jabus likes this.
  11. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Sorry to hear that! Maybe one day it can be a reality?

Sword Breaker likes this.
  12. Sebastiaan

With less than two weeks to go till PowerCon will we have an even better ThunderCats experience than last year? We gotta admit, those that love the Classics line by Mattel were blown away with the possibility that they’d continue it. But that is clearly not going to happen. Super7 has been trying to get it since 2016. They’ve failed a few times but what gets me is that they kept on trying. Hats off to Brian and the team who are so passionate and kept on fighting to get it. Have they succeeded? All things point that way. I’m very optimistic that soon we’ll hear that which Brian couldn’t say out loud to Pixel Dan at SDCC. Will it be PowerCon or before? I don’t care personally. As long as it happens!
    I would LOVE to see them go very deep with this line. There are so many great characters. I guess we’ll say with wave 1 if it comprises of mostly hard hitters or one and two lesser known characters. I would like the latter with a line up of: Cheetara, Mumm-Ra, Alluro and Bengali. That way we’re sure of getting season 2 TC, the Lunataks and two big names. Wave 2 could be Jaga, Grune, Monkian and Chilla. I’d expect more obscure folk like Safari Joe, Captain Cracker etc to arrive with wave 3. I would love a selection of 6 figures at a time but that may just be overkill. Especially if we are going to see Ultimates!

13. Wes2882

Wes2882 Berbill

I would be SO happy to see something at PowerCon (or before!). They really need to release Cheetara, Tygra and Mumm-ra in the first wave though. I know that companies like to space out the heavy hitters, but as Tcats fans, we’ve been burned so many times and have some many incomplete teams. I just really want to finish the main Cats and their big villain. Of course after that, I’d want the other mutants and cats, etc. but Tygra, Cheetara and Mumm-ra are integral! It would also be awesome to see Thundercats MUSCLE figures. They could release the whole team and some obscure characters all on the first wave since they are tiny and numerous! Fingers crossed we see something very soon!

Sword Breaker and Sebastiaan like this.
  14. Sebastiaan

I totally get that you’d want Tygra released in wave 1 but if they don’t I’m confident we’ll be lucky and get a comprehensive line up with some big hitters in every wave. Fingers crossed!

15. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

You're absolutely right....there's no reason to think it can't happen down the road.

You guys make some interesting points about the characters that were released earlier by Mattel. Should S7 'start over' with new versions of characters that were already released so that 'new' buyers feel safe starting out? Or do they go with a sort of 'wave 2' to draw in previous buyers, with the promise of re-releases of the Mattel Wave 1 figures later?
    ------------------
    :panthro

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    Sebastiaan likes this.
  16. Sebastiaan

That’s exactly what I think will happen - perhaps even with some big hitters with wave 2 in the form of Ultimates.

17. Wes2882

Wes2882 Berbill

Definitely! I think alongside their new wave coming (fingers crossed!) they should offer a single carded, ultimate Lion-O, just so people feel comfortable jumping on. It would be awesome for him to come with Snarf too!

Sebastiaan likes this.