#tellmattel what you want for ThunderCats Classics

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I don't like Snarfer or the Lunataks and I would still get figures of them.

2. 13977

13977 Active Member

Personally I'm not a fan of the Lunataks and wouldn't be interested in figures of them. If it came to it I'd rather have figures of the Berserkers.
    I honestly feel they should focus on getting the core characters out first then look at other characters. People are going to be more inclined to buy these if they know they're going to be able to complete the core line up. Realistically we're not going to be talking a 5-10 year line here like MOTUC so they cant afford to spread themselves thin IMO.

Mark M likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

They need to make the core cast.
    There is no point in trying to milk the line with obscure and pointless characters that only appeared in one or a couple episodes.
    People have to think realistically. Regardless of how much of a fan you are there really isnt going to be that much intrest for characters like the Wollos, unicorn keepers and Dr Dometone.
    And before anyone mentions the obscure MOTU Classics characters remember all those characters are warriors that fit with the rest of the line and were able to re-use a lot of parts and bucks.
    Even getting the Mutants will require a lotof unique sculpts.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  4. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Very true! If Mattel decided to only release the core lineup I will be more than satisfied. If more follows it will be the icing on the cake. As long as we can get the rest if the A-list (and that includes Bengali and Lynx-O in my mind) I will be very happy. I just want these guys:
    1. Cheetara
    2. Bengali
    3. Tygra
    4. Lynx-O
    5. Jaga
    6. Grune
    7. Mumm-Ra
    8. Slithe
    9. Monkian
    10. Vultureman
    Mamutt and Snarf can be a 2 pack or something. Add Snarfer and make it three! If they called it quits after this I will be ok with it. This lot can already be completed in just one year.

5. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

I will be quite happy with the main cast, plus Joe Amaro has said that Snarfer is his next project, so a custom is fine with me. I really do think that folks would gladly by the Lunataks though - they were the main villains for much of season 2, and had a ton more episodes that Mongor, Capt. Shiner, Safari Joe, or many others. I would love to see Berzerkers in this line too, they would just look so cool with updated sculpts.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  6. Sebastiaan

Yes people forget about season 2 and its characters - sure the new ThunderCats were already introduced in the TC-Ho! Movie - but for the rest of season 2 the Lunataks basically ruled the show as baddies. Yes they were not as impactful as the mutants, but they were cool nonetheless. BUT - and this is the problem - season 2 did not show around the world so they are not as well known as the mutants. And history tends to forget them.

Ianm1225 likes this.
  7. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned in this thread yet but we also need a corrected height version for Pumyra, original was way too tall.

8. Sebastiaan

Spread the word guys and gals on social media if you want ThunderCats Classics to return!
    #tellmattel #wewantmorethundercats
    [​IMG]

Ianm1225 likes this.
  9. Coptur

Coptur Berbill

I agree the core cast has to be done first.
    Then any character that was an original toy:
    Snowman (w/Snow Meow??)
    Ro-Bear Belle
    Ro-Bear Bill
    Ro-Bear Bert (the 1985 toy colours could be SDCC Exclusive)
    Hachiman
    Turmagar (originally released as a Tuska Warrior maybe pack in a generic head)
    Ratar-O
    Captain Cracker (w/Polly)
    Captain Shiner (could come with a generic Shiner crew head & different body armour/clothes etc)
    Driller
    Grune
    Mongor
    Safari Joe (w/Mule)
    The Stinger
    Hammerhand
    Cruncher
    Ram-Bam
    Top Spinner

Then popular must have characters.

Then maybe prototype only characters/toys.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Sebastiaan likes this.
  10. Sebastiaan

This is a great list and I would be so happy to see these get made. From the unproduced / prototype figures I would love to see them make:
    1. Robear Bob
    2. WizzRa
    3. TaShe
    4. Queen Tartara
    5. The Lunataks
    6. MummRana
    7. Claudus
    8. Jagara
    9. Mirror Wraith
    10. Amortus
    11. PummRa
    12. Spidera
    13. Wolos & Balkins
    14. Mad Bubbler
    15. Mandora
    16. Cpt Brag
    17. Snowmeow
    18. Willa
    19. Nayda
    20. Unicorn keepers
    21. Dr Dometone
    22. Red Lion-O
    23. Spirit Jaga
    24. Invisibly Tygra
    25. Ratilla
    26. Young Lion-O
    27. Thundercubs
    28. ThunderTank
    29. Cats Lair
    30. MummRa’s Tomb
    31. Castle Plundar
    32. And more!!!
    Yea I got a bit carried away towards the end and there are still loads more that can be made.

Ianm1225, Daremonger and Coptur like this.
  11. Coptur

Coptur Berbill

lol nothing wrong with being excited about something you love.
    Red Lion-O (SDCC / Powercon exclusive??...with the Sword of Demons:roflmao)
    Spirit Jaga (SDCC / Powercon exclusive??)
    Invisibility Tygra (SDCC / Powercon exclusive??)
    Ratilla (his head and tunic could be packed with RatarO)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Daremonger and Sebastiaan like this.
  12. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

I would gladly take everything from everyone's lists on here! I really feel that Snow Meow will happen - really he's just a Battle Cat/Panthor repaint with new armor. Hopefully if they do get to Snowman, they make him able to sit on a possible Snow Meow!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  13. Sebastiaan

You bet - I haven’t been this excited since Mattel announced TCC in 2015!
    Yes these can all be con exclusives. I would love any variant - as long as I can get hold of it. There are so many possibilities for 2 packs too! Combos like Snowmeow and Snowman, Claudus and young Lion-O, MummRana in both versions, Willy & Nayda, the Unicorn Keepers... it never ends.
    But sure I should be realistic - as long as they release the core 12 I will be very happy.
    Ps: sword of demons??!!!! Bwahahahaha!!!

14. Sebastiaan

The 4H published three photos of pre-painted Grune on Instagram!!!!!! Man he is going to be a beast of a figure! Which means MummRa will be too! Looks fantastic.

15. Joa-O

Joa-O Active Member

I want everything they make, but I too really want to finally see the Lunataks immortalized in plastic. Especially sculpted by the Four Horsemen!

Ianm1225 and Sebastiaan like this.
  16. Coptur

Coptur Berbill

I always liked idea of Red Lion-O being separate character akin to Bizarro, Faker etc...
    As a kid I had an idea of an evil group of Thundercats led by Grune I used generic market bought cat men toys as a kid lol.
    My modern take would be consisting of
    Red Lion-O - Onoi-L a creation of Mumm-Ra's, i'd originally have him wield a fake sword of omens but be granted a new sword which would basically be the black sword the old Mumm-Ra toy came with 'The Sword of Demons'
    Pumm-Ra - he could be an ancient Thundarian alchemist/magic user etc
    Baron Tass - with Mr Grubber maybe the money and smarts of the operation but can show his 'feral' side when cornered and attacked.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. Sebastiaan

I’ve always loved Pumm-Ra. Even if it is Mumm-Ra in disguise he always looked like an evil ThunderCat - like Grune. And Red Lion-O was also always his own person and I always thought he could be redeemed. Hope both see the light!

Coptur likes this.
  18. Coptur

Coptur Berbill

yeah it's not as if Mumm-Ra hasn't taken the form of existing people and creatures King Arthur, Lion-O etc..
    looks like i've derailed the thread maybe we should start a new thread about Red Lion-O and Pumm-ra potentially being separate characters in another future canon.

...back on topic again defo the core cats and baddies :)

Sebastiaan likes this.
  19. Sebastiaan

Saw a great custom of Snowman on Instagram today and that just gives me hope of what a more expansive line could look like. Here’s hoping Mattel sinks their teeth into ThunderCats Classics.

Daremonger likes this.
  20. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I saw it, too. Snowman looks pretty awesome.

Sebastiaan likes this.