#tellmattel what you want for ThunderCats Classics

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Could you post a pic?

2. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Am trying to post the instagram link but am struggling for it to show

3. Booshman

Perhaps save the image and upload it as an attachment?

4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

5. Booshman

ButterflyBoy and Daremonger like this.
  6. Sebastiaan

Hey guys I’ve created some images that you can use with the hashtags that Mattel said we should use. If you are on Instagram you can repost them from my account. I’ll be sharing a few a day and have shared most of the main core remaining. Let’s make some noise and #tellmattel #wewantmorethundercats
    www.instagram.com/egmondduplessis is where it’s at.

Daremonger likes this.
  7. Daremonger

Consider it done, bro. :)

Sebastiaan likes this.
  8. Sebastiaan

Awesome stuff! We may only be a small active group but I bet we have a wide reach.

ButterflyBoy and Daremonger like this.
  9. Daremonger

True. ;)

ButterflyBoy and Sebastiaan like this.
  10. Wakko

Wakko Junior Member

Obviously, Mattel needs to deliver, at minimum:
    • Tygra
    • Cheetara
    • Snarf
    • Mumm-Ra
    • Slithe
    • Vultureman
    • Monkian
    Because of the release of Pumyra, the next "must-haves" would be:
    • Bengali
    • Lynx-O
    • Snarfer (perhaps as a pack-in?)
    It's arguable who else is most deserving after the ones listed above. Some might say the characters covered in the LJN line should get priority first, with Rataro being at the top of the list as a somewhat defacto fifth Mutant.

And while I get why some people might not like the Lunataks, but I very, very badly want them. They would make such a striking set of action figures, especially in the hands of the Four Horsemen. I know they proved to be laughably ineffective as villains as season 2 wore on, but boy did they make a splash when they first arrived. As a kid, I was TOTALLY shocked when Tug Mug snapped the Sword of Omens with his bare hands. Jaw on the floor. And don't get me started on Alluro. I would die for a Four Horsemen-sculpted Alluro. So I know it's not necessarily realistic, but I hope Mattel can deliver the Lunataks. Amok and Luna would require a lot of new tooling, but the other four could definitely be built from a lot of existing parts already in the library.

ButterflyBoy, Ianm1225 and Sebastiaan like this.
  11. Sebastiaan

You’ve hit the nail on the head here Wakko. Of course Jaga and Grune is an obvious must too.
    I agree, to me the Lunataks should be made after these lot (or in between them). They were a-list for season 2. I do get that the likes like Tug Mug and Luna/Amok are oversized / weird shaped figures but so is Slithe. Don’t forget Mamutt either!
    I would kill for a young Lion-O and a red one too. They have the bucks for kit/kat so the prior could be easy, and a red Lion-O even more so (and probably the SDCC exclusive for next year...)
    Endless possibilities

Daremonger and Ianm1225 like this.
  12. Sebastiaan

Oh and yes Rataro is to me the fifth mutant. Ratilla maybe the sixth?

Daremonger likes this.
  13. Daremonger

I would most definitely want the Lunataks to be in the ThunderCats Classic line.

Sebastiaan and Ianm1225 like this.
  14. Serval

Serval Crabman

I don't think there is any point in releasing Berbils. Joe Amaro already released a bunch of them! Joe Amaro is as official is it gets guys.

Also, Snarfer is coming out next month!!

15. Sebastiaan

Hey guys, just a head’s up: I’ve opened an Instagram account specifically for the #tellmattel campaign. The handle is @wewantmorethundercats and I’ll be posting the images I’ve created over there instead. Please like it and share it as it seems people are confused with my private account and the actual campaign. www.instagram.com/wewantmorethundercats

Daremonger and Ianm1225 like this.
  16. Booshman

Joe Amaro is a great artist but his work is not official. I think telling anyone that they shouldn't expect a berbil release beacuase they didn't get his customs is a bit much. Same goes for the $75 Snarf. I wouldn't be opposed to the customs he has done bwing the offiial versions though, they are very good.

ButterflyBoy, Sebastiaan and Ianm1225 like this.
  17. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

I agree. I'm happy to fill in my collection with his customs for anything that Mattel doesn't put out, but I'm still hoping that they release official Berbils and such. That said, I will probably buy Joe's Snarfer as he seems like one that may very well not be made in an official line since he always seems to get the shaft!

18. Sebastiaan

Daremonger likes this.
  19. Serval

Serval Crabman

As far as I am aware, Joe Amaro has done work for 4H. He's not some amateur artist. Companies like Mattel have hired him before for projects. His work is as 'official' as it gets without the Mattel seal of approval.

Ianm1225, Sebastiaan and ButterflyBoy like this.
  20. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

Yes he even worked on the original Thundercats Classics figures that Mattel put out. I'd love to see him get the chance to do more for the line!

Sebastiaan likes this.