#tellmattel what you want for ThunderCats Classics

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Can you elaborate a bit more on that?
    Has he confirmed a "Thundercats line" is in good hands or did he say the projects he was in charge of are in good hands?

Sebastiaan and Ianm1225 like this.
  2. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Junior Member

I find it very frustrating that there is all kinds of T-Cats merchandise out there, except for a NORMAL 6/7" action figure line!! The demand is there, there's no question about it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Mark M and Sebastiaan like this.
  3. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Plun-Darr Legend

No sorry can’t comment anything beyond this. I guess we’ll have to wait and see if Toy Fair delivers anything. If we don’t see something I’m hopeful we’ll hear something solid at least.

Sword Breaker likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I hope WB let some other companies get the Thundercats licence like DST, Storm Collectibles and NECA etc.
    If Mattel continues the line thats cool, but it would be great having other companies producing figures in the same scale for a bit of variety.

5. Sword Breaker

I can't lie....SUPER7 isn't at the top of my list of companies I would want to do T-Cats, but if they do them decently, I would buy them. I think that Jakks Pacific or Neca would be much better choices.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yeah as much as I love Thundercats I really couldn't support a line being made by Super 7. Their quality control and customer service is terrible.

7. Sword Breaker

It's a crazy thing with SUPER 7. The drive and determination is there. The love for the properties is absolutely there! But the truth is, they are a small company, and they just don't have the resources to work all the bugs out. When people are paying around 30 bucks or more for a darned toy, they expect perfection, and you can't really blame them. But SUPER 7 has limits to what they can pull off.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The intentions are there but the quality is not.
    Their MOTUC figures have all had design and quality issues.
    Super 7 can't even produce lower grade retro toys like Reaction and vintage style MOTU without quality control problems.
    When a company can't even produce simple 5 points of articulation figures without issues why are they trying to make "high end" collectors figures...

Hopefully there will be some exciting news at Toy Fair this weekend concerning Thundercats...preferably with DST, NECA, Hasbro, Mezco, McFarlane or Storm Collectibles getting the licence.

9. jbrannock1

jbrannock1 New Member

Does the toy Fair start tomorrow or Saturday? Just curious when we might start getting info if this is going to happen...

10. Sword Breaker

I could not possibly agree more. I've said exactly as much on other threads. Retro style figures should come out rock solid and durable.

I don't mean to sound like I have a huge 'hate-on' for SUPER 7....just telling it like it is. Something is definitely wrong when a Modern Day company cannot make durable figures based on uber simple, 30+ year old designs.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019 at 9:58 PM
  11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The vintage Kenner and MOTU fures, even the various knock offs, were really solid. How can a modern company make them with so many issues.
    I have heard of some issues with Funko's vintage style toys but not as many problems as Super 7.
    Super 7 make some cool products but they really need to sort out their design and quality control issues.
    Hopefully they can get their issues sorted before taking on any more really cool toylines.

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

No mention of Thundercats at Toy Fair from Mattel, Super 7 or any other company.
    Super 7 had some pretty spectacular figures on show. Hopefully Super 7 can sort out their quality control as there are some figures I would definitely be interested in getting. :)
    MOTU movie figures look great. Conan and Toxic Crusader look cool and really excited to see what their TMNT figures look like compared to NECA's great cartoon TMNT figures. I might end up collecting both lines lol.
    Haven't owned any MOTUC figures in years but I may start dabbling on a few main characters....but not interested in the Filmation figures.
    I'm starting to hope Super 7 do get the Thundercats licence. :D

Mattel should give up the Thundercats licence now to anyone. Surely WB would rather have some company actually doing something with the brand than Mattel doing nothing and preventing others.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  13. Sebastiaan

Today Mattel has their Collectors Event. Let’s see if they reveal anything today?

Mark M likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I didn't know it was still on today.
    Hopefully they have something good to show. :D

15. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Pixel Dan is reporting no ThunderCats on display at the event, which likely means no news.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  16. Sebastiaan

Yes nothing to see. Not sure if he will ask. This probably means its SDCC or nothing. Doubt NYCC will be any good as a platform.

17. Sebastiaan

From ToyHypeUSA: Also, no updates as of today on ThunderCats Classics. As the right people from Marketing aren’t here, it’s hard to get this information. We will of course keep trying while we’re here – so check back for updates to this article, if possible.

18. jbrannock1

jbrannock1 New Member

I’m beginning to think Warner Bros are making them hold off to tie into the new cartoon coming out

Sebastiaan likes this.
  19. Sebastiaan

You may have an extremely valid point here!!!!!

20. Sword Breaker

Some people are saying that there may be a true reveal at Power-Con.