#tellmattel what you want for ThunderCats Classics

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

There was a similar situation with Playmates and NECA back in 2008/2009 regarding NECA's Mirage comic TMNT figures. As far as I recall Playmates made a fuss about having the master licence and NECA having comic figures on the shelves as they were planning on releasing their own comic based figures which lead to NECA having to cancel the release of Shredder and the Foot ninjas.
    Those figures did eventually get released a couple years ago as a New York Comic Con exclusive...and the moulds would get re-used for other exclusives including the new Target releases.
    Ironically the Playmates comic prototypes never seen release...at least as far as I am aware. Playmates did release some comic based TMNT figures in the 2012 cartoon line but I am not sure if they were new figures or the same as the prototypes.

On some other forums a lot of people are xpressing the same thoughts as here, wanting another company to take over and bored of WB and Mattel's silence on Thundercats.

Sword Breaker likes this.
  2. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Plun-Darr Legend

ThunderCats fans head on over to the @WeWantMoreThunderCats FB or IG profiles tomorrow for a nice little surprise that will last all week long!!!

shortfuse and thezaxfactor like this.
  3. Sebastiaan

The post is up for those who want to see.

4. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Moleman

Neat but what does this have to do with Mattel?

5. Sebastiaan

You’ll see in some of the upcoming posts.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Hopefully ithe posts are relevant and not just someone asking his thoughts on the classics figures or if he would like the line to continue.

7. Sebastiaan

I guess you’ll be disappointed then as the interview is all about what he thinks.

8. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

I think this is great content! There's definitely value in keeping the conversation going absent news, and hearing Larry's thoughts is always a pleasure.

shortfuse and Sebastiaan like this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The interview is really cool and a very nice idea. :)
    It's just disappointing Mattel and WB have still not commented on Thundercats.
    As critical as I was of how Mattel handled Thundercats, with Super 7 now doing movie MOTU and TMNT, it would be nice if Mattel could continue Thundercats. Since Thundercats, TMNT and MOTU are some of my favourite characters it is cool they would all be in the same scale and design.
    It would be nice to know if more Thundercats are coming and if the previous figures will be re-released with upgrades/ improvements.
    There is no point in buying the Thundercats Classics on the secondary market if they are not being continued or re-released.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  10. Sebastiaan

I hear you. Getting Larry involved is to show the forces behind the show... oh wait I’ve said too much. Check out Thurday’s post....
    (Personally I too am thrilled S7 is bringing TMNT to life!!!! It belongs up there with MOTU and TC!)

Mark M likes this.
  11. Sebastiaan

Thanks! You will like what he has to say. I was elated.

Mark M likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Its going to be awesome. I just hope they can get a good few of the other characters done aside from the 4 Turtles. Even though TMNT has been a lot more successful than MOTU and Thundercats the Classics figures haven't really ever gone beyond the turtles and a couple villains.
    Now if only Super 7 could do Bravestarr, Galaxy Rangers, Dungeons & Dragons, Thundarr and Defendaers of the Earth LOL. :rolleyes:
    Their Marvel comics Conan and Toxic Avenger look pretty cool. It will be interesting to see if Hasbro do a modern comic Conan in their Marvel Legends line.

shortfuse and Sebastiaan like this.
  13. Marcos Jose Viana

Marcos Jose Viana New Member

I have observed in recent months that posts made by wewantmorethundercats are usually tanned by four_horsemen-studios as if some information about the continuation of the line was very close to leaving. Have you noticed that too?

Sebastiaan likes this.
  14. Sebastiaan

I’m glad you’ve picked that up....

15. jbrannock1

jbrannock1 New Member

Tanned???

Sebastiaan likes this.
  16. Sebastiaan

I assume he meant “liked” since it is true, they are indeed liking the posts. They’re also “tagged” in them along with Mattel so they are also made aware of the posts. No harm in letting them know fans love their work and desire more right?