The Better Star Wars Sequel: The EU or the Sequel Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by srebak, Feb 27, 2018.

?

Which is the better sequel?

1. The Expanded Universe

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. The Movie Sequel Trilogy

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

Just because I feel that it’s worth discussing this topic, which sequel to the Star Wars original trilogy was more preferable to you, personally, and why?

I mean I’ve enjoyed certain aspects of both:

Mara Jade

The New Jedi Order

The New Republic lasting for as long as it did

The Leia/Han Family

As well as:

The introductions of Rey, Finn & BB-8

And

The First Order

But I’ve also acquired a few gripes and grievances with both:

The loss of Chewbacca

The damage caused by one of the Solo kids

As well as;

The deaths of both Luke and Han

The short-lived times of both the new Jedi Order and the New Republic

and the overall nearly immediate string of tragedies

What about you?

Daremonger likes this.
  2. Cheetara76

Cheetara76 New Member

I miss the old EU. I spent countless hours reading about Mara Jade, Jaina Solo, Ben Skywalker, and Jacen Solo. The new movies are fun, but most of the new characters aren’t as interesting. I also thought Han solo’s Death was weak and meaningless compared to Chewie’s in the old EU.

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The EU novels and comics were great.

The Disney sequel movies are an abomination.
    the Last Jedi is the worst Star Wars movie ever made. Although I haven't seen Solo...
    Terrible characters and writing.

I will always love the original three Star Wars movies. Not a big fan of the sequels but at least they had some merit...unlike the Disney movies. Disney and Lucasfilm have destroyed Star Wars.

4. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I never bothered with the novels. My favourite medium is the movies so I love seeing the actual cast continue the story.

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Sadly the original creator George Lucas is no longer involved and that is the biggest problem. The people at Lucasfilm and Disney are more concerned with making money than expanding the story and George created.
    Mark Hamill only signed on to the movies as George was originally going to be involved then after the contracts were signed Lucas sold to Disney....and we all seen how that has turned out.
    A basic point for point remake of A New Hope, a badly written point for point remake of The Empire Strikes Back and two pointless spin offs no one really wanted or cared about.

@Sebastiaan I would highly recommend you read some of the various EU novels as you are truly missing out the real continuation of the characters.
    Shadows of the Empire, The Courtship of Princess Leia, Splinters of the Mind, Heir to the Empire, Dark Forces Rising, The Last Command and the various Rogue Squadron novels are all really worth reading.