The Chronicles of Narnia?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Tygra, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

Can someone that has seen this movie tell me if it is worth buying? It is coming out on DVD this week and I was considering picking it up. I read the books back in the fifth grade for some reading lab thing and I remember liking them, but you never know with Hollywood.

2. OverlordMummra

OverlordMummra New Member

If you enjoyed the Lord Of The Rings movie series you shouold enjoy Narnia.

3. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

Thanks for the good news. If it is anywhere near the quality of the LotR trilogy I will be most pleased. :)

4. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Yeah I didn't get excited about Narnia as I did with Rings. I'll give it a rent when it comes out.

5. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

I got it today and it was much better than I expected. It isn't quite as good as Lord of the Rings, but it is a great movie. Tilda Swinton and Liam Neeson were brilliant as always. I was quite surprised with how good the children were though. I usually find that child actors are hired based on how cute they are instead of how well they can act (I'm looking at you, Jake Lloyd). The special effects were very nice all around. I'd recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it.

6. BigDaddy Thunder

BigDaddy Thunder Junior Member

i loved it when it came out in theaters. i actually saw the thing 5 times! lol the most id ever see a mvie was 3 but like many others alot of the ppl i saw it with didnt want to see it at first cuz they were unsure about it. so i ended up seeing it myself the very first time and would just not shut up about it to anyone i spoke to since then so i convinced 4 other to go with me lol. needless to say each of them loved it as well. i liked it so much that i went and got the book ( isay book and not books, cuz i got the onevolume edition that incudes all 7 of the books in the series) and am still enjoying it as i go from book to book. i definitely recommend it for anyone who hasnt seen it, and now that the dvd is out i went and got the special edition dvd as well.

lol im in the minority i know, but i actually liked it better than lord of the rings, yeah you heard me right! :)
    -bdt

7. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

Wow. That's all I can say.

8. BigDaddy Thunder

BigDaddy Thunder Junior Member

lol hey i did say i was in the minority, so that was fair game. im not at all taking anything away from lotr. i loved the entire trilogy, i just liked this even better. think of it this way, lotr was a 10 for me, while narnia is simply a 10.001 for me :D
    ah what can i tell ya, to each their own.
    -bdt8)

9. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Bit late to be adding to this thread, I know, but I just wanted to add that I also loved the Narnia movie when I saw it in cinemas - not being intimately familiar with the book I sat rooted to my seat the whole time! I loved it, it just completely blew me away! :)

I haven't ordered the DVD yet simply because the movie is reasonably fresh in my mind and so I figure I might as well wait until the price drops a little (ditto Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) - but, I shall definitely be getting it eventually! :)

Take care... :)

10. shigsy2003

shigsy2003 Crabman

Howdy

Sorry but I have to say I hated the Lord of the Rings wannabe. The children were terrible actors, the CG sucked and it was no where near as good as the cartoon.

Yeah, I didn't like it.

Tygra, I think you mean Lenord Nimoy right? The voice of Aslan. Yeah he was the only good thing about the film.

Chris M

11. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

Really? I actually thought the children did a good job.

No, I meant Liam Neeson. Leonard Nimoy wasn't the voice of Aslan.

12. shigsy2003

shigsy2003 Crabman

Howdy

No your right sorry, wow weird, oh well at least the initials are the same ;)

Chris M

13. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Okay, I finally watched Chronicles of Narnia...AND I LOVED IT!!!

Wow, it was amazing! I was actually finding myself getting angry at Edmund, annoyed by Susan, and saddened, then cheering for Aslan. I rented the DVD and now, I must own it!

It was awesome!

Thanks for recommending this movie Tygra!

14. shigsy2003

shigsy2003 Crabman

Howdy

I felt your same emotions....although mine was probably due to the bad acting of stiff upper lip British accented children ;)

Chris M