The Dark Knight Rises

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Movie-Brat, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

2. Ideal

Ideal Glass Walker

pretty much the only thing i can think about when this movie comes up is how much that is NOT Bane in the movie.

so far they have kept a realistic, yet faithful, adaptation of each of the characters. everything i've seen and heard so far about this version of Bane is 100% new, with the exception of him needing a stimulant to keep going (although it is an inhaled painkiller instead of injected super serum)

im sure the movie will be great, but i will have to completely pretend that the little guy Batman is fighting is someone other than Bane

3. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

I'm not a fan of the new Batman series. Batman Begins was ok, but overall, I don't like Christian Bale as Batman - a little too dark and serious for my tastes. Give me Michael Keaton as Batman any day. I absolutely hated the last one that had the joker in it. Wish I hadn't of wasted my money to see it. So not sure if I'll see this new one or not.

4. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

Word is that Bane is pretty much a monster in the new film according to the opening prologue.

5. KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas Glass Walker

Come on Code, at least Nolan's movies improved over Schumacher's crap.

I'm looking forward to this one since it has Bane and Catwoman, i'm enjoying Nolan's take on Batman. I've been a Batman fan since 89 when i was 7 seeing Burton's movie 5 times in theaters, having merchandise, eating the cereal, having the VHS and NES game for christmas, reading the comics and watching the 60's show. I even saw the sequel 4 times in theaters, had merchandise including SNES game and VHS for christmas, ate the cereal and watched TAS religiously ever afternoon when i was 10.

I still think Kevin Conroy is the best Batman.

6. thegoldenjet09

thegoldenjet09 New Member

Batman

Yeah, i'm not too happy with the way that Bane looks. Im even unhappier with catwoman.

7. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I am a huge Batman fan and i've always considered Allan Moore's, Frank miller's, Grant Morrison's and Loeb's stories one of the finest examples which elevate the comic book industry into great artistic achievements.

The Dark Knight was such a great movie and has rightfully earned the third place at the All-time USA BOX office. One of the best movies that i've ever seen.

TDKR will close Nolan's take in Batman and i expect to be a major hit in the summer. However, i am really turned down by Anne Hathaway cast in Catwoman/Selina Kyle. I trust Nolan's tremendous skills in transforming his actors and actresses but i keep my fingers crossed if she can deliver. Actually i can't see her playing anything else than the Prada movies. I hope her choice won't be detrimental to the new Batman movie.

I am also collecting the Hot toys Batman and i will be posting them sometime in the future

8. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

Did anyone see the prologue that was attached to Mission Impossible 4 in the IMAX screenings?

9. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

i saw the movie but i don't remember a DKR trailer or anything similar

10. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

Well, WB did say the prologue would come with the 70mm prints of MI-4.

11. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

talking about Bats,Well here's about Spiders, a new trailer of the AS has just been released:http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/02/07/amazing-spider-man-trailer

I think Marvel and Mark Webb are trying to do what Nolan did for Batman, give a dark as well as mature tone to the whole concept
    The trailer is very impressive and promising

12. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

I'll make a seperate thread for Spidey if anyone wants.

13. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Go on Movie-Brat!, No prob

14. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  15. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

*drools* That is so cool.

16. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

17. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

I saw it last night, it gets better and better with every trailer.

18. KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas Glass Walker

Looks cool and Anne Hathaway looks cute as Catwoman.

Will she live to other actresses who played the character like Michelle Pfefier, Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, Adrienne Barbeau and Gina Gershon and Elisha Dushku?

19. MoonKnight

MoonKnight Vortex Explorer

I can't wait for this movie :D I used to think the last one was overrated until I watched it and itgot me hooked

20. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I am watching TDK for the 10th time. What an epic movie, Nolan really hit the nail in the head with this one. It's so sophisticated and has taken the comic book movie adaptations to another level.For me it's not just a great movie but one of the best in the history of Cinema. I can't wait for the installment in less than 2 months.

Here is my Hot toys BATMAN Figure!!:cool::
    [​IMG]