The Eternian Phoenix's Collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by eternian phoeni, Feb 13, 2014.

1. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Hi! So a little over a year ago I sold most of my figure collection from various lines and even sold some thundercats. After doing so I regretted selling the tcats because they were my favorite figures by far so I decided to take most of the money and get some cool rarer pieces that I typically couldn't ever afford.
    When I was little I didn't have many tcats, I couldn't find a cheetara in a store to save my life! lol. I've been especially lucky to get some amazing preproduction pieces that are by far my favorite. I 100% feel that pieces like this should be shared with the collecting community and not kept hidden. If you want any close-ups or better pics let me know. Sorry my camera is surprisingly sucky for how much money I spent on these protos haha!
    I also am going to include some of my customs! While I don't compare to some of the amazing artists on here like Thunderianroyalguard I still enjoy it as a hobby. Enjoy!
    Let me know what you thinks guys! Love this forum!!!
    All the best E. Phoenix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ben Gali is my favorite! (Also I did the custom hammer from a repro, I'd never paint an original. The rest are original weapons)
    [​IMG]

I also really like Lynx-o lol. I think the Argentinian one is so cool Wish Jaga and A. Lynx-o didn't have those ridiculous nipples though!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, here's the good stuff. A really great display is in the works for all these pieces!!!

ENJOY!!!!

Heres the first concept design for ben gali with a peach colored facial detail instead of blue! Also, not the first weapon he had was this blue and white rope that is glued to his hand before a final weapon was decided on. This version with the rope weapon and alternate color face was published in the ljn catalog. The other version is the unpainted one which I LOVE because it shows off all the details of this fantastic sculpt. The LJN artists did a great job on this one! Also note all three version of the weapon are present, the rope version, the unproduced axe version, and the finalized version ;-).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next are the 2 big guns - Mumm-RA and Lion-O. I love that Mumm-RA was sculpted in a darker resin, just adds to the evil aura!
    [​IMG]
    While we're talking about Mumm-RA how about the ALTERNATE Sculpt Prototype? I must say this version is much cooler than the finalized version and it's a shame it didn't get released!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As weird as it sounds, the Safari Joe prototypes are some of my favorites! I love the painted version, the detail is incredible in person. Also, not that the unpainted version has a scarf protruding while the painted version does not. Also both version come with the unproduced weapon for Joe.
    [​IMG]

Next, the prototypes to two of my absolute favorite thundercats. Cheetara - every boy's crush and Lynx-o. I absolutely loved the way tcats highlighted Lynx-o's blindness and how it strengthened his other senses and made him a valuable member of the team. Both of these originally come from the vast collection of Wayne - a board administrator here.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next how about an unpainted Jaga and a painted unproduced Tuska with black gun? I love how the unpainted Jaga shows the full sculpt since it doesn't have the insignia glued into the chest.
    [​IMG]

Sadly, we're nearing the end of my collection here. Here's a painted Panthro which is beautiful in person and an unproduced berbil!
    [​IMG]
    Last but not least - here's the oversized bulky MONKIAN prototype! It would have been very cool if he, and his weapon, were this size in production!
    [​IMG]

Finally here are the 3 unproduced weapons that I own. The unproduced ben gali hammer, the unproduced Capt. Shiner gun, and the unproduced Pumyra weapon. I think all fans which Pumyra got this awesome weapon instead of that weird purse-sling-thing. Alas. ENJOY!

[​IMG]
    Please comment and let me know what you think!
    All the best,
    Eternian Phoenix.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  2. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

That's a very impressive collection of prototype hardcopies! Awesome stuff! :thumbsup:

3. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Love it! Great collection and I'm glad the protos made it to someone here on the board who can really appreciate them. You have some beautiful pieces and I'm requesting a group shot in all their glory! Thanks for the share and again, awesome collection!!

4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

An awesome collection! :D

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Wow, I am blown away (and very jealous :D ). Thank you so much for sharing I really enjoyed looking through them. I particularity enjoyed the painted Bengali prototype and the alternative sculpt of Mumm-ra (I agree that would have been a great design to have released).

eternian phoeni likes this.
  6. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

When I first saw the pics of your magnificent collection, I was shocked!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Then I settled down and truly enjoyed the marvelous pieces that you have, especially the hardcopies.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Now I have to congratulate you on acquiring such a great collection and sharing it with us.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

P.S: Would love to see a pic of the large Prototype Monkian with the actual LJN Monkian for size comparison. :)

7. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

That's so much for the compliments! Glad you all enjoyed them! I am definitely very happy with the hardcopies!

Wilycub - Thanks a bunch, I'll try to get a comparison shot of the monkian for ya soon! :D

8. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Can I request a group shot of your collection :)

9. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Sure thing my friend! I'll try to take a good pic or two this weekend!

10. Daremonger

Your collection grows vastly.

11. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Group Shots!

Hi everyone, I thought I'd share with ya my new aquisition: Young Tygra!

[​IMG]

And I wanted to give you guys some of the group shots requested by Lord Lion-o. Who am I to disobey the Lord of the Thundercats?! lol.
    Enjoy and let me know what you think!
    (I'll have some non-proto exciting pieces to share soon!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

You just made my dreary-gloomy-rainy Tuesday morning awesome! They are beautiful and thanks so much for the group shot! Can't wait to see the new acquisitions :)

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Beautiful pieces.

14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Awesome! I really like the Bengali too.

15. Daremonger

Fantabulous prototypes, especially the Bengali one.

16. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Thanks everyone! Here's a few new pick-ups!

Not protos but some super rare variants!

[​IMG]

This pic probably has more ben gali's than any other in existence lol.
    [​IMG]

And boom! Painted Lion-O hardcopy! It was more than I wanted to spend but I caved. Glad I got him, Love the red and black Sword of Omens! His eyes might not look very detailed but there is actually a very thin yellow cat "eyeliner?" around the eyes like the actual version has, this painted version was trying out how it would look with a much more subtle scheme. I'm glad they did it the production way.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, Lord Lion-o asked me for a comparison pic for the Monkian proto so here ya go! The prototype is HUUUGE in comparison. Even the weapon is considerably bigger. You can definitely see where they wanted to go with this guy. (Yes I painted my production monkian's fur white lol)
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking everyone! Any feedback/requests is appreciated. Can't believe this is only at two pages in length lol.

17. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That carded Playful Bengali is very nice. I have been trying to acquire them loose, but to have one like that would be a dream.

Having said that, the Lion-O is absolutely a treasure. Thank you so much for sharing! I have to agree with your opinion on the paint scheme vs the production.

18. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Very nice! Love the new acquisitions and thanks for the comparison shot of monkian. Now… Can you take another collection shot with all the new additions :) Thanks and superb collection!!!

19. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I believe it was I who requested that comparison pic! LOL! ;) But either way, I am really glad that you posted it. Thanks a bunch! I wonder if Monkian was the only "big-sized" prototype that was made?

Your TCats collection is the stuff dreams are made of! Absolutely love them! Keep it up and hope to see more. :thumbsup:

20. Daremonger

Those are pretty inteesting.