The Eternian Phoenix's Collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by eternian phoeni, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Very nice pieces, congrats. The protos are great, also i like the customization on some figs:thumbsup:

eternian phoeni likes this.
  2. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Thanks Daremonger, Lord Lion-o, and Lordore! Thanks for commenting on the customs Lordore, I enjoyed making them! Lord Lion-o - man, you really like those group pics! haha. I'll try to take another group pic soon. I really wish I had a room I could dedicate to displaying these amazing pieces. Maybe someday!

Ooops Wilycub! Ha, sorry about that. From what I've heard, the Ssslithe prototype was also huge in comparison to the production figure. Glad you like the pics, I'm really happy with the collection, can't believe I managed to get these protos.

I have a pretty epic deal in the works for some really rare pieces, I hope I'll be able to post them soon!

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Can't wait to see the new arrivals!

4. hdiddy8706

hdiddy8706 New Member

amazing collection

5. This is a fantastic collection! i recognize many of the figures! glad they ended up with another passionate collector. did you happen to end up with the driller hard-copy?

i sent you a message referencing your mumm-ra as a test shot, i am probably wrong, but in my experience the graders/ encasers would not touch hardcopies, only test shots.

here is my humble collection

[​IMG]

shortfuse and eternian phoeni like this.
  6. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

indiabluesplit, I would not consider that humble. That is a collection to be very proud of! I especially enjoy the Tygra (he looks good in pink :D)

7. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Cool collection, yo!

8. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Thanks for the compliment and for sharing IndianBlueSplit! I certainly have checked out your collect many times! I'm particularly jealous of your yellow dagger mumm-ra and obviously your quickjaws! Great collection and I like the way you display em!

I, SADLY, did not end up with the driller. I came really close but it didn't work out due to a miscommunication or something... I also bought a piece of concept art for the mad bubbler from the guy that was selling the driller stuff but he never sent it :-(.

As for the Mumm-ra, I do believe he is a Hardcopy not a Testshot. The COA says hardcopy, the UKG grading sticker says Hardcopy and he is made of resin. Testshots are made of plastic right?

9. eastlosfinest

eastlosfinest Junior Member

amazing collection!!!

10. eastlosfinest

eastlosfinest Junior Member

whats the story behind that yellow dagger?

11. catgurl

catgurl Moleman

Such amazing and impressive collections. Thank you for sharing the pics. :)
    Merged Post:
    The yellow dagger is a prototype that was used when the pictures for the catalogs were taken. You can see mumm-ra holding the yellow dagger on the backs of some LJN toy cards.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  12. Daremonger

I'm thinking of adapting Mumm-Ra's yellow dagger for a crossover story I'm currently writing that features the OS "ThunderCats" characters (season one only).

13. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

Did your deal end up going through for the prototypes you were looking at getting? Interested in seeing pictures if so! Thanks

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  14. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Hey Quickjaws, the deal did go through actually! Took awhile to pay off though, phew! It was a deal for some original WAX sculpts from the tcats line (or what's left of them). Here's the most complete one! This is the unproduced Ram-Bam sculpt! Let me know what you think! Also, if you have contacted me in the past and I didn't respond I apologize for that. Got swamped with e-mails and not sure I responded to all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Daremonger

A true rarity. :)

16. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Wow! don't see you around for a while, then you come back with a bang. What a great piece. Not having my figure available to look at, can you point out some of the differences in your version?

17. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

I want to take some better pics but here's another. Really love these wax sculpts. They're beautiful and have a great smell to them!
    Here's Ravage!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Haha, thanks Booshman! Yeah, I'd be happy to! The main differences that I can point out (without the fig in front of me) is that the legs here were never intended to move and the chest wasn't a wheel at this point.

19. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Wow, those wax sculpts are incredible! What pieces of history to own. The detail on them are amazing, congrats!

20. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

To quote Sylvester the cat, "SUFFERIN' SUCCOTASH!!!!" :00

These are incredible!!! Fantastic acquisitions, eternian phoenix! :thumbsup Thank you for sharing these gems with us all.

Booshman said it perfectly, "Wow! don't see you around for a while, then you come back with a bang!" My feelings exactly! :)