The Eternian Phoenix's Collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by eternian phoeni, Feb 13, 2014.

1. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Hey! Nice to see you again, friend! These two are AMAZING!! It's a wonder they survived all these years.. and in such good condition! Truly works of art, extraordinary, wonderful pieces! :thumbsup

eternian phoeni likes this.
  2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Ravage, aka Ma-Mutt, looks pretty amazing. Maybe he could be painted to be cartoon-accurate.

3. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

If I were going to repaint a Ravage figure, I wouldn't do it to the wax sculpt. ;)

4. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Here's a hardcopy of the unproduced snarf head from the companions line!
    [​IMG]

5. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Thats really cool. How many of the heads you have are alternate sculpts?

6. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Wow, that's amazing! I really enjoy seeing these alternates!

7. Daremonger

This is a really nice head sculpt of Snarf. :snarf

8. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Absolutely fantastic!!

9. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah, I really like this one and wish they used it for the production piece. As for how many alternate heads I have Booshman, it's just this one. I used to have a painted berbil head and two unpainted ones but I sold them, I think to thunderianroyalguard? I do have an extra of the unproduced mummra legs though aside from the ones on the complete hardcopy (which I also have :mummra). As far as I've been able to figure out, it seems the cheetara alternate head sculpt didn't survive.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  10. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

It's a shame to think what might have happened to so many of these pre-production pieces.

11. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Yes, I have those :) As for the Cheetara Alternte head, is that the version with the more realistic hair sulpt?

12. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Yeah, it was. Seems like it's gone though, sadly.

13. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

For those unfamiliar with the alternate Cheetara Head Sculpt, this is the one:
    [​IMG]
    I wonder why this was replaced. Maybe the small tufts of hair would make it difficult to de-mold the figure? Or perhaps they would break easily? I like it though. Gives the figure a certain type of "dynamism", like wind blowing in her hair. :)

shortfuse and Daremonger like this.
  14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ya, I like it also. It's hard to tell, are there any other differences besides the hair?

15. Wilycub

From what I can see, the sculpt of the torso and the limbs looks the same as that of the produced figure. I think the only difference, apart form the head/hair, is her staff and the color of her left sleeve, which is more yellowish while the actual figure's is more orange-ish.

16. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ok, thanks. I was trying to see if any of the facial features were altered.

17. Wilycub

Could have been. I'm not 100% sure. The pic is a bit blurry (naturally since it was quite small when it was originally printed in the mini catalogs and on the cardbacks. And since it is the only pic/angle we have, it's a bit hard to make out if the facial features were modified or are the same. :(

adssse likes this.
  18. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Thank for sharing the pic Wilycub! Yeah, I agree that head sculpt would have been great and I also agree with your reasoning on why it was probably changed.

Wilycub likes this.
  19. Daremonger

Such a cool prototype! :cheetara

20. joeymichels

joeymichels New Member

Hello, I am wondering if you are open to trades or selling any of your Thundercats?

Best Regards, Joey Michels