The Movie from 1998 with Ed Harris

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by King of Crows, Apr 16, 2008.

1. King of Crows

King of Crows Junior Member

Now, I dunno if there allready was a thread regarding the (probably hoax) Movie from 1998 with Matthew McConnaughey and Ed Harris so I´ll start a new one to ask my questions :roll:

I´ve been roaming the net to find out more about it and find some hint whether it was just a hoax or really produced yet not released but all I stumbled upon was : http://www.brutesquad.com/Movies/Thundercats/interview_noframe.htm < this. To me it doesn´t look real but maybe you guys know more about it ?
    After reading the article about the movie which contained violence and sex beyond any reason I would understand it got R-Rated but since there ain´t more to find I doubt it was ever made.

[​IMG]

Do you guys know more ?

Yours KoC

2. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

3. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Yeah, that movie never got made - I remember a friend of mine e-mailing me that mock-up poster, this was back in about January/February 2000, and he told me at the time it was a hoax. The shot of Mumm-Ra looks like a bad PhotoShop re-colour of Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars! :D

Take care... :)

4. King of Crows

King of Crows Junior Member

I probably should have known, but I have to admit they had me for a while :duh: Thanks for shedding some lights there for me

8) Andy :bengali:

5. voice_guy

voice_guy Berbill

The Brutesquad were a group of writer/artists that made comicstrips. Every now and then they'd do fake movie posters that were "supposed" to be fake. It was kind of a joke in itself.

6. That would explain a lot.

7. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

Yep, that movie poster was definitely a hoax. Like Chris said, there was never a ThunderCats movie made back then. :roll:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  8. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

9. Loki

Loki New Member

10. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

Very funny video! :cheetaraveryhappy: I enjoyed the action scenes, though I would have enjoyed it more if it had been a trailer for a fan-made flick instead of being a companion piece for the fake movie poster. Still, it's hilarious seeing Lion-O in black leather pants, one of Cheetara's shoulder straps in bad need of repair, Panthro in black leggings and what looks like a black apron, a mangy-looking Mongor, the most unconvincing Slithe imaginable, and Mumm-Ra's ribcage on display! :jaw: :roll:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  11. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

I thought the sword extension part was very well done.

12. FlameTygra

FlameTygra Crabman

It WAS a fan-made flick.

It wasn't a companion piece.

At least to my knowledge, anyway :cool: