The Official "I LOVE the Mattel ThunderCats Classics line!" Thread

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by ThunDerianRoyalGuard, Feb 15, 2016.

1. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

This thread is meant for everybody who loves the upcomming Mattel line! Subber or cherry-picker, it doesnt matter, this is meant to be a positive thread for people to share their opinions about the AWESOME ThunderCats Classics! I will be monitoring this thread to make sure everyone is on the same page, so to speak.

Here Mattel at NY Toy Fair!

That Mumm-Ra looks so sweet!

Daremonger and Joa-O like this.
  2. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

Yeehaa, may I be the first to say I'm one of them! Super stoked that Pumyra is amongst the first five figures. Ten more months until I finally get my lot. She looks amazing and it's fantastic to see her have the Totem of Dera as part of her accessories. The rest of the gang look great to me too. But Pumyra is my favourite.

3. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

I have to say Mumm-Ra is my favourite and, again, if the budget allows it, he'll be loaded with accessories! I just hope he looks good boxed, cause I plan on keeping mine MOC (for as long as possible:) )

Daremonger and Sebastiaan like this.
  4. Sebastiaan

I agree - he is a really great sculpt. I'm sure that if the second cloak can't make it into the first release, that it will be included with someone else - or even in a future accessories pack that a lot of us are daydreaming about. Perhaps the reason I love Pumyra so much is that since there's been so many lovely customs of the main cast out there that guys on here made from the MOTUC and other figures, she was always absent. Even Bengali got a great 8" treatment. So seeing her finally in this form is great. And perhaps because I LOVED her great story arc in the 2011 series that she has a softer spot than usual.

5. temple

temple Active Member

Yeah, Pumyra's my favourite. Love the removable belt/usable sling accessories. Gonna be so cool finally getting new figures of the three NuCats!

6. Sebastiaan

I totally agree. The new belt is awesome and the fact that the new Cats gets to shine a bit is excellent (even if it is just her so far)

7. Berserker

Berserker Glass Walker

Every day I get more and more excited for this line. Just watched Pixel Dan's walk through and it got me even more pumped that they have a plan to continue this line for a long time. Also can't wait to see what the SDCC exclusive will be. My guess is either a Ghost Jaga, Red Suit Lion-O or Jaga Grune 2-pack. Even though Jaga and Grune together might be a long shot since they were removed from the sub this year....or maybe that's why it was removed. Ahhhhhh the waiting and speculation :mummra

8. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

Figures Look amazing in the two videos posted!....the lion o looks impressive.....when the camera got up close the detail on the muscle looks awesome......all the figures look incredible , i was literally drooling over them when the camera got up close. And the Totem of Dera bonus...OMG....the sword of Plundarr.....it already looked amazing just handle...i can only imagine how awesome it will look with the blades...and putting the sword of plundarr with a future release transformed mummra....i got so excited after the watching the video i got 3 more subs...1 monthly and 2 single shipment!! for a total of 5 subs!

9. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

You're a MADMAN! ;)

Sebastiaan and Daremonger like this.
  10. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

These figures look amazing. I just saw the first shots from toy fair and I am even more excited for this toy line. Jackleman has never been a favourite character of mine, but his figure looks perfect and I can't wait to buy him. Mummra comes with sword of plundar handle (freaking sweet)! And thank you, mattel for Doing a totem of dera, since 1986 I have wanted toys of the treasure of thundera, now all we need is the chest it's self.
    great job mattel!
    Also thank you for making a POSITIVE ONLY thread.

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Can I say that the Tuskador in the video looks absolutely amazing? I would be very tempted to get that figure.

Sebastiaan and Daremonger like this.
  12. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Crabman

Thank you for this thread! I LOVE that Mattel and the 4 Horsemen are finally doing the Tcats. I don't mind one bit about them being scaled to match MOTUC. I think they all look amazing!! My only complaint is that I want them now!!! Hahaha.

13. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

It might be a little overboard...but ive been waiting SOOOO MANY YEARS.....def worth it for me.....im attending SDCC this year for the first time just to be there for the TC excitement!...exclusives...etc

14. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

The ThunderCats figures truly stand out for me. :)

15. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am most definitely pumped for this line. It has been a very long wait for many of us fans who have been dreaming of a classics line. It finally appears as though Mattel will pull through. Hopefully it has a long lifespan as I am looking forward to even the obscure characters.

Sebastiaan, Berserker, temple and 4 others like this.
  16. Joa-O

Joa-O Active Member

I could not be more excited for this line. I am so happy with the Pumyra figure (one of my most wanted). They really went all out and got the details. Pumyra's skirt having slits for articulation, the removable belt/weapon, the weapon itself and her ball jointed hands.
    Interchangable hands were something I wished for in the MOTU line.

I'm glad they've gone through so many years making figures, because that experience will make the Thundercats ones better (although there may always be the odd hiccup).

Can't wait to get one in hand and see what's coming next, SDCC can't arrive soon enough. That will be the first figure/s in the line.

17. Sebastiaan

Do you think there will be an announcement in May as to what the figure will be come SDCC?

18. temple

temple Active Member

I would assume so, they usually do. I think a reasonable guess is Spirit Jaga, because even if the regular Jaga figure is running late, as long as they can get the mold done in time, the spirit version would be all one type of plastic/no paint applications, so wouldn't take as long to produce.

Of course, they might have been planning a different figure for ages and are just keeping it quiet, but I guess we'll find out.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  19. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I just hope I can get whatever the SDCC exclusive is since it's not part of the sub.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  20. Sebastiaan