The Official "I LOVE the Mattel ThunderCats Classics line!" Thread

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by ThunDerianRoyalGuard, Feb 15, 2016.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Sebastiaan likes this.
  2. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

There are some more photos of Panthro out too. Freakin awesome....:panthro

3. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Also Jackalman, exclusive on ThunderCats.Org!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mark M and Sebastiaan like this.
  4. Sebastiaan

Excellent looking Jackalman!!!!:jackalman

5. Coptur

Coptur Moleman

Yep very pleased with this line so far.
    I just hope the must have SDCC item isn't a bitch to get hold of, I fear it'll be a :snarf:mamutt two pack.

I'm currently making visual guide for the characters but i'm unable to attach images to this site for some reason :-(

Sebastiaan likes this.
  6. Sebastiaan

I also hope it won't be difficult to get hold of them. I recall reading somewhere that if subbed you can still buy the SDCC items from MattyCollector. It will suck if you can't get these. Anybody going to SDCC willing to get one or two or three for me and a friend if MattyCollector won't sell them?

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Jackalman looks a lot better standing straight.:jackalman

8. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Mumm-Ras second cloak that come with Mumm-Ra IF the budget allows it. It's meant for a mid-transformation/ summoning-kinda pose, with his arms out and his cloak billowing. The "empty" one next to the figure is the one he'll come with [for sure]. Also I just noticed the bandaged that hang from his hood are removable? There on the table next to Mumm-Ra.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Daremonger and Sebastiaan like this.
  9. Coptur

Coptur Moleman

yeah he does.
    It's a shame TC mutant suffered in the cartoon being the joke/jobbers badguys. I see Jackelman similar to Starscream in that he'd rather flee than fight but if he has to fight then he's more than capable to do so. Just because you're a coward doesn't mean you're weak, this is what the 2011 toon got right it made the main trio a real threat.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard and Mark M like this.
  10. Sebastiaan

I also saw that piece lying on the floor next to him. It looked like something had broken off? I would prefer getting the closed cape as I think Mumm-Ra will get tired having to stand with his arms spread like an eagle the whole time (and not getting anywhere!)

11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am concerned about being able to get my hands on the exclusive as well. This line is looking so amazing I really don't want to miss anything.

12. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

Dont get me wrong, I want a new thundercats toy ANY chance I get, and I hope there is an early exclusive figure. But with the line starting in September and SDCC in July, is it likely that mattel would put out an exclusive before the first figure of the subscription is released? Dose anyone have experience from the MOTUC line in this situation?

Also that jackalman is freaking sweet and gets better everytime I look at him. Closed cloak mumm-ra if I had to pick one (but don't make me pick), I want both.

13. temple

temple Active Member

I think the very first MOTUC came out at SDCC shortly before the main line started?

Now, what we should all do is contact Mattel slightly nearer the time to ask them to make sure that Early Access for the Thundercats subscribers is activated when the SDCC toy goes on sale, rather than when the subscription starts as is usually the case.

(For those new to Mattel subs, Early Access is a perk for subscribers that has the toys go up for sale a day before non-subscribers get to buy them. There was a big upset last year when they did not provide EA for the SDCC MOTUC toys, and they sold out before many subscribers could get their hands on them. Hopefully they've learned from that experience).

One way to do it easily might be to hold all the non-convention stock of the SDCC figure until September, so that subbers can have Early Access to him along with Lion-O.

14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That would be fine with me. I would be willing to wait if I had to but would be more than happy if they had early sales for sub members.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  15. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

Yup, as long as mattel keeps me informed and updated with there plans I am a happy camper. It would actual work out to be a perfect timeline if they did an early release.
    1) April / May get Mezco tygra
    2) July get an SDCC exclusive
    3) September get lion-o

adssse and Sebastiaan like this.
  16. Sebastiaan

Sounds like a great year - and they did shay they will release a figure at SDCC. So that's all good. I do think it will be Lion-O, or some version of him, mainly because as the first figure out to the public, it would have to be something they can actually use to promote the new line. A Red Lion-O would be the easiest choice personally. Does anybody know what the SDCC figure for MOTUC was before the line was released?

17. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

King Grayskull, both standard and Bronze Statue versions. He was sold at SDCC 2007*, He-Man was the first regular figure of the line in 2008*.

*right?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    Sebastiaan likes this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

He was sold at SDCC 2008.

19. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Aha, thanks! Wasnt sure as I dont have the figure. Do still have that first He-Man, though! :)

Mark M and Sebastiaan like this.
  20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I remember really wanting King Grayskull. I got The first 11 or so regular monthly figures. Kind of wish I still had them and hadn't sold them.
    I might get a He-Man and Skeletor and a couple other characters I liked again some day.