The Official UK Thundercats Toy Sightings Thread

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Mark M, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The Thundercats toys are out now for sale in the UK. At least in Smyths toys. I got 6" Lion-o and Mumm-Ra. I would have got more but they had not started stacking he shelves. Going bck tomorrow and Wednesday for the massive haul. :thumbsup: :liono:panthro::tygra::cheetara::mummra::wilykit::slythe::pumyraveryhappy::lynxo::wilykat:

2. CrustyTbone

CrustyTbone Junior Member

Really? On the shelves? This is early!
    Merged Post:
    I think this is only for online orders as I couldn't find any in store stock! I was about to get in the car and drive to the store as it's open while 11pm up to Xmas.

Ordering before 5pm tomorrow would get them a day early... I'm waiting for on shelf stock.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well they were putting them on the shelves at the Smyths in Londonderry. They were just starting so all I got today was 6" Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. I was told to call back in a few hours and they would all be out but I could not wait. Going back tomorrow or Wednesday for the massive haul. :thumbsup:

4. CrustyTbone

Good for u. I'm jealous. :thumbsup: Might give them a call tomorrow to see if they've had delivery yet.

Just checked all stock and all the Northern Ireland stores have stock (the only ones)!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  5. Thunder-Cap

Thunder-Cap New Member

The toys have hit The Entertainer in Birmingham as well - I went there this morning before work and they had everything - I picked up the large scale Mumm-Ra and Lion-O. The small scale figures I ordered from the Entertainer website last week - and most are still in stock.:)

6. Thundercats are indeed now in stock and wow it was like stepping back in time for me tonight as i walked into smyths and seen all the toys...its the first time ive been into a toy store in years and all i can say is the thundercats looked awesome displayed together. Picked up a large scale Lion-o at £12.99 as you can see..pricey toys nowadays back in the day figures were like £4 lol. Ill be back for more in the coming weeks. Enjoy folks

[​IMG]

7. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I might be going shopping to Meadowhall monday, so will hopefully take a look then! :)

8. CrustyTbone

I live in Sheffield and work close to Meadowhall. I'll be going before Monday so will let you know :)

9. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

Awful that the price sticker is right at the front. Are they all like that at smyths and did they have all the figures inc classics and delux?

I won't be buying them if they have prices on them.

10. CrustyTbone

Xmas has come early for me

Ok, I've been to meadowhall at lunch after phoning the Entertainer and checking they had put stock out.... they had!

The designated stock area was only small (the entertainer store in Meadowhall is very small). They'd mostly put out just one of everything but they did not have out the Thunder-racers, the Tower of omens and the claw shield.

I bought the following.....

Deluxe Mumm-ra
    Deluxe Grune
    Deluxe Lion-o
    Deluxe-Tygra

4" Lion-o
    4" Tygra
    4" Cheetara
    4" Mummy Mumm-ra
    4" Wilykit
    4" Wilykat
    (already owned 4" Panthro)

6" Mumm-ra
    6" Panthro
    6" Lion-o

Classic Tygra
    Classic Lion-o

Lizard Cannon
    Thundertank

I'd have bought the Thunderracers if the store had them out but it was absoultely packed in the store, there were no baskets to carry things to the counter and there was a big queue (+ I only get 1hr for lunch and was pushed for time).

The toys look so beautiful I don't want to take them out of the packet but I will and just buy again.

Toys R Us are not selling early nor is my local smyths. The cashier at the entertainer said they'd been told to put them out on the shelves as a competitor was selling earlier than expected and they were instructed to get them out early by HQ.

Attached Files:

11. CrustyTbone

FYI - The entertainer didn't have any price stickers on.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  12. aceface11

aceface11 Guest

The full range is up on the Entertainer website (in-case this hasn't been posted before)

LOVING the shots of the new toys... it feels like the 80's all over again! :)

Going to venture out into Central London later to see what I can find... any recommendations?
    Matt

Remember no links to sites that don't support us!

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

My Haul.

Today I got-
    Thundertank.
    Lizard Cannon.
    4" Lion-O, Cheetara, Panthro, Wilykit, Wilykat, Mumm-Ra.
    Deluxe Mumm-Ra and Grune.
    Classics Lion-O and Tygra.
    I had 4" Tygra but I left himdwn to stack what I was carrying better and forgot him :( so I have to go back tomorrow for him. :D

Also regarding the stickers the Smyth's price stickers peal off very easily.

14. CrustyTbone

ok, here's an interesting insight. I phoned TRU yesterday and they told me the Thundercats would be out on the shelves today for purchase. I turned up at TRU to buy a couple of missing items (Entertainer didn't have in). Which was the 2 x Thunder-racers and the Tower of Omens.

TRU didn't have anything out on the shelves. When I explained that the entertainer was selling and so were Smyths stores they'd told me they had got an email to delay until tomorrow.

I was mega cheesed off as I'd taken up my lunch hour and a £4 tram journey to fetch the missing items.

On my way out of the shop a sales assistant chased after me and said a manager had said it was ok to sell me the items :D . Although the staff at TRU were arguing amongst themselves that it wouldn't actually go through the cash registerl I was happy for them to try and they did go through the till and I'm now the proud owner of 2 x Thunderracers and 1 * ToO.

See pic attached.

In case anyone is in the area - this was TRU at Meadowhall retail park in Sheffield

Attached Files:

15. blackiecats

I'm going to Meadowhall monday :D Hopefully they have a Grune as I'd like to get him first.

Oh and if anyone is interested, The Mirror newspaper today has a £5 off £20 spend at Smyths. Unfortunately there isn't a Smyths toy store near me :(

If your planning to spend £20 or more on ThunderCats toys before Saturday 10th December might be worth picking up the paper tonight ;)

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I got Tygra on my Birthday. :thumbsup::tygra:
    Evntually I will get the Thunder Racers and maybe the Tower Of Omens.

17. CrustyTbone

Thanks - it might just sway me to buy a Sword of Omens.... Off to the newspaper shop before it shuts!

18. 13977

13977 Active Member

Neil, I went to TRU at Meadowhall retail park yesterday and they did have some Grune's in. In fact I think they had everything in.

The awesome thing was there was this kid there, about 5-6, and he was so excited about the Thundercats stuff, he was naming all the characters and telling his parents which ones he wanted, it was really nice to see and I can't even stand kids lol.

I didn't pick anything up myself I just wanted to see them in hand. I'm not fussed about the new style stuff and I was going to get the Classics but think I'm going to wait for the 6" Classics now. But those 8" Classics are really big, I wasn't quite prepared for how big they actually were in hand.

I did however get a sweet Thundercats t-shirt from Primark in Sheffield, it was £6. I will try and post a pic later.

Edit:
    Here's the pic:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  19. blackiecats

Yeah I got Grune from The Entertainer at Meadowhall :) Where abouts is the Toys R Us? Is it accessible on foot from the main shopping centre? I've only been to Meadowhall twice in my life and I'm not really that familiar with it.

Cool! :)

I kinda expected them that size in hand and was prepared with what to expect. I know what you mean though! It was the 4" that took me by surprise :eek: I just didn't realise how small they would be in hand (especially Kit and Kat) until seeing them in person!

Damn! I didn't go in Primark. Ah well, I might be going into Nottingham soon so will look then ;)

20. starrcade89

starrcade89 Vortex Explorer

A few pic ups....

Im a vintage collector but have to have these new figs, now my son is 4, its the perfect excuse!
    Thought id share some test shots i purchased, and todays pick ups...

Bought this from toystrike a while ago:

[​IMG]

Tygra test shot:
    [​IMG]

Panthro test shot:
    [​IMG]

Cheetara:
    [​IMG]

Todays figs from 'the entertainer':

[​IMG]