The ThunDerianRoyalGuard Collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by ThunDerianRoyalGuard, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

Love the badge great item. Lion-os quest is a fantastic little book, I too love the colours on this item.

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I like the "Lion-O's Quest" book you purchased, as well as its summary. :)

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  3. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Pretty cool item to show; ThunderCats Puzzle from Greece! It's from 1988, made by a company called BEST.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More to come!

4. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

YES! I have a similar puzzle from the same company, also of the Mutants—a frame from "The Unholy Alliance". I actually think it's one of the rarest things in my collection. So cool to know there are others!
    [​IMG]

5. Daremonger

What a cool puzzle!

6. Daremonger

It's pretty fascinating that the puzzle you have and the one ThunDerianRoyalGuard has focus on the Mutants instead of the ThunderCats. :slithe:jackalman:monkian

7. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

What a great expression on those goons! haha

8. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

That's AMAZING! Thats only the second of these puzzles I've ever seen, thanks for sharing this! I love it and I want it! The hunt is on! :biggrin

9. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Got some more items...

First some LJN figures; I finally got a Mongor with unpainted scythe...
    [​IMG]

... and got some more troops for my Tuska Army!
    [​IMG]

I got these Unitoys miniatures because they were very, very cheap! The cards are pretty beat-up, but I got the pair for $12 shipped from Venezuela.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I placed a low bid on a JotaStar "The Cat's Spiral Bagatelle", figuring I would be outbid, but I wasnt. So:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last and definitely least: Dorbz Jaga :tongue I wasnt planning on getting this, but I got some "store credit" from an online shop that I needed to spend and this was the only Thundercats item I didnt have yet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come!

shortfuse, Wilycub and Daremonger like this.
  10. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Not seen this variant before.
    :roflmao

11. Daremonger

Nice going, dude!

12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Very nice! I never knew about that Mongor variant and now I want some Dorbz myself!

ThunDerianRoyalGuard and Wilycub like this.
  13. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

A few things added to the collection
    The Evil Chaser, Random House, US version
    [​IMG]

Greek QantepKate comic. Never bought any of these. Got a great offer from a dealer so thought I'd get it.
    [​IMG]

Very happy to get this great badge from Burger King. It's an employee badge from 1986 that was worn during the ThunderCats Meal Pack offerings. Pretty cool!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last, this awesomely rare metal ThunderCats bin from ICARUS! These dont come up very often so I'm very happy to have it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More to come, stay tuned!

shortfuse, Daremonger and Wilycub like this.
  14. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Great new finds, TRG!! Most of them I never even knew existed until today. :thumbsup

The one that I do know very well about is "The Evil Chaser" Random House Book. When I was around 10 years old, a guy in my class had both this and "Quest for the Magic Crystal" books. I remember I begged the guy to sell them to me, at any price! But he, despite not being a ThunderCats fan, refused. I guess kids at that age still haven't grasped the concept of money. ;) But he did agree to let make photocopies of both the books (for which I am still grateful). I still have those two sets of photocopies. :)

ThunDerianRoyalGuard and Mark M like this.
  15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

@ThunDerianRoyalGuard I used to have some of those Video Collection Watch & Play Colouring Packs.
    Thundercats: The Terror of Hammerhand
    He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Cat and the Spider. I still have the colouring book.
    Danger Mouse: Danger Mouse on the Orient Express.

16. Daremonger

That Burger King ThunderCats badge is really unique.

17. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

@Mark M If you ever come across the TVC Watch & Play Thundercats Colouring Pack (and you dont have any use for it yourself) Please let me know! Cheers!

Mark M likes this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I will keep a look out for them and let you know if I find any of them for you.
    Sadly the Thundercats colouring book got mixed up with a collection of comics I gave away a few years ago.

19. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Some great additions! First up, finally got one of the Red Frames. I've been looking for them for a while, they are uncommon here in Europe so was happy to get it!
    [​IMG]

Also found this rare ThunderCats Ho! VHS red tape! Pretty cool!
    [​IMG]

This piece of soap also found it's way into my collection
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As far as figures go, i added the Green torso RainbowToys Lion-O. This took me quite a while to track down, so I'm very happy with it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Took some pics of my Green torso RainbowToys Panthro for comparison:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some old pics of my Green Torso RainbowToys Mumm-Ra
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last but not least I bought the Jackalman prototype head and arm that was on eBay a few weeks back and thought I'd share some blurry pics :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More to come, stay tuned!

20. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Nice to see that the ThunderCats were "going green" long before any other cartoon characters. ;)

Lovely additions as always TRG! :thumbsup That red VHS is particularly intriguing. You already have the pink "Terror of Hammerhand" VHS. I wonder if there are any other colored TCats VHS out there.