The ThunDerianRoyalGuard Collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by ThunDerianRoyalGuard, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I like that red tape of ThunderCats, Ho!: The Movie. I think, if it's in good shape, the VHS can be remastered from its original video/audio quality for true S-VHS quality, along with that pink "Terror of Hammerhand" VHS. :)

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  2. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

If there are, I will find them!

Made a push to complete my Tempo Cassettes collection and I got pretty much everything I was looking for:
    Return Of The Driller / Safari Jo
    [​IMG]

The Thunder-Cutter / The Terror Of Hammerhead
    [​IMG]

The Evil Harp Of Char-Nin / Secret Of The Ice King
    [​IMG]

And the great Tempo Gift Box containing a cassette with Exodus, The Mutant's Alliance, The Evil Chaser and The Quest For The Magic Crystal and the 4 matching read-along booklets.
    [​IMG]

I already had the Tempo-Twins release. It contains 2 cassettes with re-releases of Return Of The Driller / Safari Jo and The Thunder-Cutter / The Terror Of Hammerhand (they corrected the title!)
    [​IMG]

The set so far:
    [​IMG]

I also got a great vintage Lion-O T-shirt
    [​IMG]

And got a great deal on a loose, complete BanDai STGCC Lion-O/Mumm-Ra. Words cannot express how much I love this figure.
    [​IMG]

And 2 more The Loyal Subjects ThunderCats; Mumm-Ra and Jaga
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More to come, stay tuned!

3. Daremonger

Those cassettes you obtained are impressive. I wonder if they'll withstand a digital remaster?

4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Some very nice additions there! I completely have to agree on the STGCC red Lion-O. I still have two in the box and consider it a very underappreciated figure!

5. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Got some new, interesting and awesome stuff.
    First up is this rare, hardcover version of Happy House's Visitors From Space. It's a hardcover because it's a (discarded) library book! It came from the Garwood Public Library in New Jersey. Never seen one like it. Love it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also got this neat set of cards. 12 cards in total, with images front and back.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I obviously like these type of items, but what I really love about this set is this image of Wilykit, which you hardly [n]ever see:
    [​IMG]

Found this gem: it's from the UK's The Video Collection and it the very, very rare version; the cardboard sleeve! :eek:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I've never seen one before, so I was pretty happy to get it!

Another AMAZING item I found is this digital watch by ZEON! I already have the alarm and the wall clock from the same company, so finding this is awesome! I love this thing, so much :biggrin
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note how they misspelled Telepix as Telpix :roflmao
    [​IMG]

6. dan07

dan07 Glass Walker

The amount of merch you're able to find is uncanny - keep it up, great stuff!

7. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

He has a nose like a Thunderian Bloodhound when it comes to rare TCats merch! :biggrin

Awesome additions TRG! Especially love the watch! :thumbsup

ThunDerianRoyalGuard and dan07 like this.
  8. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

That watch is terrible, it's awesome. Big visible screws, bad quality print, and a spelling error. It's got just enough going against it for it to come out the other side and be cool again. It's like the watch equivalent of "The Room".

9. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

And a few other items:

I really have no idea what these are. They feel like decals or those transfers you have to apply water to?

[​IMG]

Got another of the clumsily charming Hestair puzzles. As its the hardest to find of the four I'm pretty happy with it :)

[​IMG]

I didnt plan on getting any of The Loyal Subjects' "variants", but I couldnt resist the LJN style Mumm-Ra...

[​IMG]

And there was a seller that had these 5 for $10, so I got them.

[​IMG]

10. Daremonger

You're doing great in collecting ThunderCats merchandise.

11. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Got some more items coming, but wanted to share this as I just go it; This AMAZING, ThunderCats-Ho! VHS in Hebrew! Looking at the front, I cant help but think they deliberately blocked or censored Pumyra with that weirdly cropped, 2nd Lion-O image.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Daremonger and Cap'n Cracka like this.
  12. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

No episodes featuring the Tabbot made it to VHS I'll bet.

13. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Hey, ThunderianRoyal Guard! Have you looked to see if the Lion-O shirt was Glow-in-the-dark?? If you have one, run a blacklight on it.. It may not be but it seems like a lot of the shirts from back then were and sometimes the glow is so faded it needs a black light on it to see it. With that one i would think it would be Lion-O's outline. I have one similar to it and its outlined in glow-in-the-dark. thats the only reason i ask.

14. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Cap! You know your stuff; yes it has a GITD outline! :thumbsup

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  15. Daremonger

I like that ThunderCats, Ho! Hebrew VHS.

16. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Got this AMAZING Lion-O Money Box from the UK's D.Dekker Ltd. It's pretty scarce and I'm glad to have it! The sculpt is pretty good and the overall look is so awkward; I love it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

shortfuse and Daremonger like this.
  17. Daremonger

I like!

18. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Got this rare 100 piece Puzzle by Arrow, still sealed! Arrow did two TC puzzles, the other being of Snarf. This one is a bit harder to find, so very happy with it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also got some variant LJN figures I was missing in my collection. First is "Pink-Limbed" Jaga

[​IMG]

And second, "Unpainted-Chest" Panthro!

[​IMG]

Very cool and hard to find figures. Especially Panthro, this is only the second one I've ever come across! And both have the illusive EL stamp!
    More to come!

Cap'n Cracka and shortfuse like this.
  19. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Oh yeah, also expanded my Glasslite collection by a few figures!

[​IMG]

More to come!

shortfuse and Wilycub like this.
  20. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Great additions TRG!! Gotta say I've never seen that puzzle before. Must be super rare! :thumbsup