The ThunDerianRoyalGuard Collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by ThunDerianRoyalGuard, Aug 2, 2010.

1. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Thanks guys! Was kind of a 'right place, right time' type of deal :) I've always had a very broad collection, its nice to add some depth to it with obscure or HTF stuff like this testshot. :thumbsup

Daremonger and Wilycub like this.
  2. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Got my third Martin Sauri original, this one is from the 1985 "Find Your Fate Fantasy: The ThunderCats and the Snowmen of Hook Mountain" book by Random House. The full team, (Wilykit is peaking out from behind her brother) the Lair AND the Living Ooze! I love it! It is signed, but I always remove the signature in Photoshop so people cant forge it for nefarious purposes :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Much more to come, stay tuned!

3. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I love it!

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  4. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Gorgeous!!!! upload_2019-11-11_8-51-12.png

5. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Looks pretty fantastic!

6. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Beautifull line weights and hatching! Was this done with brush or dip pen?

7. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Pencil / brush, I think :thumbsup

8. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

The latest additions to the collection:

I'm looking to complete my ThunderCats videogame collection and came across this 1987 Computer+Video Games magazine. It came with a free cassette with the first level of the ThunderCats game. I had to source the cassette separately, but they are now reunited after 32 years!

[​IMG]

Also got this version of the game for the Spectrum Plus Three Disc system

[​IMG]

Managed to get one of the illusive DekkerToys Lion-O Playsuits!

[​IMG]

With the addition of Slithe, I now finally have a complete set of Sliding Puzzles from Rainbow Toys!

[​IMG]

And now have a full set (I think) plus some extras of the obscure translucent miniatures. I'm going for every character in every color; I love these!

[​IMG]

shortfuse, motogp_fanatic and Wilycub like this.
  9. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Berbill

That's was.... nostalgic, goosebumps present.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

10. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Haha! Which item triggered it?
    Speaking of goosebumps, I just purchased the rarest figure I have ever come across. Not just a grail, a GHOST; a never before discussed or seen figure, at least to my knowledge. As soon as it has arrived I will ofcourse post it here, so stay tuned for this!

EDIT: Its the rarest PRODUCTION figure I have ever come across. Not a prototype or concept piece or something like that. :biggrin

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    motogp_fanatic likes this.
  11. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

This is beyond intriguing!

12. Booshman

You have my attention!

13. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Berbill

The translucent figures... just instant time travel.... Rarest figure you say?.. I'm bracing myself, can't wait for you to share some pictures

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  14. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

So, the figure has arrived - Unitoys Panthro, fully working and complete! Hope I didnt over-sell it in my little announcement in my last post, but this really is quite a find. I really have no idea how many of these were produced, this is the first I've ever come across and I never knew it excisted until I did. It's is such a strange figure. The torso is cast in this aqua colour, the arms, legs and torso in a brownish-grey with a very bright blue hand-painted over it. The overall paintjob is pretty uhm... unique, with the dark blue suit, armbands and footwear, with the white laces to complete the look, I love it! (Sorry for the blurry 5th picture, will replace asap :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Unitoys set!

[​IMG]

15. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

The LJN-like mold for these figures is pretty cool, though I'm not fond of Cheetara's blue leotard. :P

16. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Berbill

Cool... really it is.. something to be envious with.

17. Booshman

They are just the right amount of crappy to be cool. I love weird bootlegs and even being official these have that look. Loving Lion-O's eyebrows.

18. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

I prefer the term sloppy :thumbsup

Managed to collect 4 out of (at least) 5 of these cool little puzzles from Argentina!

[​IMG]

shortfuse likes this.
  19. tone

tone Glass Walker

Any additional details on these? Just mexican or argentenian bootlegs?

20. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Not much known, I'm afraid... The tallest figures are 3.75 inches tall. No stamps, no COO. I always view bootlegs as illegal copies; badly molded and cast copies of the official figures by LJN, Kidsworks etc. These are not that. Someone carefully sculpted these, made molds and casts. These are unlicensed or unofficial, but they are 100% original. Also, they are not vintage. The Lion-O with the Sword is clearly the black suit Lion-O from WildStorm's ThunderCats: The Return, so they must have been created around 2002/2003. Thats all I got :thumbsup

tone likes this.