The "What was the Last Movie You Watched?" Thread

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

I saw some threads like this on other forums, so I thought this would be a topic that could be brought up again and again and open up some interesting discussion.

Lets see...I watched We Are Marshalls yesterday and I have to say that this movie pleasantly surprised me. I really thought the movie was about a football team struggling to win games, but I was off by a lot. Great movie, definitely worth recommending to everyone.

A couple weeks ago I watched The Pursuit of Happyness. Ever since I saw the trailer to this movie, I've wanted to watch it and this is an amazing film. It's one of the best films I saw in 2006 and there were a lot of good movies. I really hope Will Smith wins Best Actor in the Golden Globes...he deserves it.

2. Rath Montchar

Rath Montchar Moleman

On New Year's Eve, I saw Rocky Balboa. And I loved it. It was that Rocky magic. Somebody on the radio here called it a "chick flick". I disagree. Part of the movie's story is change and how we must adapt. I was surprised to see it was rated PG instead of PG 13. I was glad to see that it did NOT have a whole bunch of cussing in it. I almost walked out of Crank because of the excessive profanity.

3. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Pirates :mischievous: ...nuff' said.

4. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

A teen-witch movie called "The Covenant", about four male university students who are descended from 17th-century witch families. It was quite bad and very predictable, but there were actually a few (emphasis on the word "few") ideas in it that I liked.:roll:

5. MannysCollectibles

What would be your star rating, I think i have that on my Netflix que

6. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Last night I saw "Texas Chainsaw Massacre - The Beginning". I liked it a lot, I think it's better than the recent remake of the original!

PS: Manny and MannysCollectibles are different persons ? :)

7. MannysCollectibles

We are...alter egos, just kidding. I gotta rent that one. The last one I saw was Clerks 2 and it was hilarious, especially the part with Kelly and the Sexy Stud.

8. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

I watched spiderman 2. looking forward to number 3

9. catspat

My star rating for "The Covenant"? One star for such a flat movie.:thumbsdown:

10. mesepher

mesepher Moleman

I've been watching the original Star Wars recently... I love having a copy of the DVD where Han shoots first!!!! :D

11. saltygirl

saltygirl Crabman

"300" was like a friggin oil painting. it was soooo beautiful.

12. MannysCollectibles

Ive only heard good things about 300. Gotta go to the movies soon. I saw the previews in HD and it was unreal

13. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

i'll pipe in about 300 here. That movie was amazing the way the fight scenes slowed down then sped up and rotated. I feel it might be revolutionary sort of like the matrix was when that first came out. If you havent seen it go see it. I really like frank miller (author of sin city and dark knight returns) and he is a great storyteller.

14. catspat

I'm currently watching Martin Scorsese's GANGS OF NEW YORK. Very interesting period piece detailing mid-nineteenth century New York City from an immigrant's-versus-native born's view, if you overlook the main theme of Amsterdam Vallon's lust for revenge against William "Bill the Butcher" Cutting for Cutting's muder of Vallon's father. I can see why it was nominated for Oscars. It's a nicely done flick.

15. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

I gotta watch 300 and TMNT soon. I'm soooo excited to see TMNT back on the big screen...I know Chris will agree with me!! ;)

16. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Is '300' computer animated or a real person acted film?

I don't like the looks of the TMNT film as that kinda computer animation ain't my thing. I prefer the 80's Turtles with Krang ;)

17. wacky martin

wacky martin TCL Member

Thats because everybody loves Krang! :D

18. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

I don't like the way it looks either, horrible!

19. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

its live action with real people neil

20. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

eek, so if it's real people why have they made it look cheap by making it look computer animated? Makes no sense to me.

and believe or not the last film I watched was The Rescuers on Disney Cinemagic the other day! lol

As for the an actual live action movie, it was probably Star Wars Episode 3 I think on one of the Sky Movies channels.

To be honest I don't really go to the cinema much anymore since there hasn't been a film out that I'd really wanted to see in quite a while :(

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007