The "What was the Last Movie You Watched?" Thread

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Jan 3, 2007.

1. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

My first foray into this thread, and it's to say that the last movie I saw at the cinema was the new CGI Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie - it was fabulous! :)

Visually, the Turtles themselves were beautifully rendered, and for the locations and vehicles it boasts some of the best CGI animation I've ever seen in a movie from this genre. If I had a minor gripe, I think that the humans all look a bit goofy, and would have looked better if they could have utilised a style similar to the excellent Captain Scarlet series that was on UK TV a couple of years ago. But, apart from that, I loved it! :)

Take care... :)

2. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Havent seen it yet but tomorrow I will make it a movie night and first watch Grindhouse followed by The Hills Have Eyes 2. Ive heard excellent reviews about Grindhouse and that the movie is worth it just for the mock up trailers. Rob Zombie's Halloween trailer is supposed to be shown as well...overall Im excited about Grindhouse.Cant wait

3. Tygra-wan

Tygra-wan Glass Walker

I just saw Wild Hogs with my wife for our anniversary, and it was the funniest thing i've seen in a long time. Great story, great cast (weird ensemble, too), and HILARIOUS!

4. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Rentals:

Eragon --- Pretty good...though it felt rushed.

Freedom Writers --- Great movie. Must-watch.

Rocky Balboa --- Better than I expected. Actually, better than any of the other Rocky movies period.

Can't wait for Spiderman 3!!! The summer blockbusters officially begin on Friday! :)

5. MannysCollectibles

i just bought the extended version of Spiderman 2. It has something like 8 minutes of extended footage. Its actually called Spiderman 2.1...although i own the regular version i couldnt turn down the 13.98 pricetag at Walmart with an etxra DVD that came with it. Also i wanted to see what it looked like on HDTV, needless to say I was amazed at how crisp and awesome everything looked and to top it off with 5.1 surround sound the experience was soo much better. The movie wasnt in HD format but with an HDMI DVD player it looked awesome. I cant begin to think how that movie would look like in HD or Blu-Ray.

6. Tygra-wan

Tygra-wan Glass Walker

I agree with you, Manny, on Eragon and Rocky Balboa. Good movies. I also can't wait for Spider-man 3. It's gonna rock! I'm also looking forward to Pirates of the Carribean 3, Fantastic Four 2, and Transformers. It's a big Summer for movies this year! It's gonna be awesome!

7. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

I just saw three DVDs. Here they are:

"Ghost Rider". Awesome movie!:cheetaraveryhappy:

"Pan's Labyrinth". A heartbreaker and magnificently done. No wonder it won three Academy Awards. It's also known by its Spanish title of "El Laberinto del Fauno".:cheetaraveryhappy:

"The Messengers". As ghost stories go, this one was pretty run-of-the-mill. A troubled family seeks sanctuary from the big, bad city on a sunflower-seed farm out in the boonies (Amazing how so many ghost stories take place in distant, out-of-the-way locales). The little boy first starts seeing ghosts and then the teenaged girl does. Of course her dumb parents don't believe her and she must prove them wrong. Which she does, aided by the bad guy and the specters. It's not a complete disaster, but I've seen better.:roll:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  8. MannysCollectibles

I've seen so many the last few days but I must say that Pan's Labyrynth was very well done. Superb storyline. Also I saw a movie called Happy Endings, its one of those really fun movies and weird at the same time. Ultimately all the characters in the story somehow tie in together. Last but not least the Imax documentary Deep Sea blew me away after seeing it on my HDTV

9. Mark / Grizzlor

Let's see...

Ghost Rider -- Better than I expected... 7/10

Glory Road -- Great feel-good movie... 9/10

Happy Feet -- One of the few non-Pixar CGI movies I loved... 8.5/10

Spider-Man 3 -- Meh. It was okay, but totally could have been better... 6/10

Soon...TRANSFORMERS!

10. pain

pain Junior Member

Recently I have been watching a lot of movies:
    Theatre
    Spider-Man 3 made me want to puke a little bit

Pirates 3 Great Movie

Shrek 3 OK, but not up to par with the other 2

Surf's Up Good Kid movie

DVD:
    Pan's Labyrinth Great Movie

Dead Silence suprising let down totally predictable

and as always, my all time number 1 fav film DARK CRYSTAL

11. MannysCollectibles

Too many to post but Ive watched part of Black Snake Moan and it is a damn good movie

12. Mark / Grizzlor

Bridge to Terabithia - Definitely not the movie I was expecting. The posters made it look like an adventure...but it was far from that. Still, it was a pretty good movie.

The Queen - I loved Princess Diana and the portrayal of Queen Elizabeth in this movie was very eye-opening. I'm not exactly sure if it's all real or if it's just Hollywood trying to make the movie good...but man the royal family needs to update some of their practices. I know there are a lot of people from UK on this board, so I hope I don't offend anyone by what I said above.

13. MannysCollectibles

Im getting ready to watch Dragonheart in HD. I have to say that I am hooked to the HD DVD format and I have TMNT HD and Land of the Dead in HD coming tomorrow

14. EternalKnights

EternalKnights Junior Member

The last film I saw was Transformers. The Autobot descent sequence was worth the ticket price for the music alone.
    It was one of those movies where it could've butchered the franchise. Thankfully it didn't and aside from the 'shakey-cam' it was a cracking film.

15. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

No offence taken on my part, Manny - I completely agree with you! I'm not much of a supporter of the British Monarchy - but, that's obviously a discussion for another thread! ;)

The last movie I saw was Transformers - absolutely blew me away! Loved it, loved it, loved it, so much better than I was expecting it to be! :)

Take care... :)

16. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

I just recently rented the DVD of THE GIFT, a 2000 movie with Cate Blanchett as a Deep-South psychic who solves a murder. Excellently done! :D

I also saw GHOST RIDER with Nicolas Cage and Eva Mendes. One of Marvel's more interesting antiheroes, and one of its scarier characters.:yikes:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  17. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Your only saying what an huge chunk of the British population thinks ;)

18. Mark / Grizzlor

That's what I thought initially.

Anyhow, I watched two movies over the weekend, both pretty good.

Bourne Ultimatum - First Bourne movie I saw and not the last. It was AMAZING.

SuperBad - HILARIOUS. Think American Pie, but with more raunchy jokes and a lesser plot to the movie. Regardless, it was funny and anyone who wants to see a funny movie should see this!

19. MannysCollectibles

Make the jump to HD DVD unless you already have and you will be able to see it on High Def

20. Mark / Grizzlor

Yeah, I'm so bummed that it's not on Blu-Ray. :( I'm sure it will go Blu-Ray soon since BR is winning the format wars. My dad actually has Bourne Identity so I watched that when I got home from watching Ultimatum. Supremacy is in my Netflix queue at I type this.

BTW, Dr. Strange just got here via Netflix...and it's in Blu-Ray!