The "What was the Last Movie You Watched?" Thread

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Jan 3, 2007.

1. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

I think William and Harry will be the ones to bring about a few changes. They are definitely Diana's sons, not Charles's. 8)

2. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

It's pretty funny though because the film portrayed Prince Charles as the guy on Diana's side....he wanted to speak out against his mother, but was too scared to do so.

Watched Doctor Strange on DVD...really good animated movie. Didn't know anything about the character and came out wanting to know more!

3. catspat

I watched the 2000 movie GLADIATOR for the first time yesterday on DVD. It starred Russell Crowe (Maximus), Joaquin Phoenix (Commodus), Connie Nielsen (Lucilla), the late Oliver Reed (Promixo), Djimon Hounsou (Juba), and the late Richard Harris (Marcus Aurelius). It was a moving experience! And the score is so beautiful I bought the soundtrack on CD.:cheetaraveryhappy:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  4. Mark / Grizzlor

Yeah it's a great movie.

I finally got to watch the rest of the Bourne movies, Identity and Supremacy. Both are really good. I was thinking to myself why it took the third film to get me on board on this franchise...it's such a great story!

I also have 300 coming my way via Netflix. I might have to hook up my PS3 to my big screen TV just for this movie...so I can get the full HD experience. ;)

5. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

I saw that one on the cinema in Brazil last April but I didn't like it very much. What made this movie so sought after in Brazil was that the Xerxes character was played by a Brazilian actor, Rodrigo Santoro, who was also on the LOST series (he was called Paulo in the series).

Manny, I don't understand why you have to connect the Playstation to the TV so the movie can look better? By "Netflix" name I can assume that it is some kind of Internet TV and since the PS3 has Internet access, it provides better quality?

6. Mark / Grizzlor

Netflix is a DVD rental service. :)

7. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Ahhhhh, I get it now! Just like a "Blockbusters"! :)

I can't even remember the last movie I saw... Well, maybe Transformers in the cinema, but it was a month ago! Not even TV movies... I still gotta watch The Simpsons and the new Harry Potter! :)

8. Mark / Grizzlor

Can't go wrong with either one! They're both awesome!

9. Mark / Grizzlor

Finally saw 300...it was awesome!

Next up, TMNT in HD!

10. catspat

I also saw 300. It's a good action film, but there were several things about it that I didn't like: All those slow-motion scenes, the entire film shot in a sepia tint to give it a look of ancient antiquity, some of the music and the wheatfield scenes lifted from GLADIATOR, and the Ephialtes character made to look like Gollum from THE LORD OF THE RINGS. However, I enjoyed the set design, the costumes, and the special effects. The acting was fine, even if Gerald Butler did slip into his Irish accent while uttering Leonidas's more impassioned speeches. And it was a pleasure seeing David Wenham again.

Here are two other films I just saw:

FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER. I loved it! These movies are enjoyable, largely because of the cast. How can you miss with a black-garbed Julian McMahon being oh-so suavely evil as Victor Von Doom? My favorite character is Susan Richards the Invisible Woman, wonderfully played by Jessica Alba. If I were to choose an actress to play a live-action Cheetara, Ms. Alba would be it. And that Stan Lee cameo in the scene of Reed and Susan's aborted wedding? Hilarious! :D

PREMONITION: Another film with Julian McMahon, this time co-starring with Sandra Bullock. She plays Linda Hanson, the wife of McMahon's character Jim; she has visions of her husband's approaching death in a car crash and tries desperately to keep it from happening. It's not a great movie, but it's competently made and well acted. And to the filmmakers' credit, they stay true to the nature of premonitions as future glimpses of mostly unstoppable tragic events.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  11. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Not to tell those giant elephants!:roll:

The last one(s) I saw were Death Proof and Planet Terror from the "Grindhouse" movie by Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez.

12. catspat

Oh, yeah, I forgot about those elephants! Mumakil rip-offs, anyone? These days, just about everybody does their own take on LORD OF THE RINGS. :thumbsdown:

13. Mark / Grizzlor

Netflix sent TMNT a couple weeks ago...and I actually liked it more than I thought! It had a much better plot that I anticipated!

Right now, I've been re-watching Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire. Why? I started reading the books last month and I wanted to compare the films to the books. Now I know why a lot of people like the books more! ;)

14. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

Just watched 'When A Sranger Calls'...it was ok...

15. kylefromdirtnapp

kylefromdirtnapp Vortex Explorer

"The number 23". Eh. Descent, I guess.

16. catspat

Got a question for you, Manny. What do you think about J.K. Rowlings saying that Dumbledore was gay?:jaw:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  17. catspat

Film Version of Stephen King's "1408"

I saw "1408" with John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson. It's more or less your typical Stephen King horror story, though it's not a bad film at all. The good thing is that it's more of a psychological thriller; Cusack's character of Mike Ensler has to go on this horrific rollercoaster ride until he can finally accept the death of his young daughter. The movie shows the cursed hotel room as being an evil life-force in its own right, but I feel it was actually in the grip of a powerful male ghost that played around with troubled people's minds until it drove them to suicide or literally scared them to death.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  18. Diego

Diego Moleman

Last film I saw was Ratatouille. Bloody amasing as well.

19. EternalKnights

EternalKnights Junior Member

300 on DVD on my dads massive home cinema system.

20. Mark / Grizzlor

Heartbreak Kid - Terrible movie. I don't know why the press is blaming Halo 3 for poor sales of this movie...thank goodness my best friend is the manager at my local movie theater and I didn't pay for this awful movie.

Disturbia - Interesting movie. I don't really like suspense thrillers, but it was better than I expected.

I'm trying to find Ratatouille (I know I misspelled it!) on Blu-Ray for less than $25...once I do, that'll be the next movie I watch. I could easily rent the movie, but I buy all of Pixar movies so I might as well just be patient.