The Wilytwins figures

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by GK Punk, Mar 11, 2011.

1. GK Punk

GK Punk Formerly Astrokreep

Stumbled upon this today

[​IMG]

2. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

Awesome, they actually do have hover boards :thumbsup:

3. GK Punk

GK Punk Formerly Astrokreep

Yeah I geeked out over that!

4. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Awesome! Mumm-Ra not bad looking either.

5. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

nice find! those hover boards are pretty tall compared to them. lol

wonder what those accessories are. Looks like Kit has some kinda hoop or chakram and Kat has some weird claws on a rope? maybe grappling hooks? hmmmm

and looking at some of the other pics from the site it looks like the 6 inch Lion-O comes with two shields. one with claws and one without. I wonder if that means they're retractable. Maybe so because from all the pics of the figures I've seen it looks like he wears it more as a shield instead of a glove.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  6. Thunderfan

Thunderfan Berbill

What's behind the kittens? Do they have tails?!

7. balgus82

yes they do. You could see them in the Drawings that were on the back of the Cards from the Toy fair photos too.

8. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

What the Hell? Panthro's weapons are silver!?

9. balgus82

If you've seen the toy fair video they explained that. The colors for the nunchakus were not added to the toys yet because they weren't confirmed to be blue and red yet.

10. No offense, but dr_slump up there actually broke up the flood gate of information we have on the new Thundercats figures. He was the first to see them and report them.

On a side note, Astrokreep's pic sparked something that I looked up and verified at least by the offering on BBTS. While he'll probably eventually be carded sometime later, the only way to get S-s-slithe (or Slithe as he's now called on the back of the package) in Wave 1 is with the Lizard Cannon. He doesn't appear to come in any of the case assortments for the 4" figures.

11. balgus82

He seemed surprised about the color on the weapons and I explained them. I mean what did I do wrong exactly?

And I thought it was that little lizard minion dude that everyone thought was Slythe that was included with the Lizard cannon.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  12. I guess you're too new to the forum to have known that. I was just informing you that dr_slump basically started the tidal wave of information for the Thundercats figures. He was at the London Toy Fair earlier in the year and saw the figures on display there. Not to say you were wrong for offering up more information, but just the wrong choice of person. But I probably should have just let it go. I was just watching out for him since he was kind enough to provide us the pics he did.

Also it depends on your source about Slithe/the generic Lizard Mutant. I was using BBTS, where they list it as being S-s-slithe. Entertainment Earth lists it at a generic lizard mutant. That is what was shown at NY Toy Fair, but on the back of the unfinished packaging we saw Slithe. It probably will be the generic mutant. I just was going by BBTS where I have my pre-order.

13. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

What you on about Grune? :confused: He was just pointing out what the Bandai rep said at Toyfair. How long a poster has been a member is kinda errelevent. The fact is the point about the Nunchuks was made at Toyfair and the info is being relayed to answer dr_slump's query.

Again in the same video (available to view via our front page!) the Bandai rep stated it was one of Ssslithe's henchman. I regard that as official info. BBTS are wrong ;)

14. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

Panthro has coloured nunchucks in both promo pictures as well as in the making-of video I saw in London. I have also been informed that blue represents water and red represents fire.

Therefore, if Bandai decides to keep a monochrome version of the accessory, everybody will be disappointed... not only the adult collectors.

15. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

It was stated that the nunchuk colors, if changed to red and blue would be more of a muted color to go with the overall darker tones of the animated series. The colors aren't finalized, so we could still be getting silver nunchuks.

This was said by Brehan in various videos across the web.

16. balgus82

I agree, but these were just prototype figures so everything isn't final. I doubt they'll stay silver.

I hope they actually give the nunchakus linked chains instead of one piece of plastic molded to look like chains.

17. I think at this point we'll probably get the molded chain piece for 4" Panthro, and probably for the 6". Best chance of probably getting an actual linked chain piece is for the 8" classic. However I would have thought they would have went with a nylon rope for Tygra's Bolo whip, so even that doesn't seem to be certain.

Yeah, I said I probably should have just let it go. I was going under the assumption that both dr_slump had seen something different at the UK Toy Fair, and that he had watched the NY Toy Fair videos. He more or less confirmed this assumption. balgus probably didn't know any of this which is why I said I probably should have just let it go.

18. balgus82

The 6" line is the one I plan on getting. Though if they dont add the rest of the group to it I might have to rethink my decision because I want the whole group. Mumm-Ra though WILL be the 6 inch version. I'd be fine with him looking bigger than the group if I got the 4" figures, cause I dont dont want Mr. Chest Holes. lol Plus that one just looked cooler.

19. Lilith

Lilith Active Member

Not crazy about them having tails. But I do like that they will come with their hoverboards.

20. balgus82

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011