The Wilytwins figures

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by GK Punk, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

I really hope they make those weapons better.. How crap does panthros and tygras weapons look... Come on... Put some effort in....

2. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Not so happy with the rollerblades either!

Also, according to the original the twins were just a little bit older than Lion-o, i guess with their childish image on the New series this won't apply now. i reckon them much younger than Lion-o

3. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Now featuring these hi-res images on this site's front page: http://www.thundercatslair.org/2011/03/new-hi-res-thundercats-toyline-images-from-bandai/ ! :)

Re: the rollerblades, if they're a feature of the toy then I think they're awesome - however, like others I'm not so keen on the idea of them featuring in the cartoon... :(

I think it's probably a fair bet that the twins being the same age as Lion-O has been ditched now you don't have the whole "Lion-O ageing in his Suspension Capsule" storyline, my own bet is that the Thunderkittens are around age 10 or so whilst Lion-O is probably in his late teens. I think the storyline will still be the same (Lion-O maturing and coming of age) but his physical age will be a bit younger than in the original, whereas the Thunderkittens will be around the same age as they were in the original! :)

Take care... :)

4. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I don't care for the roller blades on the boards, but I can live with that. What I don't like is the tails :( They look weird and totally out of place :(

5. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I could deal with the skateboard if, and I do mean if, the wheels folded up and still became hoverboards when they have to.

And I agree the tails look out of place when every other Thunderian you see doesn't have tails.

I kinda hope the kittens are boxed together. It would make it easier to buy figures that are so much smaller than the rest without having them included with some random Thundercat.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  6. GK Punk

GK Punk Formerly Astrokreep

I for some reason love the tails on the kittens. I could give or take it on the other characters, but on the two of them I love it. I can't wait until I can buy these figures.

7. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Why would the suspension capsules be a factor in the new show? There is no planet ThunDera, everyone has been living on Third Earth for a while already. Since there was no "exodus" from Planet ThunDera to Third Earth, there is no need for suspension capsules. No suspension capsules means there is no opportunity during the show for Lion-O to age. No opportunity to age means he MUST be old enough to wield the Sword of Omens as soon as the show starts. If he is already that old, then Kit and Kat have to be younger already, or they will be the same age/size as Lion-O, and he is grown enough to wield the sword.

Turning hover boards into skate boards is a very small change compared to some things they have already changed. At least this possible change doesn't rewrite the backstory. I can live with the hover/skate board change.

8. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Yeah, that's what I said! ;)

Take care... :)

9. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

This figures look much better than the Ben 10 figures. And have more points of articulation. So I'm content for now.

As to the hoverboards, Ben Tennyson figures also have them and have wheels, it doesn't really bother me. Removing the wheel parts isn't that hard.

Though I agree, the tails. DX But that's not the toys fault so I can't complain there.

10. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

I think they look awesome! I am really digging the animation for entire line up. I hope we see them mature/age or at least get newer updates as the series progresses.

11. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

I'm not fond of the thunderkittens new looks so they're figures are not impressing me too much. I hope they sell a Tygra with his other outfit on. Panthro's head looks tiny. Of course I'm sure I'll get them all. ;)

Has it been announced when they'll hit stores?

12. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

I believe August is the speculated estimate.

13. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Just another question based on the title of this thread. Was it ever stated by anyone official that the Thunderkittens were twins or even that they were brother and sister? I think I've always assumed both, but I'm wondering if there is accuracy in that.

14. balgus82

The only things we really know is that every time we've seen any images of them they've been together. Heck it took them frikkin forever to even clarify Tygra and Lion-O's relation. But, I don't see a reason why they would change that and that would incite fan rage like crazy if they weren't.

15. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Do you think that Lion-O and Tygra being brothers was actually pre-thought of before the original series or do you think that's a new invention for the new series?

16. balgus82

I think it's new because there was never any real hint of them being related in the original. I think they added it to add a little conflict in the group because they don't want them to all get along all the time like they did in the original.

17. Myonara

Myonara Glass Walker

If it was thought of in the original Jaga wouldn't have had to introduce Lion-O to Tygra in the first episode.

18. GK Punk

GK Punk Formerly Astrokreep

They act like twins, so I guess it's just assumed they are. I know I've seen others also refer to them as twins, so most of the fandom just ran with it I guess? It's part of what attracts me to those characters too.