Thompson Collection - Thundercat Prototype Archive

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by wthompson, Jul 20, 2011.

1. wthompson

wthompson Crabman

Hi Guys,

For friday fun and the new episode airing tonite for the new series I thought I would post this one up. Would be great if the lunatacs are in the new show.

[​IMG]

2. I love this piece!

3. wthompson

wthompson Crabman

Quickjaws nice pics

Thanks man.

This one may look familiar to some, as promised months ago before the snow began to melt he is not locked up for those not to see photos of.

Here is the pics you seeked.

QuickJaws the New York flasher inspired figure.... yes designer Kevin Mowrer who illustrated designs for this figure based him off a guy who flashed people or at least he told me that was the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Wayne,

Great Quickjaws, although i prefer him in brown:cool:

Upon careful examination, this is the same one being shown on HH - Wonder where the third one (orange) and the unpainted one ended up?

5. Dom

Dom Active Member

Very envious of the Quickjaws he was always something I hunted for as a kid. One day I will have the scratch to afford one

6. It's not just about having the "scratch" to buy one...I waited better than two years for an example to hit the open market, the whole time saying "sell me your Quickjaws, price does not matter!" that finally paid off, and i am glad to have mine, but were only three or Four produced...of which three have been accounted for.

Orange - Thompson Collection
    Brown - Indiabluesplit Collection
    Unpainted - Unconfirmed who owns it, but i belive it to be in England

there is talk that there is one more orange out there somewhere, but nobody has chimed in and claimed to own it...just my 2c:eek:

7. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Very nice Prototypes wthompson, Congrats!

I kept wondering if the Lion-O prototype has surfaced? and if yes who scored??

8. There are a few floating around :)

Wthompson has a read hair and orange hair Hard Copy

I have a read/Maroon Hair Hard Copy and a unpainted Test Shot

9. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

What's up indiabluesplit!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the updste

May i suggest you still haven't scored the 8-Back Rainbow Lion-o???

I'd love to see these Hard Copies

10. no i haven't :(

there was an 8-Back Rainbow "old" Tigra" with Wiley Kit that recently sold on eBay. I have never seen it, i am sure its a 1of1 type figure:eek:

11. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I suppose it must be even harder to find the ljn Figures now with the New Series being released.

I remember a couple of months ago, an energizer Lion-O, Red hair being sold on Ebay. I can't recall of the price. He must be the 4 out of 4 of these. We own the two:D

12. Dom

Dom Active Member

Yeah im in the same boat with my Droids and Ewoks stuff, they come up for sale so rarely its more of a waiting game than a matter of money

13. wthompson

wthompson Crabman

Thanks guys, still around took a break :)

14. Me too...gotta get my figures displayed sometime...;)

15. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

There are "collections" and then there are "COLLECTIONS" and this truly is a "COLLECTION"!!!!!! I have never ever seen the prototypes and hard copies that you have posted and never thought that I would ever get to see them in my lifetime. Thank you, sir for sharing these treasures with us. All the collectors who have posted here on TCL.org forums have truly amazing collections.

16. englishw

englishw Junior Member

Amazing! I'm floored! I love pre-retail figures and you sir, have an awesome collection of them!!! Wow! LOVE the 8" Classics first shot Tygra too! Wow!

17. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Excellent collection!!!

18. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

WOOOOooooooowwwww... (awestruck)

19. charn

charn Junior Member

Awesome awesome AWESOME collection!

20. rackstar

rackstar New Member

Great collection!