ThunderCats 2011 FAQ

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by CodeofThundera, Aug 1, 2011.

1. CappuccinoBird

CappuccinoBird Vortex Explorer

I just noticed there's an error in the list of episode titles in the first post. Episode 6 is called "Journey to the Tower of Omens", but the list says "Journey to the Cat's Lair".

2. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

yeah the first list we found had it as Cat's Lair and it was corrected later. I guess it was just overlooked here.

3. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Excuse me for my ignorance, this question might sound stupid and probably it must have been already covered but due to my long time absence i have a lot of catching up to do.

So one major point, WHY there is no intro in the New Series? I rememeber watching episode 3 with a couple of soldiers-friends in the camp and they used to love watching Thundecats back in the 80s and they commented that the intro was one of the most memorable things of the whole series but they were all left with the same question with the New episodes, where is a grand Thundercats opening? Why they don't have one? It is a huge drawback, i don't know why the creators let this go unnoticed..:liono

4. CappuccinoBird

Because Cartoon Network wouldn't allow an intro longer than 15 seconds (at least I think it was 15 seconds).

I don't remember where I read this, if it was in the crew of omens blog or in an interview, but if someone has the source, it might be a good idea to add this to the first post. It's not the first time this question has been asked here.

5. balgus82

Yeah that's what it was. CN limited the time on the intro so much that they just decided to do without and have a few seconds more show.

6. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Thanks for the update guys, i wasn't aware of that at all. Still, it is strange because the New Series is much more 'anime' than the old one was and Studio 4C as well as all the Japanese studios consider the opening an integral part of a Series. I don't know why they took this decision , 50 seconds wouldn't be too difficult to encompass in each episode. Has anyone from the forum asked mr. Zelenik or the rest of the producers about this?

7. CappuccinoBird

I guess the people at Cartoon Network are more interested in having more time for commercials than they are in giving viewers an awesome experience while watching their shows.

While Studio 4C is a Japanese animation studio and anime openings tend to be long and awesome (I just watched the new One Piece opening, two and a half minutes long), I doubt they have any say in things like intros for American shows. In the end, it all comes down to Cartoon Network and what they want.

8. balgus82

I imagine if they ever air it in Japan it'll get a decent intro. Similar to Transformers Animated.

9. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

CappuccinoBird - thanks for the catch, I've fixed it.

Lordore - thanks for the question, I've added it to the FAQ.

10. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and say that the short intro has a very epic tone and I like that. :cool:

11. 90210

90210 Guest

Berbils

What are the ratings for the recent thundercats episode "Berbils that aired October 28th?

12. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

I don't know. I don't even know where one would go to look for such information.

13. balgus82

14. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

I have updated the episode list.

15. reprochris

reprochris New Member

thanks for the info!

16. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

I've added 6 more episode titles that I've found in a couple places online but have not found an official source yet to confirm. Also not certain of their air dates.

Out of those titles, "Native Son" intrigues me the most. Could be about Lion-O. Could be about Tygra. Could introduce Bengali.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  17. balgus82

18. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

According to that, though, they're saying there is going to be a new episode next week. I thought it was confirmed that the the pilot episode was going to reair next week. :confused:

19. balgus82

the titles are what they confirmed. the air dates are inaccurate.

20. Cougara

Cougara Junior Member

Awesome thread, gotta favorite this one. ^.^