Thundercats 2011: Season Two

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Fan-Fiction' started by srebak, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Okey-dokey. :)

2. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

Just so you guys know, i'm currently trying to do some editing on the episodes i've already written, so be prepared to see some updates on the season on Fanfiction.net. It probably won't happen for a while though, since i don't want to be thinking about Thundercats on Mother's Day (don't ask)

3. Daremonger

All right.

4. 19Tabularasa94

19Tabularasa94 Thunderian Legend

5. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

I've finished my editing on Chapter one of my Season Two, so feel free to check it out if you'd like. If the edits don't work, i'm saving what i already wrote for backup

6. Daremonger

Okey-dokey.

7. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

To anyone still out there, i am still editing my earlier chapters, but the words just aren't coming to me at the moment. Please don't give up on this, i want to finish this season, but at the moment, i think i need a break to work on another project (even though part of me wanted to finish the editing first). To any of you who read this on Fanfiction.net, please spread the word that i'll be taking a break. I'm sorry to keep you waiting for so long.

8. Daremonger

It's okay. ;)

9. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

If anyone is still waiting, i'm sorry to keep you waiting, but you know how the creative process is. I'm still rewriting, but i think i'm reaching where i left off, again, i'm sorry

On another topic, i'm considering a later episode where a major theme is the group dynamics of the Thundercats. On paper, it seems like a good idea for the Cats to finally reconcile on certain matters (i won't say which ones) so that they can finally stop bickering amongst themselves and get their act together. But since it happens after the New Thundercats join the group that sort of implies that the original 7 Thundercats (yes, i'm counting Snarf) never got the chance to work things out on their own.

What do you think?

10. Cougar

Cougar Crabman

Just came across your continuation story. Great stuff. Hope more is on the way.

11. Daremonger

It's still a very cool story you're developing, dear srebak. ;)

12. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

I'm glad you're still here, Daremonger, sorry to keep you waiting like this. But since you're back, i repeat this statement; i'm considering a later episode where a major theme is the group dynamics of the Thundercats. On paper, it seems like a good idea for the Cats to finally reconcile on certain matters (i won't say which ones) so that they can finally stop bickering amongst themselves and get their act together. But since it happens after the New Thundercats join the group that sort of implies that the original 7 Thundercats (yes, i'm counting Snarf) never got the chance to work things out on their own.

What do you think?

13. Daremonger

I think it's an incredible story idea. You should run with it.

14. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

I know that I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but please, everyone who is interested in this fanfic, be patient. This is taking longer than i originally expected as well, but the creative process is a funny thing, in fact, I'll tell you right now, with October rolling around, i might have my mind set on other things. But really do want to finish this fanfic, so please hang in there.

Another factor in why finishing this may take a while is the fact that Dan Norton has revealed what was originally intended for the Second Season. None of what was revealed fits in with my own ideas, and while i may try to work them in somehow without following the darker aspects, the fact of the matter remains that my fanon truly is just fanon that was never meant to be. I'm told (or at least i think i've been told) that i should consider my canon the true canon if it makes me feel better, but that just screams "in denial" to me. Anyway, like i said, the Dan Norton reveal will make things slightly more difficult.

15. Daremonger

You'll find a way to make your story work. Have faith in yourself.

16. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

Believe me when i say that i truly hate keeping you people waiting, but my mind and my writer's block, they just won't work with me and, as a result, i just can't envision the right stuff and i just can't find the right words. And until the right things come to me, i won't be able to get passed the revisions, it's already been a week and a couple of days.

Please, just be patient

17. Daremonger

Sure thing, buddy.

18. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

To anyone still out there, please hold out a little bit longer. The words just aren't coming to me enough.

When i first started this fanon Season Two, i had hoped that i would be done in a few months tops, but instead, it's been almost two years and i'm no where near episode 13. Oh, i've had ideas, but i've never gotten to writing them and posting them.

Please believe me, i want to get to the grand finale as much as all of you do, but this is a frustratingly long process.

19. Daremonger

Don't lose heart, my friend. Your fanon second season is your baby.

20. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

I don't know what it is, i just want to get to the part where Lion-O is ruling over his rebuilt city-state (it's no spoiler that that eventually going to happen in the real show) and sitting on throne with Pumyra by his side as his queen and mate (akin to what happened with Simba and Nala, Aladar and Nera and/or King Arthur and Guinevere), but the words just won't come. At the moment, all i have is the idea of the image in my head and that only goes so far.

The actual show wouldn't have taken this long to keep the pace moving