Thundercats 2011 soundtrack

Discussion in 'Modern Collectables' started by balgus82, Aug 9, 2012.

1. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

2. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

3. Terra Bemani

Terra Bemani Moleman

*Starts throwing money forever at this*

Getting one to listen to and one to keep sealed. Does this mean we could get a FULL version of the new theme too???
    Even a better sign the series is still alive too!! The nintendo DS game AND a TWO cd soundtrack??? Just preordered
    my two copies on amazon.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I knew the 2011 series' soundtrack would be available on CD. :)

5. Bengali

Bengali Berserker

I'm gonna be picking this up too, I enjoyed the music. Can't wait to see the cover.

6. DesertCat

DesertCat Berbill

*acts like the foaming mouth guy from avatar the last airbender*

7. MarianaTCdreams

MarianaTCdreams Barbarian

Now, if I only had the money to pay for it. :(

8. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&set=a.181243738754.155532.56031953754&type=1
    From La-La Land Records Facebook page

"LA-LA LAND! LA-LA LAND! LA-LA LAND -- HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

If you are a fan of 1980's animated programs like He Man and the Masters of the Universe and Thundercats then join us next weekend, Sept 22 and Sept 23 at the THUNDERCON/POWERCON celebration in Torrance, CA for our world premiere release of Kevin Kliesch's fantastic score to the New THUNDERCATS Animated Series airing on Cartoon Network.

Kevin will be appearing in person at the event on Sunday Sept 23 and will be signing copies of his new cd.

For more information about the convention please visit:

http://www.thepower-con.com/

Hope to see you there!"

[​IMG]

Kevin later posted the following.

"Just for clarification...I will be signing CDs BOTH DAYS. I will be with the LaLaLand guys on Saturday as well as Sunday. Come on by!"

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  9. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Great Void Dweller

Auto-graphed copies of the Thundercats Soundtrack by Kevin Kliesch available 1 week early!!!

From the "Save Thundercats" Campaign facebook page....

EXCLUSIVE NEWS !!! Thundercats fans we just spoke to Kevin Kliesch-the composer of the new Thundercats soundtrack, and the guys over at La-La Land Records. The soundtrack is not being released until October 16th BUT on Oct.9th at 1:00 PM EST, La-La Land Records will be releasing a limited amount of Auto-graphed copies of the Thundercats soundtrack for $17.99 USD !!! That means you not only get an Kevin Kliesch auto-graph but you also will receive you copy of the CD before it is released!!!!! There are less than 200 of these being made available, so be sure to GET YOURS NOW!!! Before they are gone!!!

On OCTOBER 9th, get your 2-Disc Thundercats Soundtrack composed by Kevin Kliesch auto-graphed by Kevin Kliesch for $17.99 USD here - www.lalalandrecords.com

Thundercats fans be sure to "like" Kevin Kliesch's official facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/kevinkliesch

10. Gold Lion

Gold Lion Great Void Dweller

I got my soundtrack in the mail today. It comes on two discs, and has unique tracks composed for every episode.

There's a track for each episode, and each of those tracks contain the music pieces which were composed for it. These are listed in the booklet. For example, "The Sword of Omens" features Sword of Omens Theme, Wilykit and Wilykat Theme, Hypnosis Flute Theme, Grune's Theme, and Race Up the Tree. It's pretty easy to recognize each one.

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Moleman

The crazy thing about the soundtrack is that WB could only get the musical rights to segments of the original theme. That's why the soundtrack only has snippet homages of the original theme and the composer never got to redo the actual full theme for the series.

12. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Well, Kevin Kliesch got an ANNIE nomination for his music on Thundercats, it was only a matter of time till they released that.
    One of the best things in the NS

Why Amazon UK doesn't have it:mad:

13. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Just got the soundtrack in the mail and its AWESOME! 2 Discs with a total time of 115 minutes!! A must have! :thumbsup:

14. Originalthundercatroar

Originalthundercatroar Vortex Explorer

I'm just glad that Warner Brothers followed in the grand tradition of Rankin-Bass and used an orchestra to make their soundtrack instead of using a music library. The soundtrack to this series was so beautiful, I still kinda' tear up at the Song of the Petalars suite, and Cheetara and Tygra's love theme? :thumbsup:

15. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I don't understand how the music for "Trials of Lion-O" Part 2 wasn't included on the soundtrack.