Thundercats 2011 = The Pirates of Dark Water

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by srebak, Apr 29, 2016.

1. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

Think about it;

A young royal male lead, who was once the heir to a massive, now decimated, kingdom, who carries around a mystical artifact, traveling the world with a small group of friends and a pet, on a mission to locate and retrieve several other mystical objects before the villains get them. Both stories even take place on an alien world; Merr for PotDW and Third Earth for the TCats.

2. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Both were cancelled before the quest was completed too.

LiamABC likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The 2011 setting of the quest was too generic in my opinion. Like so many other cartoons. Like PODW, Prince Valiant, Avatar etc.

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

There certainly are some similarities. It should come as no surprise that I was a fan of Dark Water as well.

5. Brutikong

Brutikong Active Member

I had started modelling Bloth and the little peg leg pirate (Forgot his name.) Never got around to finishing it.

[​IMG]

6. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

Konk is the name you're trying to think of Brutikong. Voiced by an almost unrecognisable Tim Curry!

But yes, srebak, I've just been rewatching "Legacy", and I was thinking the exact same thing. The powerful gemstones are scattered over the planet, and our heroes must retrieve them. I suppose there's a similarity to "King Arthur And The Knights Of Justice" too, where they had to find the twelve keys of truth . . . that show was kind of dodgy in its treatment of the Arthurian mythology, but it also had the most awesome theme tune of any cartoon ever. Fact.