ThunderCats 2011 Toys Unveiled; Collector's Classic Figures!

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Jan 25, 2011.

1. TheFallen

TheFallen Berbill

Don't let it get to you. I am on the he-man.org forum and you should see the hate for that place on other sites ....

2. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

It's TYGRA. If you're going to be someone who snubs noses on smaller sites, at least spell the NAMES correctly. :rolleyes:

If someone has an account at TNI, could you guys pass that message on to the author of those snobby news articles? It's happened twice already. Thanks.

I'm sorry if I'm being obnoxious, but I'm about to totally ignore that ad-infested site.

Anyways, it's interesting that the "hearsay" is that Slithe is listed for this year for the Classics line and that it was only created due to fan demand. Hard to believe that, but I'll bite.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  3. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Way ahead of you Grune...we've already thought of excluding public domain e-mails, it doesnt work since most spammers typically use a paid e-mail service to spam forums.

Please get back on topic...we're talking on this thread about the toys, not about trying to build a bridge with x or y company and certainly not about hate for x and y website

4. TheFallen

TheFallen Berbill

I have to admit, it has taken me a long time to get over the fact the Mattel did not get the Thundercats license but I am excited by what could come. I hope that Bandai's distribution for Thundercats reaches Down Under like it's Ben10 lines.

5. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I would like the New figures to be in 8''. just like the old, beloved LJN toys. i never took to the G.I Joe midget sizes. Anyway. I am aware that the Japanese toys-influenced have a tendency for sleek and compact outlines.
    I am very curious to see how the classic line will turn out.

Manny, i can't take my eyes off your new Avatar:liono:thumbsup:

6. At first I wondered why my post was removed, especially after it seems Manny echoed my sentiments. But I see where it did get off topic. Didn't mean to try to hijack the thread, I just was aggravated for the same reasons Manny stated above, I probably just wasn't as restrained about it.

Given the artistic direction of the show, it makes complete sense now why WB chose them (I don't see Mattel being an expert in anime inspired figures).

I haven't seen one of those new anniversary Power Rangers up close, but from the pics it would be a little dissappointing if Lion-O had screws all over his back. I hope its at least up to par with MOTUC, like with removeable armor and plenty of accessories.

I'd be remiss about the Classics coming to retail though. I know some DCUC, MOTUC/DCUC 2 packs, and other things Mattel has done have sold well at retail, but I've seen a LOT of those as peg warmers, both here and in pics people have snapped. Plus you'll pay a bit of a price hike compared to a direct offering from Bandai as the retailers have to make a cut of the money too (although that might even out w/ any discount bulk shipping rate they would get vs. what you would pay). Lastly, with no show/movie supporting it I just think it would be a hard thing to put beside Ben 10, Transformers, G.I. Joe, etc. and expect it to sell. TRU would have it in their collector's section most likely, but that would leave many international fans out in the cold.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced the best route for the Classics line for everybody is for it to be offered as an online exclusive.

7. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Just been going through all my figure and all the bandai ones suck.. i sooo hope they are alot better other wise ill only be getting one set for my son...

8. siamese goat

siamese goat Junior Member

I am looking forward to the new Bandai cats.
    Out of all the retro toys they look the most promising

Transformers- hasbro- super articulation=easy to break

GI Joe 25th and up-hasbro- lots of articulation= super loose joints and hands that fall off, move em to much and they will not stand.

He Man- mattel- loose joints, cant stand and super crappy toys....most look like they were painted and assembled in the dark ( sloppy paint and wrong feet)

My son has some ben 10 figures that get put through the wringer and still have tight joints and good paint aps. I hope the Tcats are the same.

9. lostdwarf

lostdwarf Vortex Explorer

woohoo I have confirmed passes and an appt. with Bandai for the NY toy Show. This is my first toy show like this so I have no idea what to expect. My friend hooked me up with a pass cause he owns a store and made an appt with bandai. I can't wait:thumbsup:

10. Jaga86

Jaga86 Junior Member

So far so good! I hope that we a better insight in the coming months and UK realeases as opposed paying through the nose for importing!

11. TheFallen

TheFallen Berbill

Wow. The MOTUC figures are the most durable figures I own. I bought some for my 6 year old son and he has put them through the wringer and they are still perfect, including a She-Ra that he constantly changes heads on. He also had some Ben10 figures which couldn't hold up to the pressure and actually broke, namely the Gwen figure.

I will admit there is some issues with MOTUC QC that have been seen online but apart from some loose ankles and reversed Roboto shoulders, my MOTUC are perfect. I am hoping the new Thundercats are as durable.

12. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

i also hope that the UK get a release and a reasonable price, in fact everyone in the world should have them released and at a reasonable price as the show is a globle phenomenon

13. siamese goat

siamese goat Junior Member

Not knocking the whole line :) of Motuc.
    It just seems they are better in the package than as a loose collection. Most of mine have required extensive boot fixing where the ankles are super loose form the package or have the wrong feet/feet on backwards. The paint gets sloppier with each new outing. Started superb and rolled down hill. We sold off most of our motuc to start bank rolling for the new tcats :)

I do look forward to all the new Thundercats and will get multiples of each, 1 moc, 1 loose display and at least 1 more to play with for me and my sons nightly action figure battles. :)

14. meetthegrouch

meetthegrouch New Member

I love that a bunch of companies are coming out with Thundercats, I guess my worry though is that all of them are basically going to open up with the main 4-5 characters, and that many of the lines will fail before they have a chance to expand into the secondary characters.

15. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

I'd have to agree that MOTUC are basically perfect. You really can't get too much better than that. Just about all of them have durability, good sculpt, and not TOO much articulation like the road Marvel Legends took. I would hope a Thundercats classics line is similar to MOTUC.

What I really like about Bandai is their use of durable plastic. GIjoe 25th lost me as a collector because I just didn't like the way the plastic would bend and form when pressure was applied.

16. PaulNomad

PaulNomad Junior Member

17. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

18. Thunderfan

Thunderfan Berbill

Not bad...not bad at all....

19. Wilykit

Wilykit New Member

Preordered the set of 4 & 7 from BBTS of the 3 3/4" figures!! :wilykit:

20. Snake-Eyes

Snake-Eyes Junior Member