ThunderCats 2011 Wave 2 figure sightings thread

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Blinded No More, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Blinded No More

Blinded No More Berbill

Since there wasn't a thread for this I'll make one :)

OK, so far I've only seen the Wave 2 figures in 2 different places, though for privacy reasons I'd rather not state where. I will say that one is a Target, and the only Wave 2 figures they had were the 6 inch classics for $15 each. Also, at a Walmart I saw the Armor Of Omens for $23. A friend of mine tells me that the 6 inch classics and the powered-up Lion-O and Panthro (plus the 6 inch Cheetara) are at my local Walmart, though I haven't got a chance to check yet.

2. MaxGoof

MaxGoof New Member

Saw all of Wave 2 at Wal-Mart in Upstate NY. Picked up Claudus and Mumm-Ra Transformed and left multiples of everybody else.

3. RichardX1

RichardX1 Crabman

Saw the Wave 2 4" and collectors' toys and the Tiger Flyer at Wal-Mart in Fayetteville, NC (Skibo Road). Saw a bunch of Wave 1 stuff at Target, but they also had a 4-pack of Wave 1 4" figures (Tygra, "decayed" Mumm-Ra, Lion-O, and Snarf).

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  4. michaelm

michaelm Active Member

I picked up Claudus and the rest of series 2 4" at Walmart.

5. RichardX1

RichardX1 Crabman

Saw the Armor of Omens at the Wal-Mart on Ramsey Street (Fayetteville, NC).

6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Moleman

Located 6" Cheetara today at Wal-Mart for $11(!). It was the Wal-Mart in Porter Ranch, CA. I couldn't believe it was $11, I figured it had to be a mistake. The price scanner gave it to me at that price and it rang through at the register for the same price. Plus tax, she was $11.96. I picked her up because it was such a cheap price and it was the last one.

Hoping to get Tygra and series 2 classic Lion-O and Mumm-Ra next.

7. Booyah!

Booyah! Moleman

They've hit SC. I picked up Claudus, tech arms Panthro with the correctly painted nunchucks and Tygra with longer whip and redone face.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  8. Thunderbee

Thunderbee Junior Member

Toys R Us... New Items ACCEPT NO Wave 2 4-Inchers

Central Ohio Toys R US (all 3, Polaris, Dublin, Eastland/Groves Road) are now carrying The Armor of Omens, Super Deformed 6-Pack (Stylized Figures) and Classic Wave 6 and EVEN Tygus with Tiger Flyer... But no Sign of wave 2 4". I picked up the 6-Pack and Tygus

9. jabus

jabus Barbarian

Saw the same @Toys R US in Michigan. Snatched the only Tiger Flyer they had:thumbsup:

10. lipster

lipster Junior Member

Picked up Tygus and the Tiger Flyer Wal-Mart in Lima, OH on the east side. I think they put out a case of new 4inch but they only had Liono's and Mummra's.

11. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

If there is anyone out here in the Northeast Philadelphia area, the Walmart in Warminster Pa has a Mumm-Ra Storm Charger. I already have one in my collection and since I have had problems with this line and ebay I'm not bothering with it. I was just there and they have the Storm Charger and also a few 6 inch Cheetaras'.

12. dammagededdie

dammagededdie Junior Member

Hit a few Walmarts today, it was slim pickings but I was able to pick up Series 2 Lion-O, Panthro, and a Tygus. Didn't spot Claudus though. Did see Mumm-ra's vehicle, but passed since I didn't want to spend $25 on it.

13. Dom

Dom Active Member

Claudus will be the tough one, he is only one per case

14. Snarfer

Snarfer Junior Member

What have they done to Claudus?- he looks like a Goron from the Legend of Zelda!:eek:

15. Blinded No More

Blinded No More Berbill

My local Wal-Mart, when they stock up, has almost all of the Wave 2 stuff that's been released, including Claudus who I finally managed to pick up. Also, this thread that I posted got stickied.... I'm so honored :D :P

16. Tommyx13

Tommyx13 Junior Member

I saw the 6" Tygra at Forbidden Planet in NYC on Tuesday. He looked great but I'm not ready to jump into that line until they make a few more.

I also picked up the last Claudus and Slithe figures they had from the smaller line. I might get some of the other series 2 figures but I got Tygus a while ago at Toys R Us so I'm all set for now. Claudus is a nice figure, my only complaint is the lack of ankle articulation.

Slithe could have been awesome, but they really messed up on his shoulder articulation and it almost ruins the figure. His accessories could've been better too. Hopefully they get around to making him in the regular line with a normal weapon as his accessory at some point (not until after we get a Monkian, Jackelman, Jaga and maybe an Elephant guy).

17. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Do you have pics of Slithe? It would be cool to see him up close :)

18. Tommyx13

Tommyx13 Junior Member

Sure, here are some quick pics. His arms do not have forward to backward movement so he is always kinda awkward looking.

The collection is shaping up nicely. I just hope they show some upcoming figures soon and the line doesnt die prematurely.

I don't know why the pics are coming up upside down, they were right side up when I uploaded them...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  19. starrcade89

starrcade89 Vortex Explorer

Man that slythe is awesome, c'mon UK get em rolled out!

20. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I've edited them for you and re-uploaded :)

Thanks for the pics! Though is it me, or does Slithe look a little too short? Apart from that he looks great!

I actually didn't think Slithe and Tygra were available... or have they JUST hit stores?