ThunderCats are back ...in parody form!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Roar (2019)' started by Dr_SLUMP, May 18, 2018.

1. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Barbarian

Wilycub, Daremonger and Mark M like this.
  2. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

:(:(

I'm sorry, but this is not what I want from a ThunderCats show.
    A little comedy is ok, but it shouldn't be a full blown comedy. Something like Studio Mir did with Avatar and Voltron.
    This just seems like Teen Titans Go.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  3. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Barbarian

It's a total pass from me. The only positive outcome is that the brand will remain active with this reboot. Maybe we'll finally get decent figures and more classic merch.

Daremonger likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

This is pretty awesome for the Thundercats brand. Warner Bros have listened and tried something new with the licence rather than let it become obscure.
    I hope the cartoon does good and connects with the younger audience it's aimed at. I am sure there will be somethings in it for the adult Thundercats fans.
    The animation wouldn't be exactly to my taste but the cartoon looks to be quite fun.
    This could lead to a lot more Thundercats projects and merchandise.

Thundergod, T-Cat, adssse and 2 others like this.
  5. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Well done WB. Finally ThunderCats will land the lucrative merchandising deals you always wanted, while likely leading the franchise to be cemented in modern pop culture consciousness as a joke.

6. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Barbarian

So much for my wishful thinking...
    [​IMG]

Lion-O-hearted and Wilycub like this.
  7. balgus82

8. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Berbill

I'm honestly fine with this, for now. Sure the show COULD be absolute garbage, but who knows right now. ThunderCats has been on life support for the better part of a decade, I'm fine with any kind of infusion they can give it right now. It could be bad, it could be good, but of course the style is going to alienate a lot of folks. That said, 30-40 year old men are not the target audience here, they're going for younger kids and I can't fault them for that.

My only real hope is that this can spawn a collector line of toys, or by some bit of luck, restart Classics.

Mark M, T-Cat and adssse like this.
  9. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Barbarian

Yes, the point here is that it looks exactly like a new series should. We need enhanced remakes, not (literally) silly reboots. Children should look at decent animation to develop their aesthetics, not moving doodles.

Sent from my P8_Mini using Tapatalk

10. Serval

Serval Moleman

I can't believe the folks being interviewed are serious (I would imagine that they are having a difficult time keeping a straight face in that promo video). The Thundercats look like the personification of popcorn. It should lend itself well to Funko, bobble heads and over exaggerated nonsense. But yeah, perhaps more classic merch.

11. Serval

Serval Moleman

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  12. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I saw the BTS video for the new ThunderCats Roar. I like what they're doing with it -- appealing to old-school fans and attracting new viewers. It won't be for everyone, which is fine. As a ThunderCats fan as a whole, I'll give this series a shot. I also appreciate the new show having a logo of its own rather than the more-iconic, classic ThunderCats logo. The 2011 reboot's logo was similar to the old show's one.

13. balgus82

I will give the series a shot. It could be like Adventure Time where I was originally very put off by the art style but ended up enjoying it. I just hope they don't go too far into the comedy bit. ThunderCats has never been about comedy.

14. balgus82

Larry Kenney just announced he's going to be a part of the show too, but that he's not at liberty to say who he's playing.

15. Bengali

Bengali Berserker

This is border line offensive. WTF is this?

16. thunderfat80skid

thunderfat80skid Junior Member

This is pure garbage. I will not be watching a moment of this. Won’t even watch the trailer/intro or whatever is available now. I sincerely wish I could unsee that promo art.

To mock a property as excellent, heartfelt and truly good as Thundercats in this manner is despicable. This show is clearly a product of its time. Perfect new toxicity for the “Era of Non-Canon”, an age where everything is contrived, heartless, meaningless, cold and absurd. What a horrendous time for entertainment. As you can tell, not bothered by this in the slightest.

17. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

Absolutely not! This has got to be the WORST thing they have ever done. I promise you I will NOT be watching this piece of utter trash and why the bloody H E double hockey sticks are new cartoons today so ugly?!

18. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I know there will be a subset of fans who are very put off by this style/approach, but I am going to welcome this reboot with open arms! I have long thought that Thundercats may need to reach out to a younger audience and this may just be its chance. I have two kids (7 and 3) whom I watched the trailer videos with and they are both just as excited as I am. I have raised them right and exposed them to both the classic and 2011 series and we will certainly embrace this one as well. The original and 2011 series are always going to be there for those of us who are fans (and believe me I am a very passionate fan of both). This is a new take and I believe it can be a great benefit to the Thundercats brand!

Mark M and thezaxfactor like this.
  19. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I sure hope you're right.

20. Bengali

Bengali Berserker

This doesn’t look like it will be a “children’s” show though. It’s supposed to be like ThunderCats meets Rick & Morty. At least that’s the vibe I’m getting. I’m on the verge of tears over this.