ThunderCats are back ...in parody form!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Roar (2019)' started by Dr_SLUMP, May 18, 2018.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

No, quite the opposite.
    The original series appealed to us as children and still appeals to children today.
    I am saying a Thundercats reboot should be geared towards appealing to younger fans but to also still have appeal for older fans.

2. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

i guess i read it wrong.

3. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

4. mumm_ra_n_rana

5. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

When I saw this clip, the first thing that came to mind was will kids enjoy this? I think they will!:biggrin

:panthro

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

As much as I dislike the art style of the show I do hope it's successful to lead to new Thundercats projects more appealing to the vast majority of fans.

T-Cat and adssse like this.
  7. mumm_ra_n_rana

I highly doubt that.

ExelArts likes this.
  8. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

First of all, it doesn't do anything new with the fads it's chasing. Second of all, it's based on a property that is ripe for being taken more serious, not less serious. It doesn't seem to project success to me, but you never know. Some people love garbage. The TF movies are insultingly bad but there are people who think they are cool.

9. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

I often think about taking meth but then I seen this and was like, hmm better not.

So much for hoping for getting my nephews interested in Thundercats, I showed him it and he didn't like it. He did like some of the 2011 reboot.
    What sucks most is the director or creator of this show said he doesn't even like ThunderCats, then why the hell are you working on anything thundercats! I hate that most people currently working on star wars doesn't even like or care for it just like 343i the company that now makes are halo games.
    Why hire people that hate the product you want them to work on! They won't have any passion to make it great

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  10. Originalthundercatroar

Originalthundercatroar Vortex Explorer

My theory is that now, as everything else, animation has been encapsulated into a degree, please understand I am not belittling education, but when you study and receive an MBA, you are theoretically able to run any business, from selling waffles to underwear and now, you get an arts degree and you specialize in animation, well, you're supposed to be able to do everything it takes to create a show.

It's "just a job".

In reality none of that works, and what you said bears true for any venture either in professional or private life, you have to have love of what you are doing, along with passion and imagination for it to work, you also need talented people working with you for success as well.

But the key is passion, and believing in what you do. Now it's more about selling toys, and yes, ThunderCats was a toy commercial, G.I Joe, He-Man, Transformers, Voltron, all of them were meant to sell toys, but what "commerials" they were. These shows just didn't want you to go out and buy the toys, they made you want to be the characters, and inspired you to emulate characters that were honest, honorable, and fought for good.

I know people have been rather hard on ThunderCats Roar! without having really seen an episode yet, but the creator/animator taking potshots and making cracks at the fans of the original series about how little he cared about their opinions, and the crass way he expressed it is not the way to win friends and influence people. He should have known and taken into account how people were going to react to a vastly different look to the characters everyone is accustomed to and chosen a more diplomatic response. As I said in a previous post, the producers of this show are going to have to have if not the respect of the old school fans, at the very least their blessing if this show is to make it past its pilot.

Frankly speaking, and this is off topic, (I will erase this section if the moderators request, no disrespect to the forum) I honestly feel that the future of ThunderCats lies in its past, and Rankin-Bass in their genius already saw the future and laid it out for whomever to produce, they just didn't act upon it, or didn't have the chance.

They already did some rudimentary promo art for it, and I speak of no other than ThunderForce: imagine the epic cartoon that a ThunderCats/SilverHawks/TigerSharks combination of all three worlds together, expanding and building upon each others' mythology and the diverse storylines would be. Mandora and the ThunderCats working with the SilverHawks, The ThunderCats fighting evil with the TigerSharks, imagine the 'Cats taking a dip in the shark tank...…..

Heck, in the 2011 ThunderCats series, they even threw us hardcores a bone and showed Mon-Star and the TigerSharks as an Easter egg/homage, so no one ever forgot those iconic, however lesser known properties.

All I know is that after years of fans pestering them, if Nickelodeon made the Hey, Arnold! "The Jungle Movie", anything is now possible, and I feel with the right person and backing, a more serious version of ThunderCats will be produced.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  11. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

Honestly I believed combining tigersharks and silverhawks wouldve have ruined ThunderCats I never got to see tigersharks but I hated silverhawks with a passion! To me it felt like they were trying to save the other 2 by combining them with ThunderCats which Ted wolf I'm sure would've been against. personally Im tired of crossovers, marvel movies are doing great right not but DC isn't and DC owns ThunderCats

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  12. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

DC has been second to Marvel since Marvel has existed. And it's true - they haven't done anything great with this property. Especially when it comes to figures, which is what the what started the whole property. Statues and deformos and all that crap, but no regular figures? It's dumb.

13. mumm_ra_n_rana

well don't expect this to spawn any real figures. you're gonna have to settle with more deformed garbage.

14. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

ThunderCats wasn't made to sell toys

15. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

I'm sure it's old news, but WB removed the original YouTube video to "reset" the incredible amount of down votes. Even now with the reset it's already back up to 21K+ down votes and nothing but negative reactions. I decided to watch the video again to see if I could spot some more things and lo and behold look what I spotted... Look what they've done to Mandora, one of my favorite characters from the original (and a very empowering female character I might add):

[​IMG]

This "redesign" has stripped away everything that makes Mandora a powerful female character and turned her into a sad parody of the original. Do today's young girls not want strong empowering females to look up to?

Edit: Well I stand corrected on the original video. It is back and with the original down votes (100K+). It was no where to be found yesterday afternoon however. Weird.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  16. mumm_ra_n_rana

They want their "strong female characters" to not look like females because female bodies are noting but eye candy and waaaa they must be flat and unattractive and look like boys. they did the same thing to she-ra.

17. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

Sjw and third wave feminist have ruined everything

18. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

While I understand your sentiments on the new She-Ra, at least the animation is not horrible. The new Thundercats on the other hand, got the extreme short end of the stick.

ExelArts likes this.
  19. mumm_ra_n_rana

WHY aren't girls allowed to be exposed to female characters with actual female bodies anyway? are all of their mothers fat butch lesbians?

20. ExelArts

ExelArts Junior Member

Apparently you should be ashamed of your beauty cuz men will drool over it and men should be ashamed of the testosterone and white men should ashamed of there not existent privilege...feminists claim men are the root of all evil yet out of all the women in power in human history most of them abused there power and others just outright tyrants especially the Chinese woman who killed her husband and daughter and banished her son cuz she was afraid of losing her power THAT SHE STOLE! from her husband. Fyi woman or no better